Ideas for another COOP mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for another COOP mod

Now before someone like Baker bashes me about never finishing what I start, I plan to finish both the NewDM idea and WhiteHot as well as write that doc, before starting on this one. I'm just coming up with ideas.

RCOOP is a huge success, I'm not going to lie. It has lots of maps, hard monsters, and cool runes that give you a unique role in the team.

FVF is also a success but mostly overlooked compared to rcoop. The class system is a great feature in the mod and is what makes the mod unique.

My idea revolves around both of these mods. Taking rcoop's mass maps and fvf's class system idea, there's room for another mod. Here's what I'm thinking. Instead of 10+ fvf classes or runes, there will be 6 jobs to choose from when you connect to the server. You can't change from this job once you chose it and any player can have the same job as another player.

These ideas were inspired from Final Fantasy I, World of Warcraft, rcoop, and fvf. Quake coop maps are great but it would be neat to have a party where players fill a specific job in questing. Monsters will have x2 x3 or x4 their original health, depending on their difficulty. Weak monsters (grunt, fish, zombie, etc) will have x2 health, stronger monsters (ogre, deathknight, fiend, etc) will have x3 health, and elite monsters (vore, shambler, chthon, and shubby) will have x4 health. Custom monster attacks would be a great addition as well.

Like the other two mods, there will be a level system where if you gain enough frags, you level up. You do not lose your frags from level change or going back to the entraceway. At higher levels, you will gain stronger abilities.
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 10-20-2007, 08:40 AM.

Refer to this webpage for class details

http://www.geocities.com/canadiansniper604/classes.htm
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 10-16-2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

In before Gunter bashes you for ripping him off.

Also sounds fun I'd play it.

(too bad you're never going to finish it)

Comment

The Priest would need some special magic like "Forget" which would make a monster forget about attacking you or "control" which turns a lower level'd monster into an allie.

The Berserker would need to do an wide scope of aggro or else you got a berserker running around chopping down monsters in a line.

Then once you get the bugs ironed out and then code everything slap a$14.95 monthly payment on it and call it "World of Quake"

I'd play that (for free)
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
          In before Gunter bashes you for ripping him off.

Also sounds fun I'd play it.

Hey RocketGuy, how much effort would it be for you to add (only) vote-map to progs 106? A diff file of the before and after could be used a tutorial.

You'd be doing the world an invaluable service.

That functionality is needed in many mods and aside from Rune Quake and CRMOD, you have the only implementation of it and your implementation is not ProQuake specific.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            That's already in ProQuake (has been a LONG time) but cl_crossx and cl_crossy can't center a crosshair in a resolution independent way. I discovered this real quick. So I added cl_centeredcrosshair 1|0; cl_crossx/cl_crossy can be used with either setting.
            Yes Phenom, there's a lot of things that would need to be fixed to make each class even. I'm thinking of increasing the mana regeneration. Also changing the Priest so he only gets 3 healing spells (not 5) which improve when you level up. That would leave room for 2 other abilities that would make the priest more interesting.

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
            I'll get around to it. NewDM first though.

edit: made changes to the jobs. Mana regeneration improved, new spells added for Priest and Warlock, and Adventurer improved.
            Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-15-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

There is no way to fix that in GLPRO. It isn't something that can be controlled by a cvar, it is a deficiency in the GLQuake engine code.

I implemented a z-fighting fix in my work on the ProQuake engine, but it looks like the Z-fighting fix in ezQuake is even better.
              I use slot's vote-map which I just copypasted from RQ1.2 and didn't look into, so no I can't make vote-map for progs106

Comment

Heres my input for this idea, hope it helps!

the mages seem like badasses and they are aslong as they don't get attacked, the berserker is the meatshield and still needs help to be effective or he'll die from aggro'ing to much, the leader is there to give the team support, the scout is usually 2 steps ahead of everyone but not really in the fights and the adventurer is the other end of the leader!

Leader
                -Weapons: SG, SSG, NG, GL
                -Armor: Green, Yellow, Red

-Abilities-
                Warcry (Increases self & allies attack damage and speed lasts 20 seconds)
                Formation (Increases self & nearby allies defense lasts 20 seconds)
                Firstaid (Makes the player shoot out first aid kits which heal whoever picks them up)
                Counter (Counter attacks any enemy that attacks this player dealing the players normal damage amount)
                Flee (Makes the target forget about this person, once casted the caster receives 2x damage for 2 minutes)

Scout
                -Weapons: light hatchet, hook, traps
                -Armor: Green, Yellow

-Abilities-
                Greater eye (gets some radar to see enemies through walls "Spidey sense")
                Wall climb ( lets player climb walls)
                Hide (Player becomes invisible for 15 seconds)
                Speed (Player's movement becomes 2x their normal speed does not effect attack rate)
                Flee (Makes the target forget about this person, once casted the caster receives 2x damage for 2 minutes)

Berserker
                -Weapons: 2x AXE, SSG, GL, RL, LG
                -Armor: Green, Yellow

-Abilities-
                Berserk (Damage Given 2x speed 2x, HP increased to 175HP and player receives 2x less damage)
                Scavenge (Eat Gibs to regen health)
                Aggravate (Causes all nearby enemies to attack this player forgetting their current target)

Adventurer
                -Weapons: Axe, SG,SSG,NG,SNG,GL
                -Armor: Green, Yellow, Red

-Abilities-
                Self cure (Replenishes players own health)
                Traps (Traps last 10 seconds once activated and deals 15 damage a second to the victom)
                Camp (Restores 50 to all nearby allies health)
                Hook (Allows the player to use a hook which can get them to higher places the hook takes 2 minutes to reset per shot)

Priest
                -Weapons: None
                -Armor: Yellow

-Abilities-
                Fire magic (Does X damage for 15 seconds)
                Ice magic (Does less then Fire magic but slows enemies down)
                Wind magic (Does no damage but can push enemies/items away or pull them closer at a larger mana cost)
                White magic (Can absorb HP from enemies & can create totems that heal the party when near it)
                Heal (Casts heal on target)
                Remedy (Removes any illness form target)
                Life (Brings the target back to life)

Warlock
                -Weapons: None
                -Armor : Yellow/Green

-Abilities-
                Inferno (Creates an area of effect causing fire damage around the player)
                Blizzard (Creates an area of effect causing 2x slower movement in enemies)
                Meteor (Cause "Lava balls" Comets to crash to Earth causing massive damage to low defense enemies and medium damage to all high defense enemies, low defense enemies will instantly be wiped out at the cost of all the player's mana)
                Death (Causes the target to die within 15 seconds of casting, also enrages the target giving the target 2x speed)
                Immune (No self damage for 20 seconds at the cost of large mana depletion and a major aggro effect on all nearby monsters)
                Fly (Causes the player to take flight for 10 seconds but renders them immobile when they land for 10 seconds)
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

looks like someone's been playing Oblivion
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

World of Warcraft and City of Heroes
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

I noticed on DarkPlaces servers using ProQuake as a client, that I see ^7 in a lot of places involving the name.

I just wanted to point that out.

To Canadian Sniper: Please do whatever you have to do to enable automatic map download on Whitehot for DarkPlace clients (if it isn't) and also please don't run the iddms map.
                      Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Counter (Counter attacks any enemy that attacks this player dealing the players normal damage amount)
                      What's normal damage?

Greater eye (gets some radar to see enemies through walls "Spidey sense")
                      how????? nvm I think there's a feature in darkplaces that allows this.

Wall climb ( lets player climb walls)
                      nice

Scavenge (Eat Gibs to regen health)
                      0_o

Fly (Causes the player to take flight for 10 seconds but renders them immobile when they land for 10 seconds)
                      ooo nice
                      Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-15-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Normal damage?
                        The normal damage of a regular attack from the leader with whatever weapon is currently held

I also kinda thought that wall climb and fly were going to peek your interest

and Scavenge was added to give the Berserker one more ability or else he just seems like a lopsided warrior heh
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

Hehehe, I have to admit I got a little bit scared when you said "do you know where I can get the original models?" :d :d

A visual representation of how I felt when I read that:
                          Updated the Scout and Adventurer with new abilities.

Comment

How about a guy who specializes in lgun? Mercenary or something. Almost none of them can use LG.

Otherwise it sounds awesome.

Comment

hehe, ive got some sugestions to help

ive payed alot of rcoop to the point i can be drunk and fucked out of my face and still no all the lvls down to a tee, every spawn every power up every secret. for this new thing your talking about sounds as if might wanna put in some new lvls or expand the lvls so they are 2-3x bigger in size. theres alot of nq custom maps out there that are huge maybe put monsters on them and shit

ive also noticed that i only die like 4-5 times max on the "hard" rcoop maps compared to the 20-30 times when i started. if your going through with this id recommend making monsters 4-5x stronger and have certian monsters have 2x damage like grunts and shit or make fiends have a electric field around them or something. make the mod harder.

Comment

Working...
                              X