Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the anti cheat...

Destroyed speaknow, unfortunately..

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but since the server-side anti cheat was installed... the server has pretty much been dead for a few weeks..
    for a while now it was packed late at night, now you can rarely get a 3v3 or more.

Half the server population has suddenly diminished after the release.. some of the more "common" players are now gone..

sure makes you wonder..

Wow. That's an eye opener 0_o. Good surveillance Rampage.

Comment

Flanders on the otherhand is doing great !
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

bye crissy. i'll really miss him.

Comment

hah, nice observation Ramp. Lets give it a few more days and see what happens. As I check the servers on quakeone, I see everyone on Rage and no one at Speak lol.

Comment

Funny shit for sure, I wish that the anti cheat had a admin area, and would actually catch the cheaters for all to see

Comment

it wasn't too hard to notice, many of the regulars are now gone..

When the anti cheat went up a few people predicted it would kill the server.. so far so good..

I don't really understand why there were so many cheaters in the first place, it's an old game, there is no competitive league, and there is no reputation to behold..

I think it's great this anti-cheat came out, am I happier to find out that a quarter or more of the server regulars were most likely cheating? .. not exactly, but regardless.. at least now I know whoever I play with is legit..

I was hoping this would help entice people to play CA more or Quake for that matter but it appears the complete opposite has happened.

edit: shok imagine what will happen if the anti-cheat goes up on rage?
              NQ as we know it will be over..

Comment

it may not necessarily be that everyone who stopped showing up was cheating. maybe one or two or three were cheating, left speaknow, and the others left too because there were fewer people playing there

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                  it may not necessarily be that everyone who stopped showing up was cheating. maybe one or two or three were cheating, left speaknow, and the others left too because there were fewer people playing there
                  You rarely play there, I wouldn't take your judgment into account.

Like you said, "it may not necessarily", we are both making assumptions correct?

I am not trying to state a fact, but correlation wise there is some relativity, not cause.

Anti cheat goes up ^ number of players playing go Down | (unfortunately there is no down arrow for this!) .. stupid keyboards..

Considering right now the server would be packed, with 11-12 people, and usually is packed through out the day, even during weekdays and work nights, and this entire holiday season almost no body showed on the server.. I am more then happy to make this assumption..

Comment

the question is not the facts on the server; the question is your interpretation of the facts. valid alternate interpretations for a set of facts can emerge from anyone. it was merely a proposal intended to make you question the reasons for the particular interpretation that you made

Comment

I agree its more then plausible for players to have been effected by others not showing up anymore DUE to cheating.. personally I do not believe this is the case considering there were more then enough players that played there on a consistent basis regardless of the "2 or 3" that left the server.. if only 2 or 3 were cheating and left.. there would still be more than a handful of players left to play..

the anti hack has completely wiped the server off the map, from my past recollection during holiday season there were even more players coming on to play, and this has not been the case at all, the server has been completely empty for a few weeks now, we play some 1on1s and 3on3s there now.. compared to 5on5 and 6on6 before..

Comment

He's absolutely right, the server was packed day in day out. 25%+ of the server was literally cheating judging by the current turnout and how these douchebag cheaters are playing on Rage now. Honestly pathetic.

Now when I say "1v1 speaknow" I can be 100% sure not one of the various cowards I offer 1v1s to will ever accept.

Comment

It could just be their new years resolution, "Spend less time with quake more time with woman". Give them a month to break the resolution, you'll see

Comment

Originally posted by omix2 View Post
                            bye crissy. i'll really miss him.
                            Youre right. I havent seen crissy or Speedy Gonzalez, FRoZEN FINGERZ, EL TERRIBLE, EL SPEEDO, EL LAGGY or SPEED.BOT on ever since. That cheating whore. Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by bonbons View Post
                              Youre right. I havent seen crissy or Speedy Gonzalez, FRoZEN FINGERZ, EL TERRIBLE, EL SPEEDO, EL LAGGY or SPEED.BOT on ever since. That cheating whore. Thank God.
                              can you please find me a picture i can send to everyone too to tell them I'm a girl? I want big boobs, blonde hair, etc. the works

Comment

Working...
                              X