X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PapaSmurf
    replied
    RA is pretty much all aim and positioning. Aim and position are essential to CA; the only real strategy in CA is sticking together and trying to get doubleteams on the opponent. Most of the time, however, it's just one big clusterfuck.

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    well, i've played against him in RA, and I feel that he's very very good there. I don't see how those skills wouldn't transfer well to CA. Maybe he can't do all the RJ tricks that people can do (especially the water ones), but that's not very limiting when you consider his aim.
    back when I was a lot worse at CA, there was no one who could beat me at RA, except for nate / bosh.

now i'm way better at ca and probably not as good at RA. the skills don't transfer at all, unless you're talking a 40% eff LG or something obviously

in reality the 2 mods have absolutely nothing to do with each other

Leave a comment:

• PapaSmurf
    replied
    Originally posted by omix2 View Post
    he's the definition of a niche player. all he plays is runequake, and he's not great at anything else.

on top of that the excuse for not playing other mods that dont involve newbies and lots of runes is ridiculous.
    well, i've played against him in RA, and I feel that he's very very good there. I don't see how those skills wouldn't transfer well to CA. Maybe he can't do all the RJ tricks that people can do (especially the water ones), but that's not very limiting when you consider his aim.

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    I never said he was a niche player, and I feel that he is a very good player, but I wouldn't crown him king of CA. I've really only seen him and played againt him in RA, and he whooped me good. And it appears many of the runequakers feel he is one of the best at runequake. I'm just saying that at CA and especially DM, he's probably not "the" best.
    he's the definition of a niche player. all he plays is runequake, and he's not great at anything else.

on top of that the excuse for not playing other mods that dont involve newbies and lots of runes is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• PapaSmurf
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post

Add: Slugnut certainly isn't a niche player. I've seen him play CA. I have a screenshot of him whooping some ass in a tough, tough crowd of players and everyone was asking "who is Slugnut?".
    I never said he was a niche player, and I feel that he is a very good player, but I wouldn't crown him king of CA. I've really only seen him and played againt him in RA, and he whooped me good. And it appears many of the runequakers feel he is one of the best at runequake. I'm just saying that at CA and especially DM, he's probably not "the" best.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    It's always been very clear that Slugnut isn't cheating.

He wins on reflexes. He's aggravatingly fast.

Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months, the anti-wallhack will find it's way on the DM servers.

quake.shmack.net has anti-wallhack on every port including 26002, where DM can be done with vote-match. Then no one has to play the guessing game about small DM maps and no one will need to argue about the possibility of wallhacking ever again.

/Everyone who knows Slugnut knows he's clean. He doesn't make lucky shots and he mostly plays Rocket Arena.

Add: Slugnut certainly isn't a niche player. I've seen him play CA. I have a screenshot of him whooping some ass in a tough, tough crowd of players and everyone was asking "who is Slugnut?".
    Last edited by Baker; 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnRocker View Post
    rofl at omi... nicely said slug.. haha
    i havent even played slugnut and i believe him over omi.
    ****** **** sucker omicron.
    begone tool.

Leave a comment:

• JohnRocker
    replied
    rofl at omi... nicely said slug.. haha
    i havent even played slugnut and i believe him over omi.
    ****** **** sucker omicron.

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    He's not even good at RA... He just plays runequake, and makes up shitty excuses for not playing REAL MODS.

Don't even listen to this TU scrub trying to bail you out scrubnut, he speaks for no one. I remember vividly that game where I was about to 1 hit kill you with shaft/berzerk and after making no noise you did one of those "predictions" and stopped me from ending your streak (all while fighting someone else). Nah, I know you walled, I know you can't wall any longer. I know you're worse because paradise is getting close to beating you now. I don't even need to play you to know that, I'm confident enough.

See me when you get the balls to play a mod other than one where you smash newbies 24/7 with ridiculous runes. Stop making up bugs and ridiculous excuses.

Originally posted by spooker View Post
    sluggie, everyone on these forums knows that everything omi says is null and void. you are widely acknowledged as the king of all mods. im surprised u even responded to him

LOL. this is why you will always be a scrub spooker. calling that a stretch is an understatement. stay bad.

The only reason I ever played runequake was as a joke, or to mock newbs, or just because I was high or wanted to listen to music while playing. You have always taken it seriously. In fact its the only mod you play, and you play it religiously. That is what makes you even more of a joke.
    Last edited by omix2; 01-16-2008, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PapaSmurf
    replied
    Originally posted by spooker View Post
    sluggie, everyone on these forums knows that everything omi says is null and void. you are widely acknowledged as the king of all mods. im surprised u even responded to him
    No offense to slugnut, but saying he is the king of all mods is a stretch. Runequake and rocket arena, maybe, but not all mods.

Leave a comment:

• spooker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slugnut.
    replied
    wrong

This may be the 3rd or 4th time I have ever posted a comment anywhere on the internet...

How many times do I have to repeat myself to you omicron? Do you have a hard time understanding things? Do you have a comprehension problem?

Issue #1: I haven't played at the CA servers in quite a while now; I used to play there more often before.
    Reason (about the 5th time I'm repeating this): For some reason when a game is about to start and the "10 seconds till match starts..." message appears, it freezes my quake. I have to restart quake and rejoin the server and enter the match late every single game. That's not an enjoyable experience, I don't bother anymore.

Issue #2: You claim that I wallhack.
    Reason you are wrong (I've said this several times to you also): You make noise and it's easy as fuck to tell where you're coming from, especially with headphones which I always use. I also take random shots, especially if I know someone is coming because they made a fuckload of noise like you did. I don't wall or use any other cheat, get over it.

It's incredible to me how you can actually think that I cheat. I have never cheated, ever. Whatever I do on a server, anyone else can do. I despise cheats. I wouldn't know how to run a wallhack. I wouldn't even know where to download one. Wanna know why? It's pretty simple but I'll be explicit because I know it's hard for stuff to go through your thick skull. BECAUSE I'VE NEVER EVEN LOOKED FOR ONE. I know it may be a shock to you, but every single time I've killed you (or anyone else for that matter), I wasn't cheating so get over it (yeah, it's the 2nd time I say get over it but I figured I'd have to repeat myself otherwise you wouldn't understand).

Maybe I should copy/paste this post and repost it a few times. I wonder how many times he'll have to read this until he finally understands that I don't cheat and that CA games cause my quake to crash at the start.

I guess I should say something relevant to the thread topic while I'm posting something (which is a fucking miracle if I say so myself, I really don't post anything anywhere). I use alt-hook because it's what I used in 3wave ctf.

Leave a comment:

• PapaSmurf
    replied
    Paradise, I agree with your reasoning about ground-based style fighting vs. aerial style fighting; however, I believe that the belly-hook is still superior to the "alt-hook" or 3wave style hoook. This is coming from someone who learned quake by playing ctf, never used the +hook, and I still don't use the +hook. It's just that your reasoning is more about the mindset of the player rather than the tools at the player's disposal.

Perhaps choosing which hook one uses lends itselft to different playing styles, but if one acknowledges the fact that by hooking around and not staying on the ground to fight is not working, then one should change playing styles, not the hook. It is a fact, though, that the +hook offers more degrees of freedom, and that in and of itself makes it the better choice (I still choose not to use it, though).
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by omix2 View Post
    Slugnut is pretty much a garbage player...
    Ut oh, I see Slugnut is logged. You better run

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Slugnut is pretty much a garbage player, which is why he is exclusive to RQ. And lol the reason he is worse, as you noted, is because of the anti-wall exe being installed a couple of weeks ago. As I predicted.

Never try to challenge my credibility in spotting someone who walls. I have been playing this and other games that have had shitloads of wallhackers for something like 11 years straight. I've seen it all, I know who walls... simply put. I played CS back when everyone was mad walling left and right and I would always spot someone in the league and call it before they got banned. It's not that hard, you just use your head, or you record a demo and watch it with walls on and note their playstyle in relation to the cheats.

I knew slug would get shittier. I figured he'd quit but he's so pathetic, runequake is all he has. That's why when I challenge him to a DM game or a CA game on an anti-wall server I get nothing but excuses. Keep stomping those newbies scrubnut.
    Last edited by omix2; 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X