This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spooker View Post
    sluggie, everyone on these forums knows that everything omi says is null and void. you are widely acknowledged as the king of all mods. im surprised u even responded to him
    No offense to slugnut, but saying he is the king of all mods is a stretch. Runequake and rocket arena, maybe, but not all mods.

Comment

He's not even good at RA... He just plays runequake, and makes up shitty excuses for not playing REAL MODS.

Don't even listen to this TU scrub trying to bail you out scrubnut, he speaks for no one. I remember vividly that game where I was about to 1 hit kill you with shaft/berzerk and after making no noise you did one of those "predictions" and stopped me from ending your streak (all while fighting someone else). Nah, I know you walled, I know you can't wall any longer. I know you're worse because paradise is getting close to beating you now. I don't even need to play you to know that, I'm confident enough.

See me when you get the balls to play a mod other than one where you smash newbies 24/7 with ridiculous runes. Stop making up bugs and ridiculous excuses.

Originally posted by spooker View Post
      sluggie, everyone on these forums knows that everything omi says is null and void. you are widely acknowledged as the king of all mods. im surprised u even responded to him

LOL. this is why you will always be a scrub spooker. calling that a stretch is an understatement. stay bad.

The only reason I ever played runequake was as a joke, or to mock newbs, or just because I was high or wanted to listen to music while playing. You have always taken it seriously. In fact its the only mod you play, and you play it religiously. That is what makes you even more of a joke.
      Last edited by omix2; 01-16-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

rofl at omi... nicely said slug.. haha
        i havent even played slugnut and i believe him over omi.
        ****** **** sucker omicron.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRocker View Post
          rofl at omi... nicely said slug.. haha
          i havent even played slugnut and i believe him over omi.
          ****** **** sucker omicron.
          begone tool.

Comment

It's always been very clear that Slugnut isn't cheating.

He wins on reflexes. He's aggravatingly fast.

Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months, the anti-wallhack will find it's way on the DM servers.

quake.shmack.net has anti-wallhack on every port including 26002, where DM can be done with vote-match. Then no one has to play the guessing game about small DM maps and no one will need to argue about the possibility of wallhacking ever again.

/Everyone who knows Slugnut knows he's clean. He doesn't make lucky shots and he mostly plays Rocket Arena.

Add: Slugnut certainly isn't a niche player. I've seen him play CA. I have a screenshot of him whooping some ass in a tough, tough crowd of players and everyone was asking "who is Slugnut?".
            Last edited by Baker; 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post

Add: Slugnut certainly isn't a niche player. I've seen him play CA. I have a screenshot of him whooping some ass in a tough, tough crowd of players and everyone was asking "who is Slugnut?".
              I never said he was a niche player, and I feel that he is a very good player, but I wouldn't crown him king of CA. I've really only seen him and played againt him in RA, and he whooped me good. And it appears many of the runequakers feel he is one of the best at runequake. I'm just saying that at CA and especially DM, he's probably not "the" best.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
                I never said he was a niche player, and I feel that he is a very good player, but I wouldn't crown him king of CA. I've really only seen him and played againt him in RA, and he whooped me good. And it appears many of the runequakers feel he is one of the best at runequake. I'm just saying that at CA and especially DM, he's probably not "the" best.
                he's the definition of a niche player. all he plays is runequake, and he's not great at anything else.

on top of that the excuse for not playing other mods that dont involve newbies and lots of runes is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by omix2 View Post
                  he's the definition of a niche player. all he plays is runequake, and he's not great at anything else.

on top of that the excuse for not playing other mods that dont involve newbies and lots of runes is ridiculous.
                  well, i've played against him in RA, and I feel that he's very very good there. I don't see how those skills wouldn't transfer well to CA. Maybe he can't do all the RJ tricks that people can do (especially the water ones), but that's not very limiting when you consider his aim.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
                    well, i've played against him in RA, and I feel that he's very very good there. I don't see how those skills wouldn't transfer well to CA. Maybe he can't do all the RJ tricks that people can do (especially the water ones), but that's not very limiting when you consider his aim.
                    back when I was a lot worse at CA, there was no one who could beat me at RA, except for nate / bosh.

now i'm way better at ca and probably not as good at RA. the skills don't transfer at all, unless you're talking a 40% eff LG or something obviously

in reality the 2 mods have absolutely nothing to do with each other

Comment

RA is pretty much all aim and positioning. Aim and position are essential to CA; the only real strategy in CA is sticking together and trying to get doubleteams on the opponent. Most of the time, however, it's just one big clusterfuck.

Comment

Originally posted by omix2 View Post
                        now i'm way better at ca and probably not as good at RA. the skills don't transfer at all
                        I've added info flagging each server with anti-wallhack.

It's certain there will be more in the future. May take a month or so.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                          I've added info flagging each server with anti-wallhack.

It's certain there will be more in the future. May take a month or so.
                          On what medium? I can't find what you mean. I checked the serverlist and don't see anything new

Also, about RA, it's 100% aim and dodge, very little position per say. You can't really position yourself on a uniform / flat map. CA has hit and run strategy, waterfighting, bridgefighting, pent window fighting, osfighting, moundfights, etc.

I look at CA as attrition, slowly get in good shots and wear your opponent down. If anyone actually treats it like they do RA they would probably lose terribly to someone that plays like I do.

RA once you get down to lower ping is 75% LG eff and 25% RL eff, and nothing more. Once I started switching hardware setups / mice / sensitivities my RA game isn't near what it used to be, there's just too much practicing required and too little time now. Before I could hold a 30-40% LG now it's 20% because I just can't LG anymore, I have a new sens and I don't have the time to get used to it.

Comment

It's the little "A"'s next to specific servers on the front page.

Comment

Slug, I'm sure Omi just skimmed through your explaination post, so you'll probably have to post it up again.

What the fuck is with the word "scrub" lately? Oh right - you're a med student. No wonder....

Comment

we have derailed....thanks omi

Comment

Working...
                                X