X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuadRaptor
    replied
    We may not be able to read, but you're still a douchebag.

(Sorry DK, I love fucking with this bitch )

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
    Omicron please stop saying that he cheats over and over. It is not getting you anywhere.

He is not cheating,
    Since you can't read, I am going to sum up what I said.

I said the reason he got worse (as i predicted) is because of the exe being installed on shmack. Nowhere on this thread do I say he cheats, you people are fucking retarded and literally can't read.

Go back a month ago and find the post where I specifically said this clown would get way worse at the only newbie mod he plays after the anti wall is installed. Bingo, it happened. You passed it off as you getting better but that's really not the case. He's shittier.

Yeah he uses sound in runequake. He's the only one who takes it that seriously. To the rest of us, it's a joke. The fact of the matter is a month or two ago I caught him walling, and after I heard about this exe I told him him he was going to suck. And he does.

And lol at the "CA crash" don't even bother fixing that for him. It doesn't exist. He's full of shit.

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone even cares about this nobody. He plays runequake for fucks sake. As far as I'm concerned he's not even a quake player.
    Last edited by omix2; 01-17-2008, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• foq
    replied
    He says scrub cause someone scrubbed his dick with a brillo pad until there was nothing left.

Leave a comment:

• JohnRocker
    replied
    fist urself omicron.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian*Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
    What the fuck is with the word "scrub" lately? Oh right - you're a med student. No wonder....
    scrub is a term used on people who think they're the shit but aren't. But this term has sort of derailed itself off the train tracks because nowadays people use it as another way of calling someone a "newb", regardless if that person brags that he/she's the shit or not.

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy
    replied
    I use +hook.

And I'll beat any of you with it on shmack.

As for 3wave, Impulse 22, all day, everyday.

To each his own, it's all about preference.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowswift
    replied
    i caught that part right off the bat. this is why im in such a quandry, because most players that use axe-hook are good, and most players that use +hook are...erm...yeah. i just dont quite understand why it has to be that way. why should convinience come at a price? why not just respect the fact that you need to fight your best when you have to, and flee away when you have to, and not just chicken-shit out of everything? whether or not im guilty of that myself, i dunno. i havent seen me play in a while. but to you +hook players out there, take note of that. use the mighty +hook only when you have to. just because its there doesnt mean you have to grapple around like an idiot all the time...
    as usual, mentor rOOk had an answer. we all want to keep our senses of CTF in top-shape for whenever it makes its comeback (soon, i pray) in which case, i fully respect your use of the axe-hook, and wont try to deter you an inch.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by R00k View Post
    and balances the fight or flight aspect of the hook, thus increasing their skill to fight in most cases. Using +hook would make it easier to kill people on Shmack, but would lessen their skill on CTF servers that dont allow it. Besides, using the "axe-hook" gives +hook players a little advantage on Shmack then
    AHA!!! this is it, the final conlusion, only with a small correction that still, despite the height advantage and manuverability of the +hook, the alt-hook players can defeat the +hook players by keeping their sights on them the entire time (to watch their movements) and switch weapons really fast and kill them.

Yes ballance is the most important, I believe most of the things I said can be summed up by just saying ballance! I took the long way around of explaining it, but Rook found the direct word for it for what I was attempting to explain. Ballance for everything, yes! That should settle this once in for all.
    Last edited by Paradi$e; 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK, I see that my post stirred up some responses.

Let us strart with the basics.

DK, I apologize you did not get the answers you were seeing. I did my best to resolve them.

I am also sorry that you are in that condition. It sounds to me that you are sick. I caught somewhere that you are in your 20s, it should not be like that.
    I really hope you get better.

The key to a better life is rest, work, good food and happiness.

I do not see how you can lose your skill over time. The skills stays but it does come back slower if you have not played over a while.

I build skill, one of my secrets is that before each play session I warm up doing a complete set of movements in the game to control my movement and sharpen my aim. I have done this for years and it helps tremendously to get back into it fast, if I have not played in a while, it all comes back in a minute for me.

Yes, a crappy computer does take away a lot from your game. I hope you will get your new one soon and enjoy it, most importantly play some new games this year, a lot of good games came out in 2007, and if you have a powerful computer make sure you enjoy them.

Now to Slugnut, thanks for posting. The anti-wall hack is installed on the Shmack server, and Omicron please stop saying that he cheats over and over. It is not getting you anywhere.

He is not cheating, I played him many times and it is just a matter of overcoming him eventually with all that you got. His configuration is great, I made it even better, I adopted it, I am using it, I will stick with it for life, I feel it is the best. I got his techniques (and Tical's too, and other extremely good players), and I will use it all against him and everything else I got and I will win. That is the attitude of a winner. Thumbs up!

If you really want to beat him, you have a tremendous advantage with your ping and speed and your accuracy is bar to none, Slugnut was right, making noise with hook and collecting ammo and things of that nature does give your position away clearly. That is why when I play him I avoid doing any of those things, and I had more success in killing him.

Yes, I am coming closer and closer to beating him. It all comes down to figuring him out (and his weaknesses - he was very few by the way), using a similar configuration - made better by your own additions to it, getting better, and turning it all against him. As mean as that sounds that is the way to victory. Observe him, ride him, learn from him, expoit and find weaknesses, practice, turn it against him and finally win. There you go, a big pointer for you.

Beating a player does not mean disliking him. I love Slugnut he tought me a lot, but I just want to surpass him to prove to myself that I can do it. It is just engraved into my genetics: I just want to be better than you, I never ever give up, and I will attain it, but in the end I will always be your firend.

You should never hate anybody, just beating him should give you enough satisfaction. Just keep in mind, weaker players turn to their mouths when being overpowered, great example Scoffer. I am not saying you are Scoffer (no way!) but let us not go close to that route. Strong people let their actions speak for themselves, and say things only to offer insights. That is the way of a true hero!

As you said RuneQuake is a newbie mod, only in the sense that most of the players are considered newbies as regards to the game play.

I have a solution for everything, and I will help Slugnut, I am sure we can troubleshoot his problem, because to be frank with you, the idea that you get booted out of a CA server is pretty ridiculous (I am not saying he is a liar).

I use GLPRO 3.5 with a lot of custom settings, a boat load of them. I went through all the documentation of the Quake Console Commands, findable on Google, and went through each setting, seeing what it does, making adjustments, anything that can give me a advantage I added it into my configuration, all settings availlable GLPRO 3.5, and I never had any problems, ever.

I never, NEVER had any problems on ANY server. The problems always come from the server side, never from my client side.

If we fix his problem, we can see his skill and awe as he plays CA, which is a much tougher mod, then killing weaker players in RuneQuake. And he will not have that excuse anymore as RuneQuake will not be his only option. But still he should come and play an equal time at RuneQuake, as I want his challenge.

As for me sometimes I need a challenge and I feel disheartened killing the same poor players over and over, that is why I put time in playing CA now, what is left of it anyway, lol, after that anti-wall was instituted, but that is a whole another discussion.
    Last edited by Paradi$e; 01-17-2008, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
    those of you who play at Shmack, this goes out to you.

ive noticed a few people who use the axe-hook as their primary (if not, only) means of grappling around the map.

my question is simple.

...why?

+hook offers you the same hook (yes, the exact same hook. it fires at the same speed, retracts at the same speed, and has the same holding strength. they arent even two different hooks. you cant use them both at the same time like you can on CTF, for example.) why go through all the trouble of switching to an entirely different weapon when you can just click 1 key/button to do the exact same thing? by using the axe-hook, you leave yourself relatively defenseless even if for just a few fractions of a second that you arent holding an actual gun. thats dangerous, my friends. by using +hook, you can grapple around and fire your gun at the same time with no switching back and forth. its wonderful.

the other thing im wondering? the people guilty of using this inferior axe-hook are generally superior players. that makes me wonder quite a bit.

those of you guilty of using axe-hook at Shmack, give +hook a try, just long enough for you to get a good feel of it. see if it improves your overall skill.

and please, dont just brush this away, thinking im some newb that doesnt know what hes talkin about.
    Back to the question at hand. I highlighted the portions out of context. The superior players using the "impulse 22 aka 3wave hook" are using it because 3wave forces this, and balances the fight or flight aspect of the hook, thus increasing their skill to fight in most cases. Using +hook would make it easier to kill people on Shmack, but would lessen their skill on CTF servers that dont allow it. Besides, using the "axe-hook" gives +hook players a little advantage on Shmack then

Leave a comment:

• Shadowswift
    replied
    we have derailed....thanks omi

Leave a comment:

• QuadRaptor
    replied
    Slug, I'm sure Omi just skimmed through your explaination post, so you'll probably have to post it up again.

What the fuck is with the word "scrub" lately? Oh right - you're a med student. No wonder....

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    It's the little "A"'s next to specific servers on the front page.

Leave a comment:

• omix2
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    I've added info flagging each server with anti-wallhack.

It's certain there will be more in the future. May take a month or so.
    On what medium? I can't find what you mean. I checked the serverlist and don't see anything new

Also, about RA, it's 100% aim and dodge, very little position per say. You can't really position yourself on a uniform / flat map. CA has hit and run strategy, waterfighting, bridgefighting, pent window fighting, osfighting, moundfights, etc.

I look at CA as attrition, slowly get in good shots and wear your opponent down. If anyone actually treats it like they do RA they would probably lose terribly to someone that plays like I do.

RA once you get down to lower ping is 75% LG eff and 25% RL eff, and nothing more. Once I started switching hardware setups / mice / sensitivities my RA game isn't near what it used to be, there's just too much practicing required and too little time now. Before I could hold a 30-40% LG now it's 20% because I just can't LG anymore, I have a new sens and I don't have the time to get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by omix2 View Post
    now i'm way better at ca and probably not as good at RA. the skills don't transfer at all
    I've added info flagging each server with anti-wallhack.

It's certain there will be more in the future. May take a month or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X