Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the green team in CA annoy people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cough*
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Looks like it was already mentioned but ya I sometimes get an enemy green guy mixed up with one of my guys. Blue and yellow are a lot easier to notice than Red as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        cough*
        *Feeds Mindzy some cough medicine and tucks him into bed*
        Do you feel better now, boo?

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
          Why not just change green to another color? That would seem like an easy solution?
          Seems reasonable, as a pure Clan Arena player rarly playing any other mod I agree that the color green is very hard to spot, especially near brown, and green environments, which is basicly what original Quake colors are.

Changing green to a color equally visable as blue/red/yellow would make perfect sense since some players tend to go green simply because it is harder to see.

Just because the original creators had intended it to work, doesn't mean it works well and theres always room for improvement.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

why not use the color white?

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
              Why not just change green to another color? That would seem like an easy solution?
              I agree, it's just been one of those things that was always needing changed but other things needed more attention. One problem is finding a color that stands out from the rest. (there are several shades of gray, green, and blue) Maybe purple?

EDIT: The color white is reserved for observers. It restricts observers from using team_say to talk to a player and helps differentiate observers from players.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e
                Improvement by removing original colors? Methinks that's a step backwards.

I could argue more, but this is your mod, guys, and you play it more then I do. Have it how you want it. I was just stating my belief.
                We would not remove it from quake. We would be removing it from the mod.
                SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
                [email protected]
                AIM - EMHof1

Comment

Switch the observer color to green and add Team White

Comment

I vote for purple.

Comment

<omicron> LOL
                      <omicron> oh my god im laughing so hard tears are coming out of my eyes
                      <omicron> ive never talked to a more stupid human being
                      <omicron> in my entire life
                      <haze_> lol wtf
                      <haze_> shes from the hood yo
                      <haze_> cut her some slack
                      <Neil> that paradise person is a retard
                      <mindzx> ahmen neil
                      <mindzx> lol
                      <Neil> i just read tthe color green thing
                      <Neil> she has no idea what shes talking about
                      <Neil> must be some form of euro trash
                      <Neil> ;o
                      <mindzx> actually,hood rat from NY
                      <mindzx> haha
                      <mindzx> or NJ,which might be worse
                      <Neil> cant really be a girl
                      <Neil> ;o
                      <Neil> no girl plays quake
                      <mindzx> shes a runequaker,so...
                      <Neil> let alone talks on a quake fourm
                      <mindzx> that sums it up
                      <Neil> agreed
                      <Neil> dirty slut
                      <Neil> .com
                      <Neil> omni owns her tho
                      <Neil> so thats swift

Comment

Baker please come in here and clean this crap up. You removed his flame post but he posted it again against your wishes. Stop flaming in the threads and derailing them, idiot.

Thank you. Gee, you must really hate me, you just keep flaming threads about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
                          Baker please come in here and clean this crap up.
                          I find this post offensive and wrong on several levels.

#1. I am not the only admin here, QuakeOne is not "my" site

#2. I have obligations to EXACTLY no one.

It pisses me off when someone thinks they can make demands of my time to fuck around with something they can take care of themselves.

Is this shit important? No.

I'm adding you and Omicron to MY ignore list.

/Actually, I noticed I can't do that because I have admin and I've noticed I have been personally "requested" for stuff 3 times by you.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've removed my own Admin. Much better! :d :d

/I'll have to ask Sole or Yellow to change my title. It's just a custom title field.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

If my signature about Flanders Whitehot NewDM added to your frustration, then I apologize. Just don't leave quakeone.com Baker we all love you

Comment

While we're on the topic, it is kind of ridicules how you two (Paradi$e and Omicron) bicker back and forth with each other, when both of you could simple walk away or use the ignore command.

Noone here really cares about the animosity you two have going on for each other but this isn't the spot to do this. Baker told you specifically that there was a thread to talk crap with Omicron, yet you fail to stop running your mouth every single opportunity to bash on Omicron.

You might think you're helping when you reply to Omicron's posts and throw BS back and forth but in all reality you are giving him another step to take to get closer and closer to your personal feeling/self and you are irritating alot of people that you need not irritate. The best way to deal with him is to just ignore him. "Who fuckin' cares?" right? Obey what you preach.

Baker isn't the Quakeone.com janitor, hes actually far from it. If you think he really has time ( like he said ) to stop what hes doing to weed through posts to delete bullshit posts where they should have been avoided in the first place you are wrong. Look at the news on the front page, who's name is on almost every single article? Who's name do you see painted all across the forums helping people with REAL problems with Quake. Who is taking Quake and trying to make something better of it? Baker.

Don't bite off more then you can chew and you won't have to call for help.

P.S
                                This irritated me seeing a hard working member of this community being treated like this. Maybe if you had some integrity you'd see what you are doing. Both of you. Pull your heads out of your ass and act your age. Baker isn't a butler or a referee.

Paradi$e I expect better from you.
                                Last edited by Phenom; 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM.
                                QuakeOne.com
                                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                                X