Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the green team in CA annoy people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
    Those colors were programmed into Quake and changing them it is meddling with the color scheme which was originally meant by the creators.

We have changed a lot in the game to accomodate, but not to get over our personal preferrences. That would not be fair. It is up to the player to choose any colors they please as long as they are the original ones pre-programmed into Quake, even if they happen to be Camo. For a trained eye, color is not a problem.

In a way it is even better, it trains and heightens your sense of observation, playing Camo players!

Baker, please do not take this disagreement personally, it is my belief.
    Why do you even care, and why are you even posting in a thread about a mod you dont play? Not to be a dick, just curious, makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      While we're on the topic, it is kind of ridicules how you two (Paradi$e and Omicron) bicker back and forth with each other, when both of you could simple walk away or use the ignore command.
      I've said as much.

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
      Just don't leave quakeone.com Baker we all love you
      I'm not going anywhere. But this isn't the first time I've been singled out in a post by someone to clean up some idiotic forum mess.

I think it's been done in the last 3 months by Joao, Quadraptor and FOQ. [I might be wrong.]

I have no desire to do any babysitting, but the fact I do a lot of posts seems to somehow designate me to clean up this shit. Well, fuck that!

The idea of this forum was that it could be a place with no favoritism, no admin abuse and everyone be equals. I'm sick of getting posts and sometimes private messages from people who want me to ban someone (100% of the time I said NO).

It takes 2 people acting like morons to have a retarded argument. If an argument is stupid, just walk away from it. Plain and simple.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Baker is the man,all you fewls bow down
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

pfffffft.. it's NOT an ugly color. I like Green!! personally I can see that purple/pink color that Dopa/Fub use. Sorry.. I don't play CA anymore just thought I would jump in and be a P.I.T.A. I know some have a hard time seeing it which is why I stuck to it.;Þ

Ugly color indeed!

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Why does the green team in CA annoy people?

Is green difficult to see for some people? Maybe in wqpro?

Just wondering.

/If this is the case, this would be something good to change in the mod. I hate it when players use green or brown as colors. For a very small number of maps, white is actually very hard to see.
          www.Net-Tyme.com
          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

On topic though, CA needs to be color specific and if you are penalized within the mod for shooting your own teammate then the colors need to be colors that can be clearly visible between the colors. I never noticed that Yellow looks anything like Green though? If this is the issue then yes Green as a last resort. If the issue is that it is hard to be seen then no, leave it alone as I see it being your client and the pace of the game that would make it harder to see? In other words if it is only so that your opposition can see you better then no. Changing a color for "some" people is like telling them they can only use a certain graphics card. Just my opinion and I know.. I DON'T PLAY IT ANYMORE SO SHUTUP.. Beat ya.
            www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

well you can eliminate the green team using 'maxteams' command for admins,
              or
              Code:
              skill 3 //<-- number of teams
              maxteams //<-- commit the value to maxteams
              in ca.cfg

I've already limited the teams by forcing ballanced teams using setcclock as well.

So if its a 3 v 4 v 1, a new player cant create team#4(green), but is forced on the 3rd team.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by lennox View Post
                Why do you even care, and why are you even posting in a thread about a mod you dont play? Not to be a dick, just curious, makes absolutely no sense.
                My post was less of a flame and more of saying exactly what lennox said by voicing the opinions of those in IRC. I hate it when runequakers decide that they are going to request a change around to mods they don't even play, it's ridiculous.

Comment

On the topic at hand atleast, I for one have a hell of a time distinguishing yellow from green, which is the main reason I dislike green being the 4th team color.

Comment

What client are you using though? Does that matter?

Originally posted by lennox View Post
                    On the topic at hand atleast, I for one have a hell of a time distinguishing yellow from green, which is the main reason I dislike green being the 4th team color.
                    www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Baker I have personally never asked you to censor shit. I am against censorship.

Comment

that *** doug uses green all the time..
                        fuck doug.

Comment

for the sake of humor:

Originally posted by Paradi$e
                          And whoever puts me on ignore is a moron, because my posts, whether you think of them as flame or not, are creative, original and funny.
                          I didn't know I was missing out on J.D. Sallinger himself on here.

Comment

I do not get it, you removed your sig now you put it up again, and you continue flame again? God really hates you, but I did my part, I will let Him and the Admins deal with you.

Comment

Please, for fuck's sake, don't turn this topic into another flame war.

-----

I personally don't have a problem distinguishing yellow from green, but I can understand how it's a problem for other players. We should look into alternatives - I'd most likely suggest color 11 (which is like green but more of a teal color), which might look different enough than color 3 (the current green).

But that's my opinion. We could look into other options that could work. Hell, even the white idea might work really well if we substituted observers/dead players with another color like brown.

Comment

So, Baker is not an admin anymore? I'm like... WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X