Whats the nehara project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the nehara project

I want to know what the nehara project is because I heard of it. Is it something I have to buy like scourage of armagon which I hav coming in or is it a free mod because I plan on getting the offical mission packs for quake 1 and 2 but I heard of a fan mod that was a nehara mission pack so I was wandering what nehara project is because I am dying to play some quake but I am waiting for the new keyboard to come in becaue my other one is dead.

Nehahra is an older, very amazing mod. It is free!

http://nehahra.planetquake.gamespy.com/xstory.html
    http://nehahra.planetquake.gamespy.com/xscreens.html

http://www.quaddicted.com/filebase/nehahra.zip is a package containing all the files you need. Use the glquake.exe to run (maybe rename it so it does not overwrite an existing glquake.exe. It is aguirRe's nehahra glquake.

Oh and there are many more great "fan mods" (not to mention all the maps)!
    http://www.quakeone.com/travail/ and http://www.quaddicted.com/zer.html might be a good start.
    Last edited by Spirit; 04-26-2008, 02:20 PM. Reason: more
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Ok thanks because my new keyboards coming in then I gotta fix my video card issues so then I can use Gl quake though no I have no quake if I had a keyboard it would be Winquake.

Comment

Nehahra is something everyone should play at least one. I really enjoyed it. I kinda of recommend using JoeQuake for the "movie" part so you can fast forward and rewind if you miss something or to skip something that is draggin on.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Doesnt qrack have this feature? Thats odd.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Only Darkplaces and aguirRe's engines fully support Nehahra iirc, I am not sure about the movie.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by fully, but joequake can run nehahra if you use both the -nehahra and -game nehahra switches.

Comment

You are right, the Nehahra site even lists Joequake as supported engine.

Comment

No Joequake does not support nehahra fully.

You'll get a lot of "packet overflow" errormessages in the last level, then it crashes.
                  I tried it with qrack, the packet overflow seems to be fixed, but the last trigger does not trigger.

Comment

I ran Nehahra with JoeQuake but I had problems with one level in the middle a bit and had to use DarkPlaces.

I think I got some packet overflow on the last map with JoeQuake, but it didn't crash.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

AguiRe's enhanced nehahra engine is still the best bet to play Nehahra. With everything aside, one thing that every other engine claiming to support nehahra misses is the music support.

Comment

I am playing nehahra and its very stuttery making it unplayable and I cant play it on proquake. watching the movies was impossible.

Comment

I know, it's an old thread, but:
                          Originally posted by Dooomer View Post
                          AguiRe's enhanced nehahra engine is still the best bet to play Nehahra. With everything aside, one thing that every other engine claiming to support nehahra misses is the music support.
                          I'm on linux and AguiRe's engine is not an option for me, so I use DP. Is it true that DP doesn't support music in Nehahra? After all I think that LH was very involved in Nehahra too so I thought the music should play, but it seems not to Is there really no way how to get music in Nehahra with DP? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by MaraST78 View Post
                            I know, it's an old thread, but:

I'm on linux and AguiRe's engine is not an option for me, so I use DP. Is it true that DP doesn't support music in Nehahra? After all I think that LH was very involved in Nehahra too so I thought the music should play, but it seems not to Is there really no way how to get music in Nehahra with DP? Thx.
                            Can vouch too much for Linux but what I do know is this ... use a DarkPlaces from the archive closer to the era of Nehahra.

For example, try using a 2004 or 2005 build of DarkPlaces when DarkPlaces had a stronger testing commitment for the mods it supported.

As LH develops on Linux, I think the odds are good you will have success with an older DarkPlaces.

Comment

Working...
                            X