QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

my sens is 3.85 with -noforcemparms and -dinput
      Windows mouse setting is default install value for my Logitec MouseWare on win XP at 100hz poll rate.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

45 for me.

Comment

Do you use -dinput? Just wondering. I do :d

I've heard the sensitivity settings are radically different. Before I switched to dinput, I was using 20 or 30.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

There's mine:

Comment

Heres the new one I just got today by mail--my old optical mouse busted. So I was using one with a ball for a few weeks. Yeah I know it looks gay, they didn't let us pick the design.

Comment

Dude, do you like soccer?
                e|------------------------0---------------
                B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                A|---------------0------------------------
                E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah I do but I'm not that crazy about it. Like I said, I didn't have a choice of what design I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                    Yeah I do but I'm not that crazy about it. Like I said, I didn't have a choice of what design I wanted.
                    The first professional soccer game played in the United States lasted 3 hours and ended in a 0-0 tie. This observation also just about sums up my interest in watching soccer games.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Watching soccer is really boring. Its much more fun playing it.

Comment

sensitivity: 1
                        m_yaw: 0.23
                        m_pitch: -0.28
                        m_filter: 0

This lets me turn 180 quickly and circle-strafing is accurate.
                        To regulate turning and circle-strafing, change the m_yaw value.

I read somewhere in a long discussion thread (quakeworld.nu?) that there was some reason for setting sensitivity to 1 and using m_yaw and m_pitch to regulate mouse behaviour. I have used that since. No idea if it holds any water.

I use the default X.org mouse acceleration (under Linux, you have mouse acceleration on by default!), which is _very_ slight. Mouse acceleration makes you turn further (faster), but is almost unnoticeable in smaller movements (aiming). I find this comfortable.
                        To disable mouse acceleration in linux, use the xset command:

xset m 1 1 (mouse moves 1 times as fast after 1 pixels = no accel)
                        xset m 2 50 (mouse moves 2 times as fast after 50 pixels)
                        xset m (back to default = slight accel)

man xset (xset documentation)

I used to have the xset command in my quake start script, which I will also post for the benefit of linux quake newbies.

#! /bin/bash <-- this marks it as a shell script
                        # xset m 1 1
                        /home/user/joequake/joequake.x11 -width 320 -height 200 -mem 32 -22khz

It's a simple text file named quake. The # are comments.
                        You gotta make that executable:

chmod +x quake

and run it with

./quake

sorry for the OT. I thought it might benefit someone.

gb
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                          Watching soccer is really boring. Its much more fun playing it.
                          I couldn't agree more. I love playing, but hate watching.

Oh and my mouse sensitivity is 37. For a while I was +1 daily, but once I reached 35 I started getting lazy about increasing it. I can't tell you how much my gameplay has improved, using increased sensitivity!

Ah, I remember the good ol' days when I thought sensitivity 13 was insanely fast.

Your pal,
                          Cory
                          cool.

Comment

Like someone said sensitivity is diffrent depending. I use sensitivity 3 and wouldnt go any higher. Its not really important to be able to turn around quickly whats important is that you know when to turn around before you have to do it.

Comment

The last post on this thread was dated: 04-11-2006, 06:40 PM

lol?

Did you not notice that no ones typed on this thread for 2 years yet you felt it wasnt too late to add your 2 cents?

Comment

I think Baker knew that it depended on mouse/system, thus why he said YOUR QUAKE MOUSE in the vote

Anyways, I use 6 now, used 23 for the longest time. (Different setups)
                                uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                                X