X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitivity Setting

What sensitivity setting do you use?

--
    I use 42 and have sometimes been accused of cheating because I can turn so fast. It is very good for rocket arena and FFA in my opinion, but the downside is that shaft aim is not quite as good.
    1 to 3
    20.59%
    4 to 6
    17.65%
    7 to 15
    29.41%
    16 to 30
    17.65%
    30 or higher
    14.71%
    Keyboarder
    0.00%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

My sensitivity level is 2

I sometimes set it to three but thats to fast for me, 3.5 is the highest i'll go on sensitivity.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

There is no number that is best. Sensitivity settings depend on computers and different mice. And so they vary.

The best one is the one you feel most comfortable with. In general you should be able to do a 180 degree rotation with a flick of the wrist. If you are able to do that, then your sensitivity is set right.

Comment

Paradi$e is right, I believe that was taken directally from the Thresh Quake guide or probly another version of it by someone else.

Theres so many different combinations of sensitivity though, not just the 'sensitivity' that is being stated here.

If you wanted to go alittle further you could change your m_yaw & m_pitch settings for fine tuning, personally i keep my sensitivity real low and just buy a good mouse dew to the mouse 'data grid' being kind of stretched out in Quake once you crank up your sensitivity, which in return makes your mouse movement feel "blockly" im motion.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Mine is 12, because THRESH uses it. It works fine for me, I can turn around with a flick o' the wrist. And yeah, people accuse me of botting because I turn so fast and nail them with a direct hit. (especially during hook battles)

Comment

I used Sensitivity 10 always and just get used to what the mouse is like. I don't like moving the mouse around much so I like high sensitivity

Comment

As Tia stated sensitiviy is highly variable depending on your mouse resolution and sampling rate. Here's my mouse setup, for logitech mx 310 (some qrack specific commands):

sensitivity 7
              -dinput (command line)
              -refreshrate 100 (command line) + v_vidsync 100 + cl_maxfps 100...so it all syncs up
              -mouserate 200, as its an even multiple of 100 (for logitech plug in your usb to ps2 adaptor and this option magically shows up in the mouse control panel)
              -mouse acceleration off for games (also in the mouse control panel)
              uakene.com

Comment

I used 80 (dos quake) for my sensitivity setting my first two years, that equals a 15-20 in gl/winqake, then I switched to my modified "instant-180 turn" bind and couldn't function without it. Stick with a high mouse setting and don't rely on a quick turn bind..
                Chuck

Comment

7 here. I've tried 8 but it's a bit too fast for me.

Comment

8 on a ball-and-track Compaq mouse via PS/2 port.
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I use 20.

Comment

i use sensitivity 1.8!!

b/c im cool :p
                        This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
                        Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

20 on optical

Comment

i use sensitivity 1.8!!

b/c im cool :p
                            He has one of those awesome $80 mice that have all these weird features to adjust sensitivity. I wish I had one...

Comment

I have a logitech mx518 running at 1600dpi its sexy
                              This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
                              Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X