Plugin for Quake Support to mirc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin for Quake Support to mirc

ive made this small script for mirc which enables you to click server links from hdzbot or others and launch quake to auto join that server.

any questions ask here or on irc.

download it put it in your mirc dir
    type /load -rs QuakeServerJoiner.txt
    it will ask for exe and command line

Neil
    Code:
    ; Quake Auto Server Joiner(Stupid name) 
    ; By: Neil 
    ; Version: 1.0
    ; For useage with hdzbot, turning server.name.bleh:port into a clickable link for auto join
    ;     tested with qrack and glpro399
    ;     Just made this for fun and cuz its annoying always having to launch quake outside of mirc
    ;     were all lazy?
    Attached Files

Very cool.

When things get back to "normal" here, we need to have a little section so people can easily get things like this.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

We have an irc channel?

Comment

irc.gamesurge.net #quake1

Comment

I'm probably the only person who ever wanted this, but I always thought it would be nice if you could emulate a quake client with mIRC ports, just to chat with people without actually running quake and playing (no gfx, obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by gulliver-trans View Post
            I'm probably the only person who ever wanted this, but I always thought it would be nice if you could emulate a quake client with mIRC ports, just to chat with people without actually running quake and playing (no gfx, obviously).
            it was done along time ago, but i lost the code that did it, your could ask Avalanche from HDz how HDzbot works im not sure it it uses external programs to get the stats or not, but if you know any mirc scripting look into UDP sockets for mirc, quake uses them to establish connections, it also uses some weird ass 5y system before the msg to be sent to the server, i can try to help u with it if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
              it was done along time ago, but i lost the code that did it, your could ask Avalanche from HDz how HDzbot works im not sure it it uses external programs to get the stats or not...
              I think I may have done little research on that once, and maybe it uses qstat?

Originally posted by Neil View Post
              , but if you know any mirc scripting look into UDP sockets for mirc, quake uses them to establish connections, it also uses some weird ass 5y system before the msg to be sent to the server, i can try to help u with it if you want
              Sockets -- that's the term. I actually did look into doing it myself once, but ADD got the better of me. I may give it another go now, since my brain seems to be working better these days, but I really don't have much motivation to do it at this point.

Comment

I have the basic code to plug irc into quake..it would only take like an hour to plug into modern quake...but who really cares
                Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

your mom expressed her concern,
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                  X