Bots and mods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots and mods....

Ok....so feel free to laugh at me....I quit World of Warcraft....now I find myself racked with free time and not much to do outside work. I used to play Q3A a lot and BFP and all those nifty mods back in the day. A long time ago, my friends and I would LAN The Quake Star-Trek project or borg bot (yeah we were nerds.). So here's my question; we used to toy around with trying to combine the mod and the bot code. Being that we were really young, rockin p133's, and school and after school stuff on top of that...we didn't have the time to invest in getting it to work.

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction as far as combining/adding bots into mods. Specifically, the star trek mod and borg bot. I've looked around and found some nice new engines to play with and I would really like to try and start getting a server up and running to play with friends and anyone else interested. I just need to know where to start learning. I've browsed around forums on a few quake sites and haven't found anything outside doing this with reaper bot and RA....and even in those forums it looks like it was just added to the code. Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone could shed some light on a few other topics; a few years back I thought I remembered reading something about a program that could convert either q1 to q2 mods, or q2 to q3? Anyone here of this? Relatedly, is there a way to port q1 bots to q2? This might sound just as retarded as my first request, but the q1 star trek project actually was redone for q2, and ideally, I would like to take the q1 borg bot, and put it into the q2 mod.

So that's it....any help is appreciated...and flames are welcome...I know how it works :-p

Nice I quit WoW too. I also find myself with nothing to do. piece of shit game ruins lives

Comment

did you check out inside3d.com? that can help...i think

Comment

Thanks metch. Starting to get on my way now. Anyone know of a good decompiler? I'm gonna try plunging into progs.dat now. I've got a good grasp on how the dir structure works, cfg files, binds/impulses, as well as compiling/decompiling paks. Now I'm trying to get into the .mdl .dat files a little better and work with them.

*edit* scratch the mdl files. Model files, right? I don't need to edit any of those atm.

Comment

Working...
        X