Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Quake player model do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Quake player model do you want?

As the topic reads

I struck a deal with Solecord not too long ago to make a new player model for Qauke. I'm nearly finished doing the dog model for Mother, so it's time to start thinking about this. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for:

- poly count
    - texture size
    - skin ideas
    - animations
    etc, etc

Also, I think it would be best just todo the basic texture map, because normal mapping takes a lot of time and my PC isnt exactly up to it. Let me know what you guys want!

how bout one that's mostly original. like a slightly different style than the original
    quake player by ~yonaz on deviantART
    eh?

Comment

I'd prefer one that looks nothing like the original Quake guy at all but looks like he could exist in a Quake-like universe.

In my humble opinion, I believe there have been too many faithful remakes and not enough imagination. People like engines like Qrack and DarkPlaces and, say, Rygel's texture pack not because they look like original Quake but because they don't!

Just one opinion. I think diversity is a lot more interesting than sameness.

Animations: hmmm. The usual plus a duck animation would be nice. Maybe a sitting one so he could be put in a chair reading the Quake guy manual (or for use in a vehicle someday somehow)
      Last edited by Baker; 03-01-2009, 09:53 PM.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Like Baker said, "more diversity."

I'd like to see Ragdoll physics

Maybe a more futuristic looking Quake guy but still annoyingly gritty and obvious use of steroids.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I agree with Baker. Imagine another standard male model. Maybe a set without the weapons, for vwep support later on. Both md3 and an MDL format if possible. Or something that looks like a robot
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ok, so like this:

- needs to be original and diverse
            - needs to be both md3 and .mdl
            - needs to have an additional "duck", "read" and "poop" animations (strike the last one)
            - needs to have inverse-kinetmatic based rag doll animations

yeah, shouldnt be too hard. I'm gonna get sketching on some ideas soon.

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
              how bout one that's mostly original. like a slightly different style than the original
              quake player by ~yonaz on deviantART
              eh?
              ^^^^
              even i didn't understand that

I'd prefer one that looks nothing like the original Quake guy at all but looks like he could exist in a Quake-like universe.
              ^^^^
              Baker says it better, that's what i mostly meant to to type(i think)

quake again... by ~yonaz on deviantART
              ^^^^
              i meant to link to this image
              ----------------------------------------ME
              //hopes he didn't fuck this post up aswell

Comment

female

(haw haw)

Comment

megazord, or robot

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
                    megazord, or robot

Comment

that looks cool. I've been gathering a lot of inspirational sources for the model.

Comment

Sweet, dont make a robot, we need a new humanoid male 1st.One that can become a standard. Then if you wanted you could make an army of robots

Comment

I have a really well done chick mod. She looks fantastic but the accompaning sounds are some of the most annoying I have ever heard. I had to stop using the skin because I couldn't stand to hear the sounds of her screaming and grunting. I am glad the creator (forgot who sorry) thought to change the sounds so the female skin was more realistic, but I just wish that hadn't used such an annoying voice to do it.

So, my vote goes for a chick skin that doesn't make me want to jab white-hot pokers into my ears.

Comment

wth kind of v_shot texture is that?

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Naturally, beercan quake man!

That blows apparts like a tin can.... hahaha.

What more could you ask for other than the golden bubbly brew leaking from his broken can body, that you can lap off the floors... purr.

Comment

Working...
                              X