Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Quake player model do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cherry: I do the modeling, texturing and animation, but sound is not really my field of expertise. Maybe you could do the sound .

Comment

We need new player models that have big sticks that come out of all directions of the player.

Or make giant kittens. That'd be bad ass
      PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

Comment

Originally posted by zylyx View Post
        @Cherry: I do the modeling, texturing and animation, but sound is not really my field of expertise. Maybe you could do the sound .
        I have a set of high quality female player sounds that were made in the 1990s somehow altering the originals. Of the however many players sounds (30?), about 27-28 of them are dead-on good.

I'll locate them.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Homebrew level of today is 10x of 1996. This can go for gfx or sound.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

To offer the same functionality as many modern games it might be nice to have an in-built facility to select a number of different player models. Some years ago the multiskin mod went some way to achieving this using skins rathr than models and allowed you to switch through different skins, such as a Storm Trouper, Duke Nukem Guy, Hulk, Predator, Superman, Captain Picard, etc, within Quake using a simple impulse. One can occassionally see examples of these in action on one of Polarites server. Rook did a similar thing with teamskins within QRack which also worked well.

Now if your modelling skills could be used to produce an up to date "model pack" that could added to or changed, by dropping model files in to a directory in a similar way to UT, to suit ones own preference and Rook\Baker would agree to use their coding skills to include the functionality within their clients it would certainly add a fresh dimension to the game.

Just my two cents worth

Kind regards

Monty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Interesting idea. It sounds pretty cool. I'll do the main player model first though, and then we can take it from there.

Comment

In which case to satisfy the purists you can't stray too far from the path of the basic quake marine model so something like this might be a good place to start...
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                X