Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Quake player model do you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    In which case to satisfy the purists you can't stray too far from the path of the basic quake marine model so something like this might be a good place to start...

Leave a comment:

• zylyx
    replied
    Interesting idea. It sounds pretty cool. I'll do the main player model first though, and then we can take it from there.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    To offer the same functionality as many modern games it might be nice to have an in-built facility to select a number of different player models. Some years ago the multiskin mod went some way to achieving this using skins rathr than models and allowed you to switch through different skins, such as a Storm Trouper, Duke Nukem Guy, Hulk, Predator, Superman, Captain Picard, etc, within Quake using a simple impulse. One can occassionally see examples of these in action on one of Polarites server. Rook did a similar thing with teamskins within QRack which also worked well.

Now if your modelling skills could be used to produce an up to date "model pack" that could added to or changed, by dropping model files in to a directory in a similar way to UT, to suit ones own preference and Rook\Baker would agree to use their coding skills to include the functionality within their clients it would certainly add a fresh dimension to the game.

Just my two cents worth

Kind regards

Monty

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Homebrew level of today is 10x of 1996. This can go for gfx or sound.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by zylyx View Post
    @Cherry: I do the modeling, texturing and animation, but sound is not really my field of expertise. Maybe you could do the sound .
    I have a set of high quality female player sounds that were made in the 1990s somehow altering the originals. Of the however many players sounds (30?), about 27-28 of them are dead-on good.

I'll locate them.

Leave a comment:

• Panix
    replied
    We need new player models that have big sticks that come out of all directions of the player.

Or make giant kittens. That'd be bad ass

Leave a comment:

• zylyx
    replied
    @Cherry: I do the modeling, texturing and animation, but sound is not really my field of expertise. Maybe you could do the sound .

Leave a comment:

• Lerster
    replied
    Naturally, beercan quake man!

That blows apparts like a tin can.... hahaha.

What more could you ask for other than the golden bubbly brew leaking from his broken can body, that you can lap off the floors... purr.

Leave a comment:

• Trickle
    replied
    wth kind of v_shot texture is that?

Leave a comment:

• Cherrie
    replied
    I have a really well done chick mod. She looks fantastic but the accompaning sounds are some of the most annoying I have ever heard. I had to stop using the skin because I couldn't stand to hear the sounds of her screaming and grunting. I am glad the creator (forgot who sorry) thought to change the sounds so the female skin was more realistic, but I just wish that hadn't used such an annoying voice to do it.

So, my vote goes for a chick skin that doesn't make me want to jab white-hot pokers into my ears.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Sweet, dont make a robot, we need a new humanoid male 1st.One that can become a standard. Then if you wanted you could make an army of robots

Leave a comment:

• zylyx
    replied
    that looks cool. I've been gathering a lot of inspirational sources for the model.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Originally posted by powerzord View Post
    megazord, or robot

Leave a comment:

• powerzord
    replied
    megazord, or robot

Leave a comment:

• gulliver-trans
    replied