Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember, Remember the 5th of November ...

I ended up getting very caught up in a modding idea accidentally and I intend to release something very unexpected on November 5th. I'm dead set on this.

Finally having the ability to engine mod, lightly map and my recent discovery that I understand QuakeC very well plus a few other skills has paid off.

It won't be the shot heard around the world. But I do think it will be a significant fissure in the glass ceiling holding Quake back as it really is, and will be the kind where the crack slowly creeps and accelerates.

Ironically, to do what I need to do I have to do some engine coding and some QuakeC modification and map modification. It really leverages some past work various people have done in a lot of different areas.

More Thursday ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Well I for one am intriqued. I look forward to Thursday. You're not going to do us brits a favour celebrate the anniversary of the original event by finishing the job Guy Fawks started are you?

Waiting with baited breath

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

*Cheers*
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

You have me curious.

Comment

Gunpowder, treason and plot.
          I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
          Should ever be forgot...
          Gentoo Linux

Comment

Thats quite a hook.
            And I've got the feeling you can back it.
            Watching and waiting.
            Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

That warmth on my seat must be shit.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

A Quake engine which features new skins/models and accomodates FPS better than Qrack would certainly be welcome. There are so many things to list which would help Quake right now it's unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                  A Quake engine which features new skins/models and accomodates FPS better than Qrack would certainly be welcome. There are so many things to list which would help Quake right now it's unbelievable.
                  Then post them here! What're you waiting for?
                  Gentoo Linux

Comment

Its my day off, I slept in hoping the post would be here when I woke up.
                    Cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
                      Its my day off, I slept in hoping the post would be here when I woke up.
                      Cant wait!
                      Couple of hours more ...
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

BWAAAARRRGH. lol ok : ) thx for the eta!

Comment

Anxiously counting down the last half hour...

Comment

Originally posted by oldendirt View Post
                            Anxiously counting down the last half hour...
                            I'm uploading a video and it says 30 minutes remaining and then you have to give YouTube a little bit of time

Comment

drum roll...

Comment

Working...
                              X