No announcement yet.

FvF and Rquake Co-op are shutting down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FvF and Rquake Co-op are shutting down.

As all of you are aware, we are in rough times. Money is tight, and we gotta do all we can to save money. And as of late, I simply can't keep hosting FvF and Rquake coop any longer due to high electricity and internet bills, so I have decided after much thought, to stop hosting them.

This doesn't mean I am leaving the Quake community in any way, it simply means I will no longer be able to host the servers. However I will leave them on for another week, but they will be off by the 6th.

I've been hosting these servers for a good 5 years now, and we all knew it was going to happen eventually. Hopefully someone else will volunteer to host them. Until then, enjoy them for one more week. I know they are currently offline now, and will get them back up as soon as I can.

FVF would live on elsewhere, if Gunter open sourced it or made the compiled files freely available.

Comment

Thanks for hosting it all this time.

Hopefully in the time the Universal Server project will make it less of an issue having a dedicated server for RQuake.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yea ORL thanks for hosting the last 5 years.
        My servers for the gamers:
        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
        Offline ATM
        fvf.servequake.com
        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
        Offline ATM
        newdm.servequake.com
        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a job for me!

I am already hosting an Rquake server at hub.quakeone.com:26003. I will have a talk with Gunter about hosting FvF as well.

-ed: I have sent a PM to Gunter on the fvf forums regarding my hosting FvF. I await his reply...
          Last edited by foq; 01-30-2010, 07:31 PM.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for hosting the servers for such a long time, we appreciate it!

Comment

I used to love FvF.

Like every other game, or mod, it gets boring with time. But it was still awesome for the people I met there. All the laughs, flames and lava-push (joaonage)... hahah!
              Special thanks for Foq, C*S, Gunter, ORL, Gulliver, Axel, spooker and even Bank. You guys really provided me great times there!

And, of course, a huge thanks to ORL and Gunter for providing us all this fun for such a long time! Miss you... hahah!

Kind regards,

Joao
              Last edited by joao93; 02-01-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

jo lives!

Comment

Joao, why don't you come to FvF and hang out for a bit once someone replies to me and I get it running?

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
                    Joao, why don't you come to FvF and hang out for a bit once someone replies to me and I get it running?
                    I would love to. I've read your other post. If you really manage to host it, please let me know. I'll check this forum a bit more often from now on. Else, you can always e-mail me: [email protected]

Comment

I'm trying to get a hold of Gunter, but he hasn't been around recently. I've talked to ORL and he pointed me to Gunter's windows live address and I sent him a message... I'll just have to wait until the next time he gets online.

Comment

Gunter posted the news on FvF forums also.

Future vs Fantasy Quake • View topic - FvF server going down

My response is there.

Comment

I miss it already

The servers are coming back right? ORL you said someone else is going to run them? I'm already having Quake withdrawals

Comment

I offered to host it, but Gunter says he wants to "give it a rest" for a while. Not sure why he won't just hand the progs over to me so I can host it...

Comment

crap

what is gunter's e-mail, i want to try to talk him into it maybe, this sucks, can't let this die. i've benn playing for almost a decade on those, it's like i have to have it. good job on offering though, thats badass. oh, i just seen u r hosting RQuake on 26002 at hub.quakeone.com, thats a relief, but FvF definitely needs to come back for sure.
                              Last edited by Seeingstars; 02-06-2010, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X