"Courtesy" Frags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Courtesy" Frags

I'm not exactly sure where this expression originated from, but it sure is funny and I've heard more use of the expression lately.

A courtesy frag is when you completely out-class your opponent so you let them frag you a couple of times either so they feel better :d or so they won't leave the server

Do you give courtesy frags? And if you receive courtesy frags, does it tick you off?
    ---

Make take on this is that I hate it when someone doesn't play their best in a game and goes soft on me. I like playing Tical in RA because I know the few times I actually frag him, I "earned it". I'd rather lose 15-2 and know the 2 frags were real than lose 15-6 and have to wonder how many of them were legit.

Also: the expression can be funny .... 6 player RA game with 2 players in the 12 to 13 frags range and couple with 5-6 frags and I have only 2 frags ...

Baker: Why do I only have 2 frags?
    Yellow No. 5: Courtesy frags
    Baker: Ha ha
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I don't so much as give courtesy frags as I don't really get into the game. This happens mostly in Runequake but sometimes I'm like that in RA too. When I'm into the game and going for a win, I dislike it when someone isn't trying. Big waist of my time.

Whenever I play against Baker and Yellow, I get this wierd server/proquake lag at the worst moments. I'm still looking into it but I find it strange that it only happen when either of those two are in the game

Yeller has yet to tell me that I'm getting courtesy frags :d Probably because frags on him are so rare

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
      Yeller has yet to tell me that I'm getting courtesy frags :d Probably because frags on him are so rare
      Yellow seems to be immune to rockets. I can often trip him up by busting out the shaft, but that only works for a frag or two and then he uses tactics to keep me away --- which leads back to the "he dodges every rocket problem".

Speaking of that, I got to play Monster in RA and he was giving me more trouble than Tical. Monster, like Yellow, seems to dodge all the rockets.

Compounding the problem, Yellow is known to be a little weak with the shaft -- but Monster can outshaft me too.

From the little chance I've had to play against the Monster, he seems like he's got some VERY dangerous Quake skillz.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I played against monster once and that's when my gl was confuddled

WHAT!? you're not mentioning that I can dodge bullets !? Guess we only played a few games

Rockets aren't so much of a problem with me as opposed to the LG. People who can aim precisely with Lightning pretty much own the match

Comment

I do/have and will continue to do so. I get more game play going after you and trying to play dodge rocket inbetween. I down graded to a laptop 2 years ago and mostly play with my sound off. There are times you guys get me jumping out of my damn chair! But.. I will dodge the newer players to go after you guys if I can distinguish between the colors. Sometimes they are the same color and I pause only to find out it's one of you.. Loud "SHITS" bellow thru my house scaring whoever is sitting near me. lol One player actually got smart and changed their color on purpose to someone better. grrrrr.. But yea.. they stay.. they play and it makes it good for all. Mostly when they DON"T know your doing that. Ummmm don't get chicky.. I KNOW when you guys are doing that!
          www.Net-Tyme.com
          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I usually give Yellow 15 courtesy frags when I play him in RA.

Comment

I rarely give courtesy frags. I show no mercy. RAWR! I've beaten tical once in RA, but it was cause he pinged up to 50 and probably was going easy on me.

Comment

On occasion I will, mainly if someone is new to the game or having a hard time, I'll stop and look at them and then let them kill me with shotgun/double barrel or whatever they have.

Of course, everyone else I'll fight with everything I've got!

Comment

Im a pretty good courtesy frag

If I feel that youre not winning by a large enough margin then I will only try my best.
                  Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

sometimes if im doing exceptionaly good, and there's a player that im having fun beating, but I don't want them to leave since you KNOW that sometimes people leave the server when they don't score after a while, i'll break down and give a few "courtesy" frags as you call it. But usualy after I do that, I just end up playing worse.

Comment

Soemtimes if I'm doing really good, I start running around with the axe trying to get a few axe kills

Only time I'm ever doing really good though is probably against dud bots. Seeing as how I don't even really play online at all

Comment

I used to give courtesy frags to Joe "EFESS" in Unreal Tournament 2003 Beta when that shit first came out

And the whole thing about courtesy frags, nah f that, its like what Monster says "show no mercy" "ROAR" - I love that kid! <3
                        This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
                        Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
                          I will dodge the newer players to go after you guys if I can distinguish between the colors.
                          Yeah, that's not only nice to do the newbies, but survival too. When I see Tical and some other player in FFA, I'm gonna shoot at Tical

Comment

Someone did that once to me. Can't remember who, but if they arrived while I'm fighting someone else, they'd immediately lock onto me and try to kill me.

Whoever it was did that a lot on that game, enough to where I knew they were doing it. I should have changed my colors to throw them off.

Comment

No Mercy, No Courtesy
                              uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                              X