2011 Quake1 Multiplayer MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Quake1 Multiplayer MOD

Are there any cooking? I am direly waiting for some new FRESH concept's.

Do you have an idea or suggestion of Multiplayer Gameplay? I always enjoyed team game play,but I dont caaare.

I always liked the idea of Players VS Monsters

The monsters would get some tweaking to be just as lethal as a fully-equipped player,if not slightly more lethal considering that the players will be using many variety of projectile weapons.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I'd like to see a gamemode where some players ARE monsters. It'd be cool to run around as a shambler killing players. Maybe an Objective based gamemode where the monsters have to protect the Runes, or even Cthon/Shub.

Comment

If you've ever played the first "Perfect Dark" on the N64 (not sure if the Xbox 360 Live Arcade version has it) there was a Counter-Opertive mode. I'd love to see that in Quake however unsure as to how it could be pulled off.
      Basically the other player would randomly take over control of a enemy semi-near the player and upon death that would repeat. If all enemies were killed he would spawn as a clone of a enemy previously killed - again kinda near the player. This mode would be awesome to have - but coding wise I think it could be hard.

Comment

Yes,that is what im talking about. When you chose monster,you should be given the choice of all monster's ,then you'd choose which one you would like to be. Balancing monster strength vs player strength would be tough though. One thing comes to mind, limit monster type's.

Vore
        Ogre
        Death Knight
        Shambler
        Fiend
        Various Enforcer's. They will need beef'd stats that match player's in some fashion.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
          If you've ever played the first "Perfect Dark" on the N64 (not sure if the Xbox 360 Live Arcade version has it) there was a Counter-Opertive mode. I'd love to see that in Quake however unsure as to how it could be pulled off.
          Basically the other player would randomly take over control of a enemy semi-near the player and upon death that would repeat. If all enemies were killed he would spawn as a clone of a enemy previously killed - again kinda near the player. This mode would be awesome to have - but coding wise I think it could be hard.
          I never played it,but the concept is in the same ball park for sure

Comment

I think doing it that way (if possible) would be the best option as it would prevent the stacking of powerful monsters and also keep the map true to original design.

Comment

Supa's mod HOBH (Hunt or be Hunted) is in the works. It was released before in a very early primitive stage (3 years ago). I've been helping her test some secret special builds... and for it being in such an early, and what Supa calls "not ready" state, its awfully very polished.

The premise is a Humans vs. Fiends round-based elimination mod.

So I'm guessing sometime in 2011 a beta or alpha version of HOBH will be released... I'll start hosting it here on my local server if so. Supa is an excellent coder and HOBH had a very modernized and user-friendly feel to it.

So there's something to look forward to
              Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

Get that man a beer!!!!

Comment

Once again proving that no idea I have is original. Le sigh...

Originally posted by ooppee View Post

Comment

Gaming has been around for decades - a original idea is hard to pull off.
                    Hell get a ROM of "Jet Force Gemni" for the N64 and then go play ANY of the Halo's
                    you will see a striking similarity, basically Halo was it First Person FPS styled.
                    L4D games also took on a similar gameplay style as this online. Personally though I think this would be a hit if done in Quake as I haven't seen a mod pull this off fully and with all monsters.

Quake needs some more co-op based mods. We have TONS of Deathmatch and Single Player mods released and the ones more modern are mainly SP (usually mappacks). However with the right mod ideas we can take those SP maps and make them a VERY enjoyable co-op experience.

Comment

I started making this mod,
                      where you could stack boxes,
                      or axe them and they would degenerate,
                      and you could pick a texture of each box,
                      stacking them to make large structures, and then....
                      just said fuggit and posted the source on the net.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

^making a minecraft joke?

Comment

Not a coop mod, but I think it would be cool to finish the bomberman mod I started to work on many years ago. I always thought that would be fun playing bomberman in Quake. Any takers? I don't think I have the skill and determination to actually complete it .

Comment

Quake has and always be, the place where real men have pissing contest's. If we stumbled across a new fresh idea, and a flock of newbs showed up for the multiplayer aspect, im pretty sure it won't be from shooting monster's.

my2cents

ps : Quakes "staying power" success in my opinion, came exclusively from its online deathmatch/player vs player/teams. I might be alone,but whooping up on a real life opponent > whooping up on a AI opponet with a real life counterpart teammate.
                            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-02-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X