This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow.. these 2 actually posted pictures?

me? I'm just a guy in Canada, that bout it.
    everyone knows what I look like, so lets see some more member photos!!
    Some play to remember...
    Some play to forget.

Comment

Comment

hi, i've been around since qtest96'. I was recruited to a clan called Wasteland Warriors.I was [ww]DRGoettel. We were very good, then we started a mplayer division called 7dv, 7 Deadly Venoms . Then I was recruited by L0A, Land of Angels which I still am a member of today.
        We used to have lan parties with Clan Neptune a couple times a year. It' was a blast. Played quake for 2 days straight, lol... thank you dr. pepper

These days, I don't play as much as I used to, but I still have bda.essentrix.net that I drag friends over to and I can be found on fear.lokinetworks and quake.shmack.net sometimes. I've made a lot of good friends in quake, many which i've met in person and sometimes play in rachetball, lol... when i'm not injured
        Dolemite, Crazicracker, warthog/foxy, Striker, Fujimo, Poppycock to name a few.

Most of my time is spent with my family these days. I have an eleven year old who keeps me busy (soccer_mom) not to mention beach weather is soon upon us!

peace

Comment

Nice banner!!

BTW, I'll be fixing up the photo gallery soon so people can start adding photos to the gallery.

Comment

My name is Gibaholic (as if it wasn't obvious enough) I started my Quake career when I picked up Quake 64 (lost the poster ) and got Quake 2 for my laptop.
            I usually play QuakeWorld and Quake 3/4 for mp but every once in awhile I'll do some deathmatching in Quake 2. Never really played NetQuake though.

The type of games I like to play are mostly simple games like Doom, Duke3D, Quake series and sidescrollers like Commander Keen and Duke Nukum/Nukem. But I do play recent games such as Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Quake 4 and Day of Defeat:Source.

The type of music I like to listen to most of the time is punk, techno and some metal but I'll pretty much listen to anything except for country music.

I recently started mapping for Source games but then I uninstalled steam and I will probably start mapping for Doom 3 engine games like Quake 4 and Prey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibaholic
              My name is Gibaholic (as if it wasn't obvious enough) I started my Quake career when I picked up Quake 64 (lost the poster ) and got Quake 2 for my laptop.
              What's funny to me is that I started playing Quake on the Internet AFTER I tried Half-Life on the internet.

With Half-Life you'd have a gun that looked like if you nailed someone with it that it would make a freaking crater in the ground, and it often didn't even kill. I dug thru my CD stack for something else to play on the 'net and never looked back.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                What's funny to me is that I started playing Quake on the Internet AFTER I tried Half-Life on the internet.

With Half-Life you'd have a gun that looked like if you nailed someone with it that it would make a freaking crater in the ground, and it often didn't even kill. I dug thru my CD stack for something else to play on the 'net and never looked back.
                Yeah HL1 dm sucked, the single player was fun but the multiplayer was lacking, HL2DM is much better imo.

Comment

alright, ill play

I am Death Knight, as you can see by my name.

i started my Quake career in 1996 fragging fiends and ogres, but didnt make it to online playing 'til 1997. at that time, i was recruted to a server with no name, but the IP address of 144.92.111.117 (ill never forget those numbers). this was my first regular server, which was strictly death match, with no mods or add ins. that server is currently offline. at this time, i was known as Gonzo, because my older brother also played Quake on the same computer, and that was the name he chose for himself. he retired shortly after, and i assumed his name. it wasnt much later i made my transition to a modified server known as Snowcrest (quake.snowcrest.net), where i made many friends, and joined my first clan, Crow (whether that Crow and the currect Crow are the same is unknown to me). i left Crow a week or two later and formed my own clan, which would later be known as SaW (Soldiers at War). My name changed from Gonzo to Assassin around the end of 1997. shortly after this, Quake experienced a bit of a downtime, as Quake 2, Half Life, and the Playstation were becoming rampetly popular. so my clan and i went our seperate ways. i didnt pick Quake back up until summer of 2003, where i found my way to Trinicom (quake.trinicom.com) and assumed my universal nethandle of RaVen X. i played at Trinicom til the beginning of last summer, varying my name from RaVen X to Lord Arthas in no particular order or pattern. I put Quake on hold for a few months to play Warcraft 3, and when i finally returned, i found that Quake had experienced another small downtime, in which Trinicom became desolate. i searched around frantically for another active server, and could find only one, Shmack (quake.shmack.net). so after another name change to Death Knight, ive been frequenting Shmack until today.

thats my story. thanks to those of you who took the time to read it.

Comment

Heres some pics O' Da MonstA:

Comment

In the last pic you look like Harry Potter lol

Comment

Yo whats up this is Noiz... I started playing quake when I was young, real young! I think I was 8. I played Quake ever since it came out... It was introduced to me by one of my moms friends she worked with a school. He was a big quake fan... He gave me the game and then and there I became addicted... Im now 16 going on 17 and I have been playing for like 8 years... Im a pretty good player... I dont care if I win or loose just aslong as I have fun... I use to have alot of aliases... It all started when I was young... I couldnt think of what name to use so basically I used all I could think Of... Most people may know me by Medblood, Quazar, or Zion in the old days... Well stuff started happening in my life and I took a break from quake, but when I came back I was really rusty and I still had the name of Zion... Well I didnt want anyone to know who I was untill I got my skills back... So I got a good idea and just made my name backwards which spelt NOIZ... It worked lol No one knew who I was, except for a select few because they actually had enought brains to understand hehe! but anyways this is my new and permanent name and I am pretty happy with it... Im glad I started playing quake because there are alot of cool and nice people in the community...

Comment

MEDBLOOD!!! I REMEMBER U!!! U USED TO PLAY AT CA.MTOWN.COM!!! I went by my real name, michael then.

and yeah, everyone says i look like harry potter.

Comment

Heh... Yeah I use to play at mtown alot

Comment

Hey everyone,
                              Another cunuck here (Victoria, B.C.), been playing from the begining....played just about everywhere at sometime or another. Still play with just the stupid keyboard, I'm not sure why after all these years I haven't switched....maybe the drugs I'm not sure. Nice board guys, good on ya....Bula,Bula!
                              EzJacK or [b0t]Ez

Comment

Hi, I'm Cat, the girl everyone loves to hate. Quake has been my game of choice for about 8 years now, starting when I was 17. My younger brother taunted me into playing by saying that Quake is a man's game. I find most of the players are good both in their play and in their playing personalities. I usually play as catgirl but have been known to also play as Mysteri, Trinity and Aeon Flux.

Now, a word about this site... looks like alot of work went into it... and it looks just great... good effort guys

Comment

Working...
                                X