Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet... Nice to have some interesting new people here.

Comment

Hey there,

I'm Michael, 21 years of age. Just recently started back up playing Q1. Took about 8 years off, started in '97, came back in '06. There was always something about this game that made me keep playing, can't quite pick out what it is besides its addicting nature.

From memory, I don't remember the servers i used to play on, however quake.mint.net and quake2.mint.net were my primary CTF and DM servers from WAY back. Used to play as Napoleon when I started.. keyboard days. Learning how to play with mouse I had changed my name as well as my playing style to Electric1ty (what a lame ass name, now that I think about it). Got into IRC and it would only allow a certain amount of letters for your
      handle, so it was either electric1, or electrici. Electric1 didn't suit me, so i went with electrici. Don't ask me how to pronounce it, I never have and prolly never will, so you shouldn't worry about it

Well since I came back, I play way more often than I should; on shmack:26000. I'm very competitive at heart and play to win, but modest at the same time. Remember, no matter how good you are at something, theres always someone better; have some fun.

Now onto what everyone has been waiting for......

HARDCORE NUDITY

ok maybe not, but heres some recent pics to complete muh Q1 bio.

ok, so i dont have many pics of myself on my computer, not a big camera fan and those are atleast 2 years old, live with it. believe me i havent changed

cyas around,
      Michael
      Last edited by electrici; 03-15-2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Hiya guys. I've been playing Q1 since shortly after I graduated high school, around '98 I guess.

I first played at Quake.Intertex.net. That's where I met many of the people I still see on a regular basis.

One of those people (ToyoMr2) suggested I play RuneQuake at Quake.shmack.com. and the rest is history.

I believe I am one of the few female Quake players left, but you can never tell.

I am closely associated with ToyoMr2 for obvious reasons.

Although I have played all of the Quake releases since Q1, I never really liked any of them..

Someone was kind enough to help me post a pic of myself.

I am totally technologically-challenged.

Last edited by Cherrie; 03-21-2006, 04:38 AM.

Comment

hi there! my name is Rui ( Trinca ) i live in Portugal and have 34 years old, start playing duke dont even remenber when... and found quake in January of 1997 in a friend house! get in love for the first moment and start playing dm online in Fev. 1997 play almost every days untill 2002, in that time was a top player in Portugal... but then life start more hard, not just work!!! get maried in 2002 and had a son in 2003, and now just have time for some small dm´s from time to time... in the end of 2004 start single player again, "just played in 1997 just id1 maps" and fall in love so much that about 4 month ago learn to map and start mapping also for Quake. Nothing more to say just count with me in Quake and Quakeworld more years if i live to it!!!

a pic of me and my kid

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/PICT0018.jpg

cheers

Trinca

P.S -> sorry my English but PORTUGUESE RULEZZZZ TO MUCH

Comment

Cherrie. We NEED to 1on1.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, my first quake server was quake.zebra.net. I wonder if anyone else played on that server - it was straight DM.

Some of the others I used to play on:

quake.argon.org (RQ)
              quake.petronet.net (HH)
              quake.fundy.net (DM)
              quake.zip.net (I want to say DM)
              quake.ziptex.net (I want to say DM)
              quake.1st.net (DM)
              quake.dread.net (CTF)

Comment

I don't remember the first server I played on ever, but the first one I played on continuously was quake.echo-on.net - it was a custom pub ctf server from Canada that featured a couple of custom runes - Necromancer Rune (which is basically Vampire rune) and Ninja Rune (Rune of Cloaking and Self-destruction)

And I also frequented quake.dread.net alot

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                  Cherrie. We NEED to 1on1.
                  I can remember back during the 2003 DFG Tournament waiting around on the quake.tltq.com server for the next game to happen and while we were all waiting for the participants to show, Cherrie and I briefly 1 on 1'd.

It was bad. Very bad. Very, very BAD. Thank god the tournament players finally showed up because I wasn't prepared for how badly I was getting knocked around. She's so much faster than Toyo, heh.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

My game name is P.I.TA. most times. Sometimes Vintage or Spaz. I started gaming I guess when I worked for Bally's making Pinball and Slot machines. ;Þ Then they took over making Atari type games. btw. did you know those only cost 3 cents to make but they cost 40+ at the store.. assholes. anyway.. My son got me involved with online games with Doom. To me that was way to slow to hold my attention for very long and he came across a demo/beta version of Quake. We messed with that for awhile and got the full version when it came out. We found some servers.. lagged to death on dial up.. grrrrr. You were all bots back then! He moved onto other games and I stuck around with HellOnWheels and Linuxwiz. Yes.. I've known them that long!!! They both left quake for a term and I moved onto Runes after playing RA/CA/HH/CTF/3Wav/etc.. I checked them all out except the later mods. Once I found Runes I just loved it. Couldn't get the hang of Ihoc.. But anything is good with me now as long as I don't lose the hook.. I run my own board at Net-Tyme.com which hosts Fear,Deadzone,CTF along with a few Story writers . It wasn't originally for Quake but ended up that way which is fine. I switched to a laptop and turned my sound off.. It's just about the only way I play now. Had to put life in my game again,, oh and this chicky doesn't straff!!! I would post a pic but like Baker.. I've been that route! Won't even post it on my own board. I'm here to have fun.. Help when I can.. And hopefully bring a laugh or two. I may edit to list the servers I used to jump on. I have them in a file at home. btw.. I started gaming to teach my son Anger Management. Which worked.
                    www.Net-Tyme.com
                    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Yeah, the head administrator at very popular (and now dead) TLTQ.com named Jean-Luc did some pretty nasty stuff to Pita at TLTQ.com.

Urdead and I teamed up, with the unspoken backing of most of our community, and shamed his sorry, abusive azz out of Quake for several months.
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Monster will never be defeated by a girl. Where's TIA by the way?

Comment

My name can be seen to the left. I am 21, approaching 22 in 3 months and I have been playing Quake since 10:22am December 25th, 1996. I remember the date because I remember the grenade accelerated death I experienced the first time the console pulled back on my 486/66 dx-2 16meg ram soundblaster 16 machine revealing the player grab a grenade launcher and hurl it into a trio of zombies gibbing them to the pounding overdistortion and screams of track2.

At the time we still had Windows 3.1 so I couldnt play online, and thus made do with talking with players on irc about it and enjoying the Reaper bots on e3m7 (quad sng!). I delved into every mod I could find, even multiplayer ones which I ran in single player. I recall seeing screenshots of Team Fortress and just dropping my jaw, downloading as fast as my 14.4 allowed... and then loading ID maps and using cheats would build sentries in strategic places planning for an attack that would never come. I frequented the Single Player Level Heaven and gobbled up every single download I could, all the while refreshing QCA as often as possible, and watching everything I could find on Demoland to vicariously experience deathmatch.

When the time came, we finally got Windows95, and I tasted death from another. Oddly enough my first opponent in Quake was a girl, and she went quite easy on me (noticing that I was playing with just a keyboard). I played deathmatch for a decent while and during that time some kind player once on dm3 introduced me to keyboard and mouse. That changed my game considerably. I soon thereafter got a 28.8 and delved into the world of Team Fortress, and then MegaTF along with the occasional Threewave CTF game. However I still held a love for single player, and kept my eyes out for new maps, and also on Coffee's excellent website, the AI Cafe, home of his Tutorbots. On this website I met many great people, with whom I am still friends to this very day, and still talk with in #qc on irc.gamesurge.net such as FrikaC, Akuma, Asaki, MauveBib, and Deej.

I drifted out of playing Quake online and out of playing it altogether for a while, but I still hunger on occasion, though I fear my skills are not up to par of most players remaining, and being not the most notoriously good of sports, would not enjoy getting my ass handed to me.

I keep an eye on the community now, and do news updates for Inside3d, and keep involved in #qc and #darkplaces even though I am not a coder myself. And if you couldnt guess from that, my favorite engine is DarkPlaces and LordHavoc is a good friend of mine.

I hope to get back into playing, but only if some of you guys and gals will take it a bit easy on me, for I have softened over the years.
                          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

hmm wonder who that female was ?? I don't remember your name so I don't think it was me Although.. I would have taken it easy.. Grab me for a game or jump in Fear on a Tues or Thurs. I normally have the patience of a saint..June? what day? I try to tell new/returning to change to white or yellow so that I can see them. Helps me to avoid them while they learn their keys. No fun getting frags off a newbie.. and common courtesy allows him to have fun in the game and RETURN another day!!!! Feel free to ask your questions about binds or whatever. This bunch will gladly try to answer in the game or on the boards.

Servers I went to but not all of them. Some I deleted on the way.

// Clanring Servers

alias lpb "echo lpb;port 26000;connect lpb.ini.cmu.edu"
                            alias lpb1 "echo lpb1;port 26001;connect lpb.ini.cmu.edu"
                            alias lpb2 "echo lpb2;port 26002;connect lpb.ini.cmu.edu"
                            alias lpb3 "echo lpb3;port 26003;connect lpb.ini.cmu.edu"
                            alias netdoor "echo quake.netdoor.com;port 26020;connect quake.netdoor.com"
                            alias kitty "echo kitty1.stanford.edu;port 26666;connect kitty1.stanford.edu"
                            alias marlin2 "echo 209.48.106.165;port 26000;connect 209.48.106.165"
                            alias tool "echo quake.toolcity.net;port 26000;connect quake.toolcity.net"
                            alias marlin "echo 209.48.106.170;port 26000;connect 209.48.106.170"
                            alias petro "echo quake.petronet.net;port 2600;connect quake.petronet.net"
                            alias jester2 "echo 209.163.147.40;port 26001;connect 209.163.147.40"
                            alias jester1 "echo 209.163.147.40;port 26000;connect 209.163.147.40"
                            alias hop1 "say 209.161.42.8"
                            alias f8 "echo 207.28.217.125;port 26000;connect 207.28.217.125"
                            alias f81 "say 207.28.217.125"

// Normal Servers

alias aros "echo quake.aros.net;port 26000;connect quake.aros.net"
                            alias dz2 "echo 199.246.2.134;port 26002;connect 199.246.2.134"
                            alias dz "echo 69.12.84.50;port 26000;connect 69.12.84.50"
                            alias nakid "echo 128.163.161.105;port 26000;connect 128.163.161.105"
                            alias shmack "echo 69.12.84.53;port 26000;connect 69.12.84.53"
                            alias marlin "echo 64.7.104.131;port 26000;connect 64.7.104.131"
                            alias widow "echo 209.96.178.230;port 26000;connect 209.96.178.230"
                            alias jester2 "echo 209.163.147.40;port 26001;connect 209.163.147.40"
                            alias jester1 "echo 209.163.147.40;port 26000;connect 209.163.147.40"
                            alias berry "echo 209.100.166.214;port 26000;connect 209.100.166.214"
                            alias inter "echo quake.intertex.net;port 26000;connect quake.intertex.net"
                            alias argon "echo quake.schnoggo.com;port 26000;connect quake.schnoggo.com"
                            alias tisd "echo quake.tisd.net;port 26000;connect quake.tisd.net"
                            alias viper "echo quake.viper.net;port 26000;connect quake.viper.net"
                            alias deadzone "echo quake.essentrix.net;port 26000;connect quake.essentrix.net"
                            alias argon2 "echo Clan MoW;port 26001;connect quake.schnoggo.com"
                            alias d1 "echo D1;port 26000;connect quake.division1.net"

// Rocket Arena Servers

alias ra "echo 208.147.234.132;port 26000;connect 208.147.234.132"
                            alias ra1 "echo 207.172.7.80;port 26000;connect 207.172.7.80"
                            alias ra2 "echo arena.clan-rum.org;port 26000;connect arena.clan-rum.org"
                            alias ra3 "echo quake.apci.net;port 26002;connect quake.apci.net"
                            alias server "echo Chris.Fixy.Org;port 26002;connect chris.fixy.org"
                            alias ctf2 "echo ctf2.quake.erols.com;port 26000;connect ctf2.quake.erols.com"
                            alias thor "echo thor.watertown.k12.wi.us;port 26000;connect thor.watertown.k12.wi.us"
                            alias thor2 "echo thor.watertown.k12.wi.us;port 26001;connect thor.watertown.k12.wi.us"
                            Last edited by Net-Tyme; 03-16-2006, 07:08 PM.
                            www.Net-Tyme.com
                            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I dont recall her name either. Ive forgotten the names of most people I casually ran into in games over the years, except for a few people in the MegaTF community, namely P-13, Thumper, and Ladyhawk.

I am versed enough to be familiar with binds, but not LOC files and such... I do not know which engines are favored by the multiplayer communities either, as the only online play Ive done at all was with a few of the DarkPlaces people including LordHavoc, and thus... we played in DarkPlaces (stainmaps make any dm match ridiculous by the end). I also no longer know where to look for old mods, such as RA and whatnot. Just reading these forums I really want to play again... I miss those days. Its just recently, no idea where to find servers aside from asking a friend (once again in this case, LordHavoc) to set one up.

Yup, June. 21st, the summer solstice. 10:48pm if my mother is a reliable source on the matter, and I recall her reporting of such reliably as well.

EDIT: holy crap, thanks for the list, i will be sure to amend my autoexec with that when i get off of work tonight in an hour
                              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                                the AI Cafe, home of his Tutorbots. On this website I met many great people, with whom I am still friends to this very day, and still talk with in #qc on irc.gamesurge.net such as FrikaC, Akuma, Asaki, MauveBib, and Deej.
                                I know of all of them, but the only one I've actually exchanged posts with is MauveBib and he's a great guy.

I hope to get back into playing, but only if some of you guys and gals will take it a bit easy on me, for I have softened over the years.
                                If you avoid max.essentrix.net (and even then the trash talk isn't anywhere near as bad as a year or 2 ago), everyone is very polite.

In fact, even if you play poorly you might get accused of being a bot and have a player complain to the admin about you

Originally posted by scar3crow
                                even though I am not a coder myself.
                                I was scanning your post to see what kind of coder you were, heh. :d :d

Comment

Working...
                                X