This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John_Stryker
    Quake has been and always will be the best game. No quake II, III, IV, or even 10 will ever compare to the sheer SHOCK that we all got when there was nothing else like it and played quake for the first time. Hooked for life.
    I totally agree with you. When I first saw how everything was 3D, I was hooked! Plus the best part about the game was the SOUNDS.

I also remember most of those old servers that you posted. Those were the days. Too bad I don't remember too many old school quakers.

Welcome to the forums.:d

Comment

• I heard that a fiend jumping was a toilet slowed down or something. The sounds are good, I guess, but sound isn't what makes me want to play a game. Its graphics and gameplay. QUAKE IS AWESOME NO GAME WILL EVER DEFEAT IT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster
        I heard that a fiend jumping was a toilet slowed down or something. The sounds are good, I guess, but sound isn't what makes me want to play a game. Its graphics and gameplay. QUAKE IS AWESOME NO GAME WILL EVER DEFEAT IT!
        Yea trent does a lot of funky crap to make sounds for quake and his music. That beat you hear in the begining of "Closer" is a 10 second audio clip off a movie in the 70s sped up to 1 second go Trent!

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Stryker
          Hi all,

Been playing quake since late '96. Started playing dm online in late '96, too. I've been playing off and on since then and I can't believe it's been 10 years. I remember that Doom was the best thing out there and then all of a sudden Quake comes out. Wow. No one had ever seen anything like it before. Such great graphics and great 3d gameplay...I was hooked.
          Nice to see you here, Stryker
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• I have also heard that yu were t3h elit3, stryker d00d. WE must 1on1.

Comment

• I'd get my ass handed to me...I haven't played in about 6 months (busy with work). I actually had to remove quake from my pc since it's all I would do. Funny how my income goes up when I don't have quake installed...

This site is great. Good to see so many people still in the quake community.

Comment

• Do you have ANY free time? If not, that really sucks and you need to get a better job

Comment

• Yea trent does a lot of funky crap to make sounds for quake and his music. That beat you hear in the begining of "Closer" is a 10 second audio clip off a movie in the 70s sped up to 1 second go Trent!
                  You mean the electronic basskick which is also used as a heartbeat? I think you are speaking of the sample at the beginning of Ruiner or The Becoming. Though honestly Trent is not unique in his "funky crap", when it comes to sound, most audio editors do wonky stuff like that and combine odd things - the last thing you want is an audible source sound.... unfortunately everything relies so much on sample libraries anyways...

Quake is made a lot by its sound though, definitely, the sounds of the ogre and scrag particularly for me, and the soundtrack just amplifies that 100 fold (hence I use DPs ogg support to ALWAYS have the music playing).
                  Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

• Hello everyone my name is Tia, lets have a coke and a pizza and nice to meetcha

LOL.

Well I'm the famous Queen Quaker to grace your screen with my *bling *bling and skillz! LOL

Ok, I'm just playing around. I have been invited to join the site and since Baker is such a great fellow, I'm glad to be part of the community.

Well I don't even know where to begin. I took longer to post my reply because I wanted to first read the 17 pages of posts, so I guess I will start like everyone else.

I was introduced to Quake by someone close to me, who also wrote a guide to it. I then took on her work and improved further.

I have been playing for about 3 years now I think. I am 21 years old going to 22. As a job I am a waitress.

I am very competitive and challenging at heart, so I do bring a lot to the table and to the game. Up until recently I have been very serious about my game but lately I have been learning a new side of it -- to have fun with it, instead of concentrate on winning all the time. This changes the dynamics of play considerably.

I'm mostly good at RuneQuake with hook but I'm also a decent DM player. I'm not very good at Rocket Arena. And the first server I played at was Widomaker.

You can find me mostly playing at Shmack, under the tag Paradi$e.

Well it was nice to make your acquiantances, see ya'll later.

-Tia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paradi$e
                      Up until recently I have been very serious about my game but lately I have been learning a new side of it -- to have fun with it, instead of concentrate on winning all the time. This changes the dynamics of play considerably.
                      It does change the game doesn't it? Instead of playing to win I'll jump on the runes server and try to use only runes to get frags, or I'll hunt down the pesky campers the whole game (like catgirl, happy bunny, etc.). Try playing the game without picking up any armor, or using only Timebombs, or only using trap runes to rack up frags... or my favorite keep picking up runes till you get Pack Rat and try to see how long you survive!

Tia, fill out your profile!! And everyone else who hasn't yet, FILL IT OUT!!

Comment

• Sometimes its hard for me to have fun with the game. Especially when I'm playing against a cocky player thas like, "HAHH NOOB I BEAT U !!". In runequake I have fun though, because of the runes and stuff. sometimes I do just mess around in RQ

Comment

• Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Of course, no 1337 quaker is complete without their very own tattoo:

Comment

• or this if you prefer:

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/i...=super1337.JPG

Comment

• Well my name is Lord Ic3s. I am also known as Jeff. I have been only playing quake since late 1998. My younger sister actually got me hooked on this game, and when I'd see her loading q95.bat I would laugh at how pathetic she was for playing such a gay game. Boy was I wrong. I started mostly playing on heat.net before it became lame and I finally got smart and downloaded Gamespy. I tended to play a lot of Artifact servers and all of those misc. mods like Headhunter and the like. Then I found IHOC in 1999 and it's been my home ever since!

Comment

Working...
                                X