Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi my name is leo and im a new map designer, created 5 maps for Doom 2 and now i want to create maps for quake. I installed Windows 8 on my imac so i can make these maps because resources for map making for macs is pretty limited. I do not understand how to compile maps and ive been trying to research the topoic with poor results.

Comment

• Originally posted by naitelveni View Post
      hi my name is leo and im a new map designer, created 5 maps for Doom 2 and now i want to create maps for quake. I installed Windows 8 on my imac so i can make these maps because resources for map making for macs is pretty limited. I do not understand how to compile maps and ive been trying to research the topoic with poor results.
      hello leo

check this
      utils
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by rhizogue View Post
        I was rhiza/rogue as pesky 14-year-old IRC and observer troll. Then I became a DM2 1v1 GOD and then later briefly in clan Kapitol and a few other clans that I can't really remember.

I really miss my dear friends allen and lifer and y0rk. idiot noobs IF YUO EVER SEE THsIS PLEASE EMAILE ME

also big fan of p3rmafr0st, cK-GruN, wilder, demiurge, vise, his lil bro T1TTY W0MB4T, and fuck I can't remember anything else
        I do not remember you and I remember a ton of cK member's, Sounds like you were in the last stage of cK before they exited Quake and went on to Quake 3.

Comment

• Hello guys,I am Ijaaz.I started playing quake when I was 8 and I still play it to this day.
          BTW I am 14 now.

I am from India.
          Dude,lets party!
          Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

• I also go by Chase Martin or Chase.
            Dude,lets party!

Comment

• Happy to Quake

Hello,
              I'm old.
              I use DarkPlaces on macOS Sierra and I'm happy to play this bloody game from my youth. I'm not satisfied with modern video games, so I still play Doom and Quake 3.
              Well, that's all. Now I switch to the help section...

Comment

• (hey nahuel check your pm, in 15 seconds)
                Dude,lets party!

Comment

• Hi guys.

My name is Steve and I have been playing Quake since it was released! I can remember running Quake on a 586 in a window smaller than a modern smartphone.

Some of my favorite mapsets are, in no particular order: Honey, Zerstorer, Arcane Dimensions, Scourge of Armagon, Insomnia and Rubicon. My favorite mappers include czg, Sock and Necros.

In other news, I run a gaming channel on youtube, (And who doesn't!) which I launched a couple of months ago I have done a full playthrough of the original Quake, and of the mapset Honey, by czg. More is planned.

Please feel free to check out those playthroughs. I have done playthroughs of quite a few other games, but I have put the most time and work into my Quake playthroughs. with lots of extra screenshots and general silliness!

Please feel free to check out some of my work!

Quake Part 1 Full Playthrough

Honey Part 1 Full Playthrough

Thanks for reading this, and I am so pleased to continue to download and play such exceptional quality content for Quake. Frankly the level of creativity, design and skill that goes into many of these mapsets is as good as, if not better than what is available in many commercial games. It is massively appreciated.

Comment

• dumptruck_ds or dumptruckDS depending on platform and/or game

I'm 49 and live in Los Angeles county. I've been playing Quake since the Qtest was released and have been to Quakecon four times. (but not recently sadly) I mostly map and play SP now but for years made small DM maps. I have some fun Quake related memories videos and artwork to share. I'll try and get those posted soon.
                    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

• Old time Quaker back in the game

I began playing Quake back in 1996 until 2000 under the name of "Girlyman". I've been out of gaming for the past 17 years and now looking to recapture my youth and trying to log into multiplayer with no success.

Comment

• Hello there :-)

Hello, gals 'n guys.

I recently started to map for Q1 after i broke up with Fallout and TES modding. So i returned to my very first love of computer games. I already downloaded the SMC, Darkplaces and set up my Trenchbroom.

I don't know how long i will map or if i ever even finish one, but i wanted to say hello.

Oh and you have a great resource of mods and maps and links here. Been scrounging through this site for 4 days now.

Have fun,
                        Tkj
                        I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                        My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• Huh, I've been a member here for quite a while, yet I haven't introduced myself. It might as well be the time for that, apparently.
                          Let's start:

I'm Admer456. Just call me Admer, because that's my real name.
                          I'm a mapper, coder, texturer, sounds guy, music producer, modeller etc.
                          I mod GoldSRC games, Source games, Quake 1, DooM, and last, but not least, Far Cry 1.

Until 2015 I had no clue about Quake, and even if I did, that would be me knowing that its engine is GoldSRC's dad, and pretty much the ancestor of a lot of these FPS engines.

This year I decided to start mapping for Quake as well, and it appears that this is a very friendly community, just like any other I've come across.

I've never played Quake multiplayer, only Q1, Q2 and Q4 singleplayer (but I did play a co-op mod for Q2 with my brother). Yeah, blasting other players just isn't my type of thing, except in some games.

Hmm... what's missing?
                          Oh, right... I'm a 15-year-old male who lives in Bosnia and Herzegovina, who has just finished elementary school, and who has an imaginary furry fox girlfriend named Jody. Yeah, everyone's weird in their own way. :3 (and no, I'm not a furry, please stop with that)

Comment

• Hey there,

Started playing quake back in 1996 in high school and fell back in love with it again this year. I love the "crunchy pixel" look it has that I didn't love back then. I am trying to teach myself how to map with trenchbroom so we will see how that goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Admer456 View Post
                              and who has an imaginary furry fox girlfriend named Jody.
                              Hmm, methinks you might get along well with Talisa...
                              Originally posted by davebeats83 View Post
                              I am trying to teach myself how to map with trenchbroom so we will see how that goes!
                              You should sign up at Func_Msgboard, it's the home of Quake mappers. You could get plenty of help there.
                              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• @bfg666
                                Oh, cool. But why do you think so?

Comment

Working...
                                X