• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    millenials are fucked
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

• Tom Knight
      Charlotte, NC, USA
      Retired Master Truck Mechanic

Play style: "Run screaming like a girl axe murderer"

I've been playing Quake106 since the beginning. Single player only. I never played DM because of Win98's infamous blue-screen networking fail and because I never met anyone else around here willing to spend $1500 for a decent gaming computer. I'm retired now and have too much time on my hands so I thought I'd see if I can handle live opponents.

Still have my Doom2 collection but I'm old and my eyes can't tolerate the 320x200 graphics anymore. I tried Q4 and hated it. Without Trent Reznor's music I was just a rat in a maze. Played through it 3 times and threw it away. I just got Wolfenstein 2009 but haven't played it yet. The intro looks good but I don't much like joypads. If I decide I like Quake DM maybe I'll quit playing other games.

Comment

• Joypads? Why couldn't you play Wolfenstein with keyboard + mouse?
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• I plan to try but the learning curve looks steep. Does anyone know if it's worth the effort?

Edit: I couldn't find an active Wolfenstein community. Wiki says it has a 74% approval rating and described it as "engaging but otherwise forgettable". I'll probably play through a few times to see if I like it. I'm glad I only paid 75₵ for it.
          Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 08-05-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon Fodder View Post

Still have my Doom2 collection but I'm old and my eyes can't tolerate the 320x200 graphics anymore.
            They have this thing now called "Brutal Doom". It makes the original Dooms even more awesomer.

They also have a mod for Doom3 that lets you pretend it's Doom1. I wasn't a big fan of Doom3 and it's been sitting on the shelf unused for many years. This might be the one thing that would convince me to dust it off and load it up again.

Doom Reborn mod for Doom3

Comment

• That looks good. And the Master Levels for Doom2 has 3000+ bonus levels I haven't played yet.
              Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 08-05-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
                And the Master Levels for Doom2 has 3000+ bonus levels I haven't played yet.
                I remember way back in the day that I bought a copy of some kinda "3000 add-on levels for Duke Nukem 3D".

Just did some googling... I think I had a few different expansions for Duke3D. I had this one, Duke it Out in D.C., and it was actually a single player add-on.

Another one I know I had was the Duke!ZONE pack. I think I bought it at a Target, and I remember seeing it being sold at pretty much every PC game retailer everywhere. It was garbage though, a total rip-off. Basically they downloaded a bunch of shit from the web, stuck it on a CD, and sold it in stores. All of the levels were multiplayer levels, reeeeeally bad ones too, piss-poorly designed, and there were no single player levels at all.

I also remember seeing that Doom Master Levels pack in stores back then. I didn't buy it because it was kinda like the DukeZone pack. Although... I think the Master Levels pack might have contained a handful of official single player levels.

Comment

• Yes. It has 20 official levels signed by id software which are very good. The rest are "home-brewed". I hope id at least tested them to verify they are playable.

Actually, I've downloaded so many maps here I might not have enough time for more. I have all the func_mapjams, retro_jams, AD, Zerstorer, Quoth, and some I haven't played yet. Seems like celephais & func_msgboard produce maps faster than I can play them.
                  Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 08-06-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• This site seems to have received a wave of bots. Oh well.

Comment

• Seems to be just one particular bot. And nice to see you around.
                      I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                      My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• I'm always around. I just check thread updates via e-mail.
                        Adding up to my introduction:

I'm a high-schooler now. I might post a thread about this soon, because my high school is like no other.
                        (that explains why I haven't touched my 4Way map thread in ages)

Comment

• Interesting. When I quote their post, there's a shitload of tagging going on throughout it, WAY more than any human poster around here would ever think to use. Perhaps if someone disabled or banned certain tags, it would slightly decrease the number of junk posts. Thing is... is anyone actually flying this muthafuckin' plane full of muthafuckin' snakes anymore? Kind looks like it's on autopilot. Shit's been white as toilet paper for many months now. I've seen low budget investment banking websites with more flare and personality, lol.

PHP Code:
                          [QUOTE=UKEssayPapers;n277575][TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
                          [
                          TR]
                          [
                          TD="width: 435"]I loved the postkeep posting interesting postsI will be a regular reader...
                          [/
                          TD]
                          [/
                          TR]
                          [
                          TR]
                          [
                          TD][url=https://ukessaypapers.co.uk/]UKEssayPapers[/url][/TD]
                          [/TR]
                          [/
                          TABLE]
                          [/

Comment

• A ghost-bot Hell, that's creepy!
                            No, i don't think anybody clicks such links.
                            I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                            My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• @there's a shitload of tagging going on throughout it, WAY more than any human poster around here would ever think to use

Well, you are probably like 99.9 correct. Those tags are nothing but table row (tr) and column within that row (td). A couple of people here with projects could potentially benefit from those tags if they wanted to display their data in a columned format. I'm actually surprised we have those tags. I wonder if the code the bbcode is replacing is using the deprecated table tag or css tables.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• mango_man here from ontario canada.
                                introduced to quake in '95 at 10 years old. my ISP hosted a shareware and full version dm servers and played on a 33.6 modem pretty much lag free. some of the most memorable gaming in my life. definitely the most significant to where i am today with gaming and what i like to play nowaday. played clan arena and threewave capture the flag with the Speckled Marble Ball (SMB) Clan.

tried a few times to come back. but hoping this time i can meet some regulars and make some friends. glad to be back.

Last edited by mango_man; 12-30-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X