Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My registration appears to be 10 years behind this forum's prime? Google had brought me here after searching for my Quake 1 clan (Clan Orion). My aliases were Dimebag and Vicid.
    There were a few years of scanning servers for competition and to beat any rank of player I could find on dial up and then I decided it was time for my to leave Quake to live a life without mIRC and Quake.

Currently I play Quake Champions to learn the changes in id's different style arena shooter. There isn't a search in my attempts of playing the new Quake addition to "compete" but I have been realizing after years of spectating and experience there is a huge margin for error in a lot of people's settings and control techniques for aim and muscle coordination. If somebody is interested in sparring duels or playing you may add me by alias Impulsesev.

Good luck
    Last edited by Impulsesev; 10-11-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks!

Dutch player from Tilburg.
      Started playing Quake 1 back in 1996 and joined many LAN events and parties between 1997-2003 at Cybergate, the local internet/LAN café.

Mostly played QuakeWorld FFA, TDM and Q3A duels back then and as a member of the Q3A Instagib clan Sailor Scouts (USA).
      Nowadays active in QuakeWorld, Quake Live, Quake Champions and Day of Defeat: Source.
      No Q1 clan history. Only Quake 2 Weapons Factory: POW and Q3A Instagib clan Sailor Scouts (USA).

Comment

• For those of you who don't remember the once wee Irish Lass who signed up here ... 8 years ago... under the forum name Tuesday, I dug up my old Macintosh and found some quake stuff on the hard drive and memories came flooding back of when I was a part of this interestingly violent community for a month or so back in 2012 when I was just a kiddo. I don't really remember the reason I left or why it took me almost a decade to come back buuuuut, here I am? I remember Hypno, Cobalt, MadGypsy, and another lass I can't remember her name but she was super into CooP. Guess if any of you are still about, say hurro?

Yes, I've heard all the jokes =D I was born on a Tuesday so my parents named me Tuesday... Original, right?

Comment

• watch kissanime online and english subbed. Watch the best kiss anime from the comfort of your living room. kissanime is free and legal.

Comment

• Ummm, how many old schoolers still be here? Drama? /\/\ONSTER? MINDFIELDZ? ROOK?

Comment

• Hi!
              Player since release 96. Quake actually opened up a new, almost kinda basic, point of perspective, for me. A brutally honest game. Still.
              I played online (as 'jeda'!!) in diff eu teams, also did maps, mostly dm o sp.

Comment

• Originally posted by NO1Z View Post
                Ummm, how many old schoolers still be here? Drama? /\/\ONSTER? MINDFIELDZ? ROOK?
                I have Monster on Steam. Not sure where anybody else is at. Once in a while I would see Mindz post on the forums... but honestly the forums seem to be in a state of disrepair and pretty dead. Not sure if anything Quake 1 is even going on at all anymore.
                e|------------------------0---------------
                B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                A|---------------0------------------------
                E|----------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by foq View Post

I have Monster on Steam. Not sure where anybody else is at. Once in a while I would see Mindz post on the forums... but honestly the forums seem to be in a state of disrepair and pretty dead. Not sure if anything Quake 1 is even going on at all anymore.
                  You can occassionally catch a game over at quake.shmack.net with some of the regulars (e.g. EZJack, OG, Killa, etc) but I'm sad to say foq is pretty much on the money regarding the community here at QuakeOne.com which is a pity as it could still be improved and there are people willing to help but thats the way it goes I guess. On the plus side the single player mapping community has consistently been a hive of activity over the last few years with new maps and mods being produced with fresh ideas and interesting gameplay so well done to people like sock, fifth element, jcr, greenwood, onetruepurple, ionos, trinca and many others for being key parts of this resurgence. So its not all doom and gloom .

Kind regards
                  Monty
                  Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-24-2021, 08:25 AM.
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Hey. I am Micah.
                    My entire profile is dedicated to getting CD Audio to work in dosbox.

That's all you need to know.

Comment

• Hello, any quakers from Malaysia?
                      I am CoolMaker[SN].

Comment

Working...
                      X