No announcement yet.

Illegal Download Links to be Moderated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading..and reading.. I got to some juicy parts where Spectre (HI SPECTRE HEHE!!) and Bank had some heated exchanged words , and then it got back into serious mode for a few, then I read some more..read some more..and then finally after reaching page 6 of this heated debated , I honestly got tired of reading this stuff. FYI , there was a website about , 2-3 years ago called http://www.QUADHQ.it (THIS SITE IS NO-LONGER ACTIVE,NO NEED IN EDITING MY POST BAKER.LoL , even if it was still active,it corrected its "infringements" before it closed)

anyways, they had a AWESOME 200+MB Quake download that had JoeQuake+FuhQuake (NQ/QW) pre-loaded inside this kick-ass Installer (much like Baker has made for us to use w/ various Mods/Maps/Textures)
    Well the owner the website , who was providing the download for this Installer , was contacted by (forget who) letting them know that they was distributing the registered version of Quake PAK file , and that they could not include it in the download,and it was promptly replaced with the Shareware PAK file ,and shortly after the site just disapeared and never returned , despite a quake picture saying some shit like , Coming Soon / Underconstruction. about 1 year roughly after the site had been displaying that picture , the picture THEN became cut in half or some stupid shit,and then the rest is obvious if you try opening that link heh.

How about this, anytime someone wants Quake , you just send them to Mindzykins , and I'll handle that shit ! haha.

PS : Sole/Baker/Yellow , consider running a Full-Forum search for websites that could possibly be against the newly enforced ruling about obviously,what this entire debate is over.I know for a fact I have posted some links that could be considered controversial
    PSS:Hmm
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well here's a !!HINT!! of where to get quake free.
      http://www.google.com
      ^^ try it
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
        spectre, if you're so adamant about uniting the community with illegal downloads of Quake, why not instead of wasting your time trying to convince us to allow links to these downloads you try to convince ID Software to freely release Quake? Until ID freely releases Quake I'm keeping my stance on this issue.
        i don't believe i'm "wasting my time" trying to convince you.

however, i see your point and maybe i'll consider putting a little effort in to what you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          I was reading..and reading.. I got to some juicy parts where Spectre (HI SPECTRE HEHE!!) and Bank had some heated exchanged words , and then it got back into serious mode for a few, then I read some more..read some more..and then finally after reaching page 6 of this heated debated , I honestly got tired of reading this stuff. FYI , there was a website about , 2-3 years ago called http://www.QUADHQ.it (THIS SITE IS NO-LONGER ACTIVE,NO NEED IN EDITING MY POST BAKER.LoL , even if it was still active,it corrected its "infringements" before it closed)

anyways, they had a AWESOME 200+MB Quake download that had JoeQuake+FuhQuake (NQ/QW) pre-loaded inside this kick-ass Installer (much like Baker has made for us to use w/ various Mods/Maps/Textures)
          Well the owner the website , who was providing the download for this Installer , was contacted by (forget who) letting them know that they was distributing the registered version of Quake PAK file , and that they could not include it in the download,and it was promptly replaced with the Shareware PAK file ,and shortly after the site just disapeared and never returned , despite a quake picture saying some shit like , Coming Soon / Underconstruction. about 1 year roughly after the site had been displaying that picture , the picture THEN became cut in half or some stupid shit,and then the rest is obvious if you try opening that link heh.

How about this, anytime someone wants Quake , you just send them to Mindzykins , and I'll handle that shit ! haha.

PS : Sole/Baker/Yellow , consider running a Full-Forum search for websites that could possibly be against the newly enforced ruling about obviously,what this entire debate is over.I know for a fact I have posted some links that could be considered controversial
          PSS:Hmm
          Eheh, it was the fJQuake package. It took some weeks to put together textures, models or whatever else which can be "faithfull". And to make it work with batch files. Thinking about it today it was crazy, but it was November, 17th 2003 and I was too excited to wait for an answer to the e-mail I sent to John Carmack (yes, John Carmack) asking if there was something wrong in the installer I created.
          Unexpectedly John answered my email (3 days after) giving me hints on how to modify the distribution. Shareware files MUST BE DISTRIBUTED AS IS. No chances, whichever other way is considered an infringment of the shareware laws (or whatever).
          I immediately removed the link on the page, posted in the news what happened and in a few days create a different installer which features enhancements only and a different link for shareware.
          A good solution is the one in use with nQuake, where you download the shareware as a separate package during the download and the installer unpacks this into quake folder.

Mind, take a look over here: https://web.archive.org/web/2009*/quadhq.it or over here: https://web.archive.org/web/2009*/we...li.it/quadclan.
          I just moved the site for a while to a free host, but [QUAD] Clan Headquarter (quadhq, eheh!) never closed. My fault I completely missed this post.
          Respect the law.
          Cya m8s!

Latest QView server list

Comment

Working...
          X