Original Quake Clans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Quake Clans

Anyone remember any of the big original Quake clans? Remember being in the [pok] clans (a[pok], e[pok]). Curious if any of these guys are still around.

Look at Challenge-TV to see and "relive" various clan moments ,NQ section.

Challenge-TV.com
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-01-2011, 09:13 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I had a few clans heh
      DG (Deranged Gerbals)
      -KJ- (-Kill Joy-)
      QG (Quake Gods)
      SNS (Since Ninety Six)

Good times!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I always thought it to be humorous when clans from 1996-1997 tout as being the best quake players, when in reality they were all using 33.6k modems and pentium 1 computers on winQuake with 256-degree aim. The skill level of the average player today could stomp above average players of the past.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          I always thought it to be humorous when clans from 1996-1997 tout as being the best quake players, when in reality they were all using 33.6k modems and pentium 1 computers on winQuake with 256-degree aim. The skill level of the average player today could stomp above average players of the past.
          lol very true! Could you imagine playing with a average dialup ping, and then how much of a change it was for the players who went to LAN tournaments,who was used to quaking it up on a shit narrowband connection They probably felt like they got plugged into the Quake Matrix.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

TuSa!

Comment

Sonofabitchin!!
              Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

I remember the following clans personally:
                TGM (The Green Machine, danish clan)
                NBI (stood for Niels Bohr Institute, danish)

TGM had a hand full of American clan members including myself.

Comment

not too old: WCBS, CCM, SR, XP, NB, 6FU, U4, TMNT, CB, RUNE, DOOM, D3M, IOV, XUX, NBK, N10SITY, DY, 403, EXL, KP, Bizzaro, NFA, DVS
                  Originally posted by Magnus
                  Apology accepted.

Comment

forgot to mention these : Bizarro , BOGO , CM , DOOM , D3M , xUx , and MAAS.

Also, Cos- and Cos , im presuming you registered twice?

Comment

You would be presuming incorrectly actually. CoS- is someone else. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Say what you want, but dialup gaming was more fun in some ways. Mainly, it's because it made a LAN party an actual event. With the proliferation of fast broadband, I just don't see nearly as many people doing LAN events anymore around here. I don't really feel drawn to them anymore either since it's like playing at home only with distractions, noise, the inability to do stuff you'd normally do at home, worse sound options (headphones only), and constant network & viral threats. It's a neat part of the culture that's gone.

Comment

BUDO, 2DG, TE etc.. a few that i remember from when i first started playing

Comment

I remember CROW , C4 , RuM ,ClanBerries and Wick3D
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                              I remember CROW , C4 , RuM ,ClanBerries and Wick3D
                              hey bluntz were you on heat.net and mplayer back in the day before netquake?
                              cuz i definatly remember crow from back then. and c4-gamma is a good friend of mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X