After 16 years. Im impressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 16 years. Im impressed!

I have the slightest clue how a very old friend got my cell phone number even after asking him numerous times. Basically the phone call was simple, he wanted to catch up on old times and memories. We got into some old quake talk and amazingly during our conversation he mentioned a lan he just went to in the birmingham, alabama area and claims there was 97 people in attendance just for quake. He lives just outside of birmingham in bessemer, al. Apparently there are more people then i would have ever thought to play quake these days. He said about 95% of those at the lan have never even connected to the rest of the world for multiplayer play. WHAT???? I knew about multiplayer the day my cousin installed it on my pc in 96! So in all, the bottom line is, i would love to reach out to those lan players and invite them to play online, im sure there is some very wanted talent we online do not know about.. My friend who uses the name "Mind Intruder" will advise me of the next lan and i will be attending to introduce multiplayer for those who are unaware. Even if we can gain 5 players out of 97, thats great!!! I will advise of the next lan and find out if its invite only or open to public. Im thrilled and amazed of this!

Start with your friend and that community he mentioned, maybe using Facebook or something? I like your energy but calling out for LAN lurkers on QuakeOne is a bit like looking to offer swimming lessons to sailors.

Leme know if I can help in any way though, always good to have more people in the water

Comment

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
      Start with your friend and that community he mentioned, maybe using Facebook or something? I like your energy but calling out for LAN lurkers on QuakeOne is a bit like looking to offer swimming lessons to sailors.

Leme know if I can help in any way though, always good to have more people in the water
      Not calling out for them on QuakeOne. Just letting the community know that there are more quaker's out there that have not even heard of multiplayer/online gaming for quake. I have emailed my old buddy a list of server's and this website and how to get in touch with the community of online gaming. I'm just curious to know what these guys play at lans? DM? CTF? RUNES? CA? COOP? I mean, if they haven't gotten online play, they obviously are stuck in the world of Coop. I'm sure TV (turtlevan) would love more coop players online. lol Anyway, i'm still waiting on word from mind intruder about these lans he is having and how i can get invited or atleast know about the next one so i can see about getting more to play online.

Comment

Ahh gotcha, shoulda read your post a little better Awesome to know we could be adding more madness to the killing-pits soon!! good luck!

Comment

maybe hes a weirdo

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
            maybe hes a weirdo
            Update on how he got my number.. He made a visit to a mutual friend of ours and he gave him my number.. I figured it out at 4:30am lol

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
              I have the slightest clue how a very old friend got my cell phone number even after asking him numerous times. Basically the phone call was simple, he wanted to catch up on old times and memories. We got into some old quake talk and amazingly during our conversation he mentioned a lan he just went to in the birmingham, alabama area and claims there was 97 people in attendance just for quake. He lives just outside of birmingham in bessemer, al. Apparently there are more people then i would have ever thought to play quake these days. He said about 95% of those at the lan have never even connected to the rest of the world for multiplayer play. WHAT???? I knew about multiplayer the day my cousin installed it on my pc in 96! So in all, the bottom line is, i would love to reach out to those lan players and invite them to play online, im sure there is some very wanted talent we online do not know about.. My friend who uses the name "Mind Intruder" will advise me of the next lan and i will be attending to introduce multiplayer for those who are unaware. Even if we can gain 5 players out of 97, thats great!!! I will advise of the next lan and find out if its invite only or open to public. Im thrilled and amazed of this!
              Holy Cow,im in MS. I wonder if they use NETQUAKE clients or QUAKEWORLD clients at these LAN parties.

I find it hard to believe a bunch of quake1 nerds are still LANNING so hardcore and not noticing Quakeone.com , but hey maybe its really happening.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                I find it hard to believe a bunch of quake1 nerds are still LANNING so hardcore and not noticing Quakeone.com , but hey maybe its really happening.

Yeah I'm in the same boat here. Large group of "hardcore" quake 1 lan players and they've had how many years to find QuakeOne.com?

Maybe they're super competitive and ONLY play when there is sub 20 lan ping kind of like Thresh did. That'd be awesome to see some hardcore fokers come back to the scene and give all you newbies a run for your money asking daddy to carry you through matches, which of course I would, my babies.

just sayn...
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                X