Quake1 on Android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake1 on Android?

So I'm finally taking the plunge, yep. this o'l amon's going to get a cellphone and not just any ordinary cellphone, but an Android. I found one on the cheap at walmart and being a gamedev I figured it would be handy to have for making weird homebrew stuff/learning the OS

I need quake on it, fellas. I know theres a few different builds out there but basically what I'm looking for is something that can play the singleplayer and has un-GL'ed graphics. I love dem pixels. Could someone point me in a good direction??

good luck, now days everyone wants flashy flashy,everything must go "bling bling" :F
    hell,im not innocent,I demand FPS,and lots of them.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

just something i can config gl_texturemode gl_nearest would be fine

Comment

quake1 v12-29-Support (12-29-Support) Android Apk Game - DroidXDA
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

im falling for you all over again thanks bud!

Comment

I had Quake running on my Optimus V (remember all those 5-0 matches a while back?)

The controls felt clumsy, since everything is touch screen (movement/shooting etc)
            I found it very difficult to rocketjump, nadejump or even clear the lava gap on "start map" heading towards hard difficulty. but it was still very cool to see Quake in the palm of my hand on my smartphone.

Now I only play turnbased NES & SNES RPG from my childhood on my phone. All touch screen phones is horrible for Quake. I hope you have some buttons on your device to help you out.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

allright so now ive got Quake4Droid running. from what I gather it's the darkhorse version of the engine that google doesnt want to be made available, but it runs the best on my little phone and in software mode!

All the controls work aside from being able to bind keys to weapon switching. its driving me nuts. does anyone have any info on this port that could help me out?

Comment

dehrp-nevermind i think i got it

Comment

I'm wanting to find Quake 1 for the Android that supports the Xperia Play controller buttons (it's the cellphone that's basically the Sony PSP-Go with a cellphone built in)

Comment

Android Quake Engines (that are GL):

Inside3d Forums • View topic - ..Any suggestions for a Android Quake engine?

For reference. Yes, thread itself is about software-style, still useful for reference IMHO.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      All touch screen phones is horrible for Quake.
                      I'm not 100% sure about this but I think that all touch screen phones are horrible for Quake 3 as well. I watched a youtube video where someone tried to play Quake 3 on an iphone and the person was not having a good time. I know that one youtube video doesn't provide much evidence but I think it's common sense to state that Quake 3 does not work well on touch screen phones. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to rocket-jump in Quake 3 while playing it on a touch screen phone. But still, it's good to try out some new things from time to time.
                      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                        I'm not 100% sure about this but I think that all touch screen phones are horrible for Quake 3 as well. I watched a youtube video where someone tried to play Quake 3 on an iphone and the person was not having a good time. I know that one youtube video doesn't provide much evidence but I think it's common sense to state that Quake 3 does not work well on touch screen phones. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to rocket-jump in Quake 3 while playing it on a touch screen phone. But still, it's good to try out some new things from time to time.
                        There isn't any real hope for playing multiplayer in a meaningful way against mouse using players except using a mouse.

Not phones. Not consoles. Not a laptop using a touchpad or the keyboard. Not a PSP.

Quake 3 is a multiplayer only game.

There is some small measure of hope that Q1 could be made usable for single player in such scenarios.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i have a cheapo huawei droid from metroPCS and it actually does run quake1 pretty nice. I dont use the touch screen for anything other than the menu, item switch, and look up/down. i use the d-pad ring for movement, the call button for jump, and the button in the ring for shoot.

I actually like the really limited controls, it makes the game feel very different. like playing without a mouse. no good for multiplayer, but an interesting handicap for an old pro like myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X