quake revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake revival

i notice these days people are less than thrilled that not many people bother to play quake online anymore. i think if every member can get a friend to play and like quake, we can breath some new life into the game
    Last edited by Syluxguy28O3; 04-24-2012, 10:41 AM.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

we aren't ready for such a influx of players. It would ultimately succumb to the random chance an asshole wants to ruin it for others. wait for Project 23 to drop before throwing too much effort into it, because I would hate for it to be invane.

(example, you invite player. player shows up, and just so happens across one of quakes more colorful characters like wolv or omicron. There is a real chance they won't look back once the generic quake asshole gets through with them.)
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

(example, you invite player. player shows up, and just so happens across one of quakes more colorful characters like wolv or omicron. There is a real chance they won't look back once the generic quake asshole gets through with them.)[/QUOTE]

I second this very much. Though i've never really had it out with wolv because i avoid him and a few other's as much as possible, i have had it out with Omi. Of course he is probably the worst of all the player's i have encountered since my return in october 2011. This is also partially the reason why i quit playing DM. My last DM game was a 2v2 a week ago on ZTNDM3 and i only played because [np]-poppy**** asked me to, other then that screw it until the attitude of a few certain player's turns around, which in this day and age, i doubt that will happen so CAx it is!

Comment

i agree with a more moderate aproach, and i agree with the fact that one apple can spoil the bunch, but i think its worth the risk if things get any worse than they already are.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

reasons I'm not playing online, despite being around since 2006:

1. Random asshole players and kiddies

2. Every man for himself mentality - I'd rather fill some sort of team support role where I don't need monster aim - I can't put in the time to become a proper frontline fighter so I'd prefer to repair turrets or drop health packs for others like you can in ETQW

3. Simplistic gameplay (it would be cool if you could have different roles and stuff like deployable assets)

4. Ugly graphics, cramped levels from 1997, lack of atmosphere (brown corridors)

That should about sum it up.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

If you compare todays Quake 'lack of online community' issues to the issues of the past (Trinicom CTF closes, an entire CTF community drops off the face of NetQuake / Widowmaker RQ loses their free hosting, due to being flooded/crashed by idiots constantly,another community smashed into unregainable peices!)

Todays lack of Quakers? pffft, bring that shit. If anything epic happens like Trinicom disapearing ,it won't be through word of mouth, and in all likely hood, any server that was to disapear for unknown reasons, that utilizes one of many common place domains (like bigfoot.quake1.net or any quakeone.com server addresses) are for the most part protected from this type of catastrophic failure.

This speed bump in the road hardly requires you slow down, just mash the gas pedal and enjoy the brief "bump" in the road

PLAY QUAKE!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
              reasons I'm not playing online, despite being around since 2006:

1. Random asshole players and kiddies

2. Every man for himself mentality - I'd rather fill some sort of team support role where I don't need monster aim - I can't put in the time to become a proper frontline fighter so I'd prefer to repair turrets or drop health packs for others like you can in ETQW

3. Simplistic gameplay (it would be cool if you could have different roles and stuff like deployable assets)

4. Ugly graphics, cramped levels from 1997, lack of atmosphere (brown corridors)

That should about sum it up.
              Then it wouldn't be Quake1. Thats the exact reason why I refused to play TeamFortress, I don't care if im being used as a mop for my teammates gib's by the enemy , I'm gonna atleast to try and get mine. Q1 was to me everything you apparently dislike about the game on the multiplayer side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                I don't care if im being used as a mop for my teammates gib's by the enemy , I'm gonna atleast to try and get mine. Q1 was to me everything you apparently dislike about the game on the multiplayer side of things.

"I would love for you to bring your whole crew, that's just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew a hole thru!"

Whoop! Frontline Soldiers! backdown? NEVER!!!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

dont hear much about any clans. did they dry up or something?
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

There is only 1 left Active
                    CROW
                    just barely at that. KP may be the only other if I can just piss em off out of retirement..
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

When clans became single players wearing a tag then clans died.
                      There's usually only 16 people max playing Quake online any given night.
                      It's hard to get new players since other games like QuakeLive have fixed all the problems with netQuake. After all the trouble getting the maps, engine, latency issues etc a new player connects to a server and gets owned and bitched at. It's like going to a party where everyone knows everyone else and trhe new guy doesnt speak english.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

maybe if the q1 community creates a new group of clans the action would warm up. each member who would participate would be drafted into one of a group of clans. we could build up a few good sized groups for some good in-house competition.
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                        X