quake 1 returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake 1 returns!

i heard not to long ago id games was considering revisiting the q1 universe in their next installment of quake. does anybody have any new light to shed on this topic?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

no, cuz there is no news, this was merely speculation.

it was at quakecon when ID reflected on 15years of quake they said that if they might ever make another quake game again that they would perhaps think of rebooting the series back to it roots.

they havent said anything about that they were actually going to, and there is no quake5 in the making at all.

all they said was that if they would ever make a quake game again they might return to that style instead of the strogg universe from later quake games

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...recounts-quake
    bottom part of the article
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Quake 1 returns!
      It never left

This site is an epic ongoing revisitation of Quake 1. What would ID do to Quake 1 that hasn't already been done here? I can see it now:

ID1: "Dear QuakeOne developers can we use your stuff to make a Quake1 flashback?" - and then they go mod our mods? (LOL)

The people here that make all this stuff would probably end up being the ones to build the "new" Quake 1, because the masters of the game core are all right here. Essentially, Quake 1 has already been remade 1000 times over, right here.

Also, if they were to remake Quake 1 it would have to be free (cause it already is). The only way they could get away with charging would be to write a new source for the game and the engine as well as remodel and skin everything...that would no longer be Quake 1.

Gypsy
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

an id-made Quake remake would be to Quake 1 as Doom 3 is to DOOM.

It might be a solid and shiny game (it's id after all) but to many people it would be "not Quake".

It would be very fun to watch, though - most remakes are. They have their own set of pitfalls and restrictions.

Oh, actually they would first have to nail down what Quake actually is. That can be surprisingly difficult due to how the original Quake came to be. They'd have to start by making a fantasy RPG and then toss in DOOM weapons, for example. ;-)
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

huh? quake isn't free.
          id actually caring about deathmatch would be a good plan though.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

https://www.google.com/webhp?rlz=1C1...2&bih=985&bs=1

That should feed the desire to know more on said speculation
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
              huh? quake isn't free.
              id actually caring about deathmatch would be a good plan though.
              I think he means shit tons of everything found in Q1 is already GPL'd. They would need to start from a fresh slate?
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

mindz, CAX now biatch!

Comment

I hope they don´t do it. It propably would be bigger disaster than Duke Nukem Forever. To mutch expectations and all the god ideas are already in quake I so if one would use them all it would be more like a expansionpack not a whole new game...

Comment

Originally posted by ForestMan View Post
                    I hope they don´t do it. It propably would be bigger disaster than Duke Nukem Forever. To mutch expectations and all the god ideas are already in quake I so if one would use them all it would be more like a expansionpack not a whole new game...
                    Duke Nukem Forever > Both Q1 Expansion Packs.

Clearly there is only 1 true Q1 and it was designed for multiplayer (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      Duke Nukem Forever > Both Q1 Expansion Packs.

Clearly there is only 1 true Q1 and it was designed for multiplayer (lol)
                      Yes and if duke nukem is shit and still bigger than quake expansions then another quake expansion would be shit too.

Comment

I don't see Quake1 "remake" being a flop, in any situation. I have too much faith in this game.

Comment

dnf just sucked cuz all they had when gearbox took over dnf was a bunch of halfdone maps which didnt have a fuck to do with each other and stuff.

and gearbox didnt finish the game but all they did was work out the bugs and release the half-done game

thats why DNF sucks so much. from end to start its obvious its an unpolished and only half-finished game.

gearbox shouldve taken more time looking at the game and what couldve been expanded on and couldve done better and replaced and such instead of just work out the bugs and release it
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                            dnf just sucked cuz all they had when gearbox took over dnf was a bunch of halfdone maps which didnt have a fuck to do with each other and stuff.

and gearbox didnt finish the game but all they did was work out the bugs and release the half-done game

thats why DNF sucks so much. from end to start its obvious its an unpolished and only half-finished game.

gearbox shouldve taken more time looking at the game and what couldve been expanded on and couldve done better and replaced and such instead of just work out the bugs and release it
                            I love you.

I mean, not in a gay way or anything. I just love you.

DOOM 3 is like one of my fav modern(ish) games and after hearing my dad yack about how long DNF was in the works, it wasn't even worth the $10 i spent on it.

I would pay $50 for DOOM 3, even today.

Ouch
                            God be with you Ireland...

Comment

i think if they do revisit the q1 universe in q5, it won't suck. would it not be ironic if,god forbid, quake 5 would be the game to kill quake 1?
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                              X