Life is Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is Quake

I think that Quake is everlasting. It is more than just a computer game; it is a religion, an art, and a science. Through my eyes, Quake is applied in everyday life. I think that all human beings are Quake marines (not literally, but symbolically). When human beings have to deal with a global disaster, an economic problem, etc., it means that human beings are battling the Shub. "Quake 24/7. You know what I'm sayin homie?"

Amusing, silly, illogical, immature, you may label this thread with any adjective... But I felt a desire to express my love of Quake. Quake is life.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

You probably won't take this seriously... but...

Well, IMHO you're... right. I mean, the only thing that I have to say is that humanity doesn't always work together and/or on the "good side". Think about it, if there's people on "our" side, there is also people on the "other" side.
    But, by the way,
    Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different, well who knows?
    -Meowth, Mewtwo Strikes Back

Comment

RLClown, honestly u need a girlfriend.

Quake is just a game, and the people around it are just people.
      The game is the interaction of the goals WITh the people playing.

It's not a god, its not even worth $10 on steam.
      enjoy it, do not lose your youth engrossed in it. You will rob yourself of a huge part of life.
      If you wanna faceplant something, get a girlfriend.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I thought about saying that...

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        RLClown, honestly u need a girlfriend.

Quake is just a game, and the people around it are just people.
        The game is the interaction of the goals WITh the people playing.

It's not a god, its not even worth $10 on steam.
        enjoy it, do not lose your youth engrossed in it. You will rob yourself of a huge part of life.
        If you wanna faceplant something, get a girlfriend.
        Well, actually I wanted to say that... but just not that straightforwardly

Comment

RL Clown don't forget to mention it has a very passionate community of loyal players, modders, coders, and a huge etc base.. for Quake 1 to be as old as it is; has become a cult classic for most of those who remember what it was like back in the day including different consoles besides the pc, aswell as newcomers who love or enjoy fps type games with a rustic or more modern feel so they are not limited, and really appreciate what how far this community has come with its journey. I think/know that it will continue to grow, and that everyone excluding trolls will have a huge part in that. Well the trolls do have their place which is ignore for me but they will pop up on occasion... as our evil villans, I always try to take things with humor nomatter what.. especially with trolls they remind me of kim jong il, and now his son.. very laughable and completely ignorable. You should join us in a clan arena match some day.. most played are dallas.servequake.com, cax.servequake.com, and old but true rage.quakeone.com, and sometimes you can catch people still playing on speaknow.quakeone.com, or any mod you prefer.

Comment

SRS, Quake is a way of Grapes.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

is it just me, or do i smell the stench of communism on this thread....(sniff)...(sniff)...(sssnnniiiffff)..... .nope.sorry guys, thats the dirty sock under my key board.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

am I the only one doing his best to avoid 'sock jokes' .. .? heh
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    am I the only one doing his best to avoid 'sock jokes' .. .? heh
                    hehe
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Seriously I´m the god and Quake is a lie

Comment

Quake life? Seriously bra? Get a boyfriend they are much more fun, they even play quake with you! Girlfriends just nag and complain all day, ever watch Jeff Dunham?? Walter's famous line " nag nag nag nag nag BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCHHHHH... " and so on.. Boyfriend not as in a gay boyfriend, just a roommate who enjoys quake and fps games. You can even scream INCOMING across the house. Even say LOL in the actual lettters, an walk around pretending your bunny hopping or ROCKET JUMPING, to the top of the kitchen counter, lobbing toilet paper rolls at your roomate pretending they are grenades, grunting everytime you hit him with your shaft.. Well enough with the small talk, its past my bed time.

Comment

Working...
                        X