Is there a NetQuake wiki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a NetQuake wiki?

There's a great QuakeWorld wiki that documents a lot of QW's history, in terms of teams, tournaments, and individuals. It's really quite cool to sift through, even though I didn't really play QW. It can be seen here: QuakeWorld Wiki - the open QW encyclopedia

But NetQuake is more or less ignored. A couple NQ teams/players are mentioned, usually those connected to XBN, DeathRow, or ]km[.

Is there an exclusively NetQuake version of this?

If not, someone should create one for this site, or some shit. Would be fun to edit and document the game we all wasted so much time in.

I have absolutely no idea how to get this shit started, otherwise I'd just try it out myself.

Would there be any interest in this? Or is my nostalgia getting the best of me as of late

I would help add / maintain content.

Besides, that Quake Wiki has ZERO linkbacks to Quakeone.com

also , ASCROX?
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-16-2012, 12:26 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hey is that Ascend?

I would definitely be able to contribute to a quake WIKI because I have a great ass memory and know most of the people who played this great game... It would be nice if the wiki had a demo dump too.... perhaps someone should create a wiki and then create a website to contribute old demos of good teams / good players / good matches etc.. would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by concept View Post
        Hey is that Ascend?

I would definitely be able to contribute to a quake WIKI because I have a great ass memory and know most of the people who played this great game... It would be nice if the wiki had a demo dump too.... perhaps someone should create a wiki and then create a website to contribute old demos of good teams / good players / good matches etc.. would be cool
        I was thinking more along the lines of....

---Common Quake Files and their uses category---
        OpenGL32.dll (for use with older graphics cards.99% of people do not need this!)

Qsecurity.dll (ProQuake Cheat-Free security module,needed for some servers)

---Common command line variables --

---console commands for each respective client---

A Huuuuuge fn Q&A of newb questions like

how do I get custom maps (user newer client,autodownload + instructions on getting it working for each respective client!)

how do I connect to a server

how do I get my name to look neat and colorful?

Every bit of knowledge that someone such as I or the next Quaker takes for granted like, in multiplayer , ripping out all effects of underwater to achieve a much more clean view of opponets, turning on pq_moveup 1 so that you can RJ out of water or move up faster!

Those contributions would trump any "about player X" or "old clan matches" of any calibur, we can just integrate ChallengeTV and other Demo Dump's already in existance. I wouldn't see the benifit of these types of information versus things geared torwards improving the playability or scope of how someone's quake experience plays out (like enabling higher FPS than default, and always run)
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

yo concept

and mindz, i understand that the quakeone.com still plays the game and all that, but my original idea (in the model of quakeworld.nu) is strictly for nostalgia purposes. however, that doesn't mean people couldn't edit (or create) entries for the different versions and modifications that are available. isn't the point of a wiki to just have endless information readily available?

But isn't all that information already around? I mean, one google search can lead to that sort of "technical" stuff. But if one day you're thinking about some 6fu or DY or DMOS clan match or something, there's minimal information to draw on to remember who was in 6fu (who you played with, played against, etc.) And that shit is kind of cool for those of us who were into it at the time.

I know I'm not alone in thinking about this stuff occasionally, because if you look at other popular gaming forums around (reddit, team liquid, etc), you can find lots of old school quake players talking about the "golden age" of quake, yet there is virtually no real website that documents this stuff, and that's unfortunate.

i'm not sure how many old (non scrub CA game) demos are still floating around that aren't already on challenge-tv, though.

Comment

Originally posted by asc4 View Post
            yo concept

and mindz, i understand that the quakeone.com still plays the game and all that, but my original idea (in the model of quakeworld.nu) is strictly for nostalgia purposes. however, that doesn't mean people couldn't edit (or create) entries for the different versions and modifications that are available. isn't the point of a wiki to just have endless information readily available?

But isn't all that information already around? I mean, one google search can lead to that sort of "technical" stuff. But if one day you're thinking about some 6fu or DY or DMOS clan match or something, there's minimal information to draw on to remember who was in 6fu (who you played with, played against, etc.) And that shit is kind of cool for those of us who were into it at the time.

I know I'm not alone in thinking about this stuff occasionally, because if you look at other popular gaming forums around (reddit, team liquid, etc), you can find lots of old school quake players talking about the "golden age" of quake, yet there is virtually no real website that documents this stuff, and that's unfortunate.

i'm not sure how many old (non scrub CA game) demos are still floating around that aren't already on challenge-tv, though.
            More than you can shake a stick at.....

Challenge-TV.com

I agree that, every demo located on Challenge-TV should be archived for safety purposes, because it would really be horrible if the 500+ NQ demo's availible was to be lost.

there are DY demo's and some of them very well could be CA.

Scrub is Omicron's word..................

Comment

man... there is a real absence of demos though.... there should be thousands of DM matches around. someone has got them on their pc's... my original Quake HDD died

I have minimal stuff :/

Comment

Well, since thats the avenue of information your wishing I can recommend going on a "download spree" , I've assisted you by offering a easy starting point

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...=NetQuake+demo

Methos has a lot of demo's , and the website works , and appears the demos are also hosted at the same place so, those should be working links.

Comment

Working...
                X