Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I HATE Quoth :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I HATE Quoth :(

Why does it corrupt saves in Dark Places? Both quick saves and regular?

I'm sure I only have this problem with "Quoth" mods but I dunno... is it a DP's issue?

Either way it BLOWS...
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

neva played it. Aside from your above qualms, is it a good game?
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Quoth has some good features that it adds to the "Quakeverse"!

RickyT23 uses it quite a bit for his awesome mapping skillz... that's why it's frustrating. When playing on Nightmare with ZERO ability to save, I DIE ALOT, my only resort to finish the level is GODMODE sadly. As expected, really ruins the gameplay!!!
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

You can't just use a different engine?

MH seems to have a really good engine. It goes without saying that FTE is really good. I think Qrack might be geared more towards online play but I could be wrong about that.

If nothing else, what engine was Quoth built to run in? Use that. Surely this can't be a Quoth bug. If it really is then what an epic failure on Quoth team's part. They built an epic game but you can't save? It just doesn't sound realistic. Try another engine or an earlier DP build.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

The march 4 2013 build of dark places works for me... i know a lot of quoth maps save to the same place and if you try to load a save game from a different map then the one your in i think it has issues. sorry can be too much help...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys but... I counted ELEVEN "Quake" directories on my HD!!! All with different, sometime duplicate, mods, in each... I have no clue which is what anymore. I should have put this in the "venting area" hehehe

Even though I switched to Linux almost a year ago, I don't really understand it in that geekery mastery sorta way, I just USE it.

Thanks again

Comment

better make it 12 and just start over one more time

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                The madnesssssssssssssssssss... when does it STOP JD!!!

Comment

What is your command line to run a Quoth mod with darkplaces?

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                    Sounds just like me. I cant keep track of all my folders. Haha
                    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Having 12 quake directories sounds like a recipe for failure... it should not be needed.

The Quoth authors come from the func_msgboard posse, so they probably only tested it in Fitzquake.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                      X