No announcement yet.

Quake 1 custom episodes & weapon mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unforgiven map set. Three great maps with new weapons and enemies. The first is probably the best I ever played.
    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

absolutely! and of course also do not forget 'something wicked this way comes' map-set, which also uses the drake mod and is just as brilliant, and is also made by tronyn

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/s...ng_wicked.html
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Fantastic suggestions, thanks guys! Some of these new campaigns are truly way more fun/better than Quake ever was, much like some later maps for Doom simply transcended what ID could do at the time when Doom was released. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EbonKnight View Post
          Some of these new campaigns are truly way more fun/better than Quake ever was
          Hello EbonKnight,

I think you should read this document: Tronyn-QuakeSlides.pdf. Please find it here:

You will see how things changed since the release of the most important PC game...

It is not a big suprise that newer levels are quite different to original Quake maps.
          Beside the qbsp limits of course (which has been considerably pushed by new engines) also the time and love in creating them is much better if you do not stand under extrem pressure to release a game.
          Let us not talk about the map textures here, which also changed a lot since then in many user setups.

If you are looking for new amazing map packs, I can only repeat maself and suggest to browse through Quaddicted´s archive.
          You will find ALL of them there.

Be sure to filter the archive by "Ratings" (or "user ratings") to find the better ones first.
          - pull out the telephone cable
          - tell your company you are sick
          - tell your family you have to make a business trip
          - order some pizza

Then enjoy

Best wishes,
          Seven

Comment

Little known secret how to get a better sort by ratings:
            Log out of Quaddicted
            Go to https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/index_bayes.php
            Sort by user rating

I need to figure out why it does not work when logged in some day.
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
            X