Difficulty mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty mods?

Hello everyone, I am looking for a mod for quake that will make it more challenging. I have played through the single player countless times, and have played through a lot of custom single player maps as well ( played through the undergate map collection twice on nightmare) Ive played the quoth mod, drake29011 (if that is what its called) and a couple others. But Im here to ask you for a mod that would make the game harder as in higher monster counts, 2 or 3 times the monster health, increasing their damage etc. cuz nightmare is pretty easy as of right now for MOST maps

btw sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, dont know where else I shouldve posted it

It's not TOO hard to make a mod to give the enemies 3x the health... I did this with SOE's DMSP survival mode for added enjoyment. You can also give yourself a no-save challenge; but the standard levels are pretty easy. You can try doing Warpspasm levels (or Marcher Fortress) without saving, but even knowing them takes more than a half hour to do.

Comment

seven's wonderfull SMC mod includeds a cvar to increase monster-counts, adds random monsters like afrits,
      and includes options to have fiends and scrags both teleport around which makes them much harder enemies:
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

and ezetabi made a quake-mod which adds a 5th and 5th difficulty level to the game.
      skill4 makes enemies respawn, and skill 5 makes them semi-transparent so they're a lot harder to see:
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-reprised.html

also, there's the kleshik mod which makes quake a lot harder! it implents all enemies of both mission-packs into normal quake,
      making the normal enemies randomly get replaced by harder equivalents from mission-packs, and it also adds lighting-effects and screen-effects which make the game harder,
      and it adds a random enemy encounters and sometimes randomly a baby-dragon will appear in a map which is insanely hard
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnhAgo3Y5E]Kleshik Coop mod for Quake Darkplaces 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

You could also try the plain old RQuake coop mod (you don't have to do it with friends). It has multiple custom maps, the monsters are harder to kill and have greater fire power.
        Try and type the following in to your command line connect newyork.servequake.com:26001

Hope this helps

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

@mr burns

oh right, i completely forgot about Rquake coop!
          definitely have to try it, its super <3
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

hehe np.
            Just in case Jessis needs it, I believe that the maps can be downloaded from here.

I should also mention that if you are in Europe there are additional Coop servers available at connect flanders.quake1.net:26001 and qrf.servequake.com:26003

Hope this helps

Monty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Are you Duke Nukem?

Because you must have some serious balls of steel!
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies!
                Im really digging the iq quake mod so far, still gotta try the rest
                But is there any kind of cvar that can boost monster health and damage for darkplaces?

Comment

@jessis
                  no, cuz this is something that has to be done with QC and cannot be done engine-side

just like every other gameplay modification this too has to be done with QC

Comment

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by jessis10 View Post
                      ... is there any kind of cvar that can boost monster health and damage for darkplaces?
                      Hello jessis10,

Thank you for your question.
                      It is a great idea to be able to adjust your mentioned values / properties.
                      I never thought about it this way.
                      You can then manipulate the difficulty of the game to your personal liking or skill, if the regular Quake-skills 0,1,2,3 are not enough.

This mod will give you the possibility to adjust these properties:
                      Code:
                      /////// monster health values

set demon_health 300		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set dog_health 25		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set enforcer_health 80		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set fish_health 25		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set hellknight_health 250	// set health value of this monster type.
                      set knight_health 75		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set ogre_health 200		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set shalrath_health 400		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set shambler_health 600		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set soldier_health 30		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set tarbaby_health 80		// set health value of this monster type.
                      set wizard_health 80		// set health value of this monster type.
                      // zombie health should remain 60

/////// monster weapon-damage values

set chton_lavaballs 100		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set demon_claws 10		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set demon_jump 40		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set dog_bite 8			// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set dog_jump 10			// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set enforcer_laser 15		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set fish_bite 3			// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set hellknight_sword 3		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set knight_sword 3		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set ogre_chainsaw 4		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set ogre_grenade 40		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set shalrath_missile 40		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set shambler_claws 20		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set shambler_doubleclaws 40	// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set shambler_lightning 10	// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set soldier_gun 4		// (soldiers shotgun has 4 pellets) set damage value of this monster type.
                      set tarbaby_jump 10		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set tarbaby_explode 120		// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set wizard_and_hellknight_missile 9	// set damage value of this monster type.
                      set zombie_flesh 10		// set damage value of this monster type.

/////// player weapon-damage values

set player_axe 20		// set damage value for the axe.
                      set player_shotgun_pellets 4	// (shotgun has 6 pellets, doubleshotgun has 14 pellets)
                      set player_nailgun 9		// set damage value for nailgun nails.
                      set player_supernailgun 18	// set damage value for supernailgun nails.
                      set player_grenades 120		// set damage value for grenades radiusdamage.
                      set player_rocket_impact 100	// set damage value for rockets direct impact.
                      set player_rocket_radius 120	// set damage value for rockets radiusdamage.
                      set player_lightninggun 30	// set damage value for lightning gun.

This mod requires an engine which supports auto_cvars !
                      FTE or Darkplaces for example.
                      The amount of the free vanilla cvars were unfortunately not enough for this mod.
                      (detailed readme and source is included)

DOWNLOAD

Have fun,
                      Seven

PS: I think it will also fit into the SMC

Comment

I cannot download the file. Could you upload it at Quaketastic instead? PW: Func_Msgboard: Looking For A New Owner For Quaketastic/Shub-Hub
                        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Hello Spirit,

Had some trouble with the password, but here it is.

Viele Grüße.

Comment

I have always gone through e3m6 with relative ease..
                            Until now that is
                            doubled all monster damage output and health, and the game became a REAL nightmare this is exactly what i wanted!! Thanks so much Seven!
                            Still have to get to all the other mods mentioned before as well....

Comment

Working...
                            X