X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck on shrine of the elder god

I like to play PSP when im out and about and I'm stuck on Pro quake 4.71

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkiivhkMSI

I'm stuck at 17:57 in the video^ I run on psp and the wall goes in a lot quicker than it did when I came across ed it the first time for the silver key. Also the PSP's run speed is slower I believe or else it's just a slower bob. Game is running at around 72fps don't think frame rate is an issue.

In config.cfg.
    I tried changing CL_forward speed to 300, 600 and 240. Default on psp is set at 250. so far no visual change.

My forward movement is set to Triangle. Aiming is on the Analognub, I have joysens light installed to give me ridiculously better aiming and faster than psp default .

You don't appear to be stuck on The Elder God Shrine at all, what gives?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      You don't appear to be stuck on The Elder God Shrine at all, what gives?
      That's some random guy playing dos quake, I'm on PSP Pro Quake 4.71

Used his video to show the lava pit. I've beat several scenarios on psp for some reason stuck on this one guess I never beat this level.

Comment

Try a grenade jump halfway across.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
          Try a grenade jump halfway across.
          How's that work?

Comment

@nickelbawker

sorta like a rocket-jump, except that you use a grenade.

you fire a grenade and do a (running if you wanna end up flying diagonal) jump over it,
            and try to time it so that you jump right at the moment the fired grenade explodes

its quite more difficult to pull of then a rocket-jump cuz you need to count down in your head and attempt to time things so
            that you jump so that the explosion launches you in the direction you wanna go, but when you manage to do it you feel awesome

done it a ton of times myself, and i still fail when attempting a grenade-jump 90% of the time cuz of not getting the timing perfect
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              @nickelbawker

sorta like a rocket-jump, except that you use a grenade.

you fire a grenade and do a (running if you wanna end up flying diagonal) jump over it,
              and try to time it so that you jump right at the moment the fired grenade explodes

its quite more difficult to pull of then a rocket-jump cuz you need to count down in your head and attempt to time things so
              that you jump so that the explosion launches you in the direction you wanna go, but when you manage to do it you feel awesome

done it a ton of times myself, and i still fail when attempting a grenade-jump 90% of the time cuz of not getting the timing perfect
              thanks

Comment

sures

here's a short clip i made for ya showing how to grenade-jump the pit
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyR3-ESbzvs[/ame]

might take a bunch of tries cuz its hard to get timing right, but its do-able as you can see
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

The biggest failure assisting this fella is you gals n gals need to put down your mouse first and foremost, because he's using a PSP to control his game.

That shit will be nearly 99.9% impossible to pull off via the control scheme of the PSP. You might nail it and get that drop of .1% and succeed.I would recommend the GL jump be done first, which will cause the floor to open up LATER rather than SOONER, or you could just type some cheat commands in console....like

fly or noclip come to mind! just coast across the thing

also, strafe against the wall as your walking/running and you get a boost of speed.

Try walking forward only, then try walking while also strafing into a wall, you gain some points in your running speed !
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Sorry talisa I did this last night around 3am right before falling asleep before your new post. It took me 9 tries, around 90% just like you said, almost did it 2x around 5 and 7 attempt. Fun thanks it worked, will be able to play quake out in public again.

Mind, it's not that bad with joysens I've played a lot of FPS on PSP it's a shame they're all homebrew though the real developers could have made some nice stuff for psp if they would have had set the PSP more like the joysens plugin.

My control scheme is like Turok 64 with the shoulder buttons being jump and shoot it's really not that bad at all. Horrible for multi-player / aiming but fine for A.I. gameplay.

Half life 2 psp, or anything on PS2/gamecube would have been awesome, didn't get any resident evils for this thing not counting the classics pre rendered style ones.

EDIT; wow you shot in the same exact spot I chose haha sweet. guess it just takes enough attempts to know where to land the grenade.

Wasn't sure it was one of those X+Y movement games, thanks for the info will note that since it's easy to do with turok controls. Common problem in making games haha.
                    Last edited by Nickelbawker; 05-21-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickelbawker View Post
                      Sorry talisa I did this last night around 3am right before falling asleep before your new post. It took me 9 tries, around 90% just like you said, almost did it 2x around 5 and 7 attempt. Fun thanks it worked, will be able to play quake out in public again.

Mind, it's not that bad with joysens I've played a lot of FPS on PSP it's a shame they're all homebrew though the real developers could have made some nice stuff for psp if they would have had set the PSP more like the joysens plugin.

My control scheme is like Turok 64 with the shoulder buttons being jump and shoot it's really not that bad at all. Horrible for multi-player / aiming but fine for A.I. gameplay.

Half life 2 psp, or anything on PS2/gamecube would have been awesome, didn't get any resident evils for this thing not counting the classics pre rendered style ones.

EDIT; wow you shot in the same exact spot I chose haha sweet. guess it just takes enough attempts to know where to land the grenade.

Wasn't sure it was one of those X+Y movement games, thanks for the info will note that since it's easy to do with turok controls. Common problem in making games haha.
                      Everyone has a favored control scheme if your using a controller in FPS games,I've tried picking up controller at a friends house many times on his Xbox and I get easily annoyed heh.

For future reference, proquake has a console feature and u can use fly to negate any irritations or hangups to the flow of the game. If you haven't done so yet, you should check out Slide mod on PSP, with tweaking you can get it to play fairly decently, it uses turn and strafe mostly, you ride a hoverboard downhill avoiding traps and setting speed times. Thats what my PSP Quake had loaded, Slide mod

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_huWywN9ggY[/ame]
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

USB port is broken, hopefully the circuit isn't fried need to install a new one for a few bucks to get anything to my psp. Really weak card and have no card readers so I don't want to remove it. CR-5400 I've already broken this one and another one but this one happens to work fine even though its chipped and cracked. If you upload a non zip file with direct download link I could get it onto my psp actually but don't - that would be really irritating moving it around 1 by one i don't think you can download a open folder can you?

Comment

YES,your right. It's one feature we could have used was hotmod swapping via warp!

not to mention bigger map (may or may not?) require magic memory stick ! I disassembled a batter to make mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            YES,your right. It's one feature we could have used was hotmod swapping via warp!

not to mention bigger map (may or may not?) require magic memory stick ! I disassembled a batter to make mine.
                            nah it wont. psp has changed a lot now. My psp3000 has Pro C2 with autoboot. All soft modded from a image crash discovery in 2009. don't require any of that anymore. I just need to get a usb port for it they're under 2 dollars holding off though need car parts and dental work lol.

Comment

Can't you just wait until it starts closing, and then run across?

Comment

Working...
                              X