mission pack replacment stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mission pack replacment stuff

in my time here, one thing i always put off was HD'ing my mission pack installs. this is because ive always had trouble finding things for them, and i have yet to find a thread that offers most of the content in any one place. does anyone know of such a place, or can anyone point me in the right direction?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Hello Syluxguy28O3,

Yes, good olden but golden mission packs

If you mean with: "HD'ing my mission packs", that you want to use replacement files for ALL original mission pack files, to make it look 'High Res', then yes there are replacement files for ALL of them.

You could easily download one of the existing complete compilations, as you know several exist (but that is a huge download size), or you can grab them by yourself.

I just looked and checked how many megabyte the replacement files weight for the mission packs. They are only 30 MB per mission pack + the world textures.

World textures:
    Moon[Drunk] and My-Key completed mission pack 1. Download them from their webpage.
    World textures for mission pack 2 has unfortunately not been finished by Moon[Drunk] yet. He already made 50% of them. But Webangel jumped in and collected and reworked the rest. So you can also have a complete repaint on your walls in mission pack 2.
    Get it from here.

The 30 MB per mission packs for the rest:
    As mentioned above, you will now only need the 'rest' for the mission packs (containing replacement model skins, HUD and menu textures).
    And yes, you are correct, most of these are splattered throughout this very forum in different threads. I do not want to link all of them (Talisa or someone might want to do it), but you can find them all in here.
    Some links might be down already... If so, you will find people to reupload them with joy for sure. I also have/keep them safe and warm on harddiscs.

If you are crazy enough and want to use the smc for them, you will find optionally replacement files for the monsters as well included in it.

Have fun with your Quake.

Comment

thank you very much! your help is deeply appreciated!
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

sure i guess i can post some links

first... links to HD-stuff for hipnotic AKA mission-pack1 scourge of armagon

fraggers has made a pack with HD skins for hipnotic monsters, which are more authentic but less fancy.
        Fragger's Quake Skins
        click on the SOA-pic to download them

EDIT:nergal also made a pack of skins for hipnotics monsters, which has the typical reforged style to them.
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...html#post97942

Reforged skins-pack misses spikemine though, which fraggers pack does have. so either way you'll wanna get them both

OoPpEe aka lambenthammerburst has made a pack with hi-poly weapon-replacements for hipnotic
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...pons-pack.html

romi has made RTlights for hipnotic:
        http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplac...lights_soa.pk3

webangel has made some fancy shaders for hipnotics purple portal-texture and the bloody liquid texture which is used in HIP3M4
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html

OoPpEe aka lambenthammerburst has also made hi-poly models for the new powerups for both mission-packs
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-powerups.html

and i myself have made ent-files with rain and fog for hipnotic (which require usage of SMC)
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...g-mp1-soa.html

as seven mentioned, also be sure to check the starters multi-skin pack included with the SMC, he included a lot of skins for hipnotic's enemies in it
        small mod compilation downloads

EDIT2:
        webangel's animated-reflecting-overload addon also includes reflect-maps and animated textures for some of hipnotics textures
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html
        you need to install the pack for ID1 in the zip, this one has all the effects for textures in it. the hipnotic pk3 in the zip only adds lightbeams into maps iirc

FCZ also made packs with gloss-maps, including for hipnotic
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...materials.html

both are addons for QRP's world-textures pack for hipnotic (and thus require QRP texture-pack)

thats all i can think of for hipnotic! hope it helps
        let me know if any of the links in those threads dun work and ill upload them for ya

tomorrow or so ill make another list for ROGUE aka mission-pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
        Last edited by talisa; 05-23-2014, 06:38 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

thanks tal! helpful, as always!
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

sures

PS: just added two more things which i randomly remembered a minute ago to my previous post
            which you'll definitely wanna check out, they add a lot to the map-textures

EDIT:
            ive seen people asking so often for where to find all the HD replacement items,
            and on a whole bunch of occasions ive typed up lists for people with links

playing with the idea to make a special thread for everyone in which ill post all HD replacement content i know
            and any more i might find for both quake and the mission-packs with pics and links.

sorta like a definitive thread where all HD replacement content that is available is collected,
            which can be linked to (new) people who want to know about whats out there
            Last edited by talisa; 05-23-2014, 06:49 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

yeah i was thinkin the same thing earlier. if it was done, it would clear up alot of confusion.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Hello,

Some important things slipped through talisas fingers...
                Replacement content for hipnotic models are quite complete, but HUD, menue and others are missing.

If you are using Ruohis + OoPpEes replacement weapon models, you might also like to have them showing on your HUD. As well as the new matching powerup HUD icons.
                Webangel and several others made these HUD icons, so everything is matching together:
                Download Hipnotic
                Download Rogue

And while we are talking about Hud + menue:
                Be sure to grab the conback and qplaque replacements.
                Webangel and OoPpEe did some really great conback´s and DeadTenor did these wonderful qplaque´s

You cannot afford to miss those

And did I already mention webangel´s wonderful torch replacements... ?

Around 1 - 3 years ago, there has been really a immense phase of creativeness for Quake !
                These have been wonderful years. Almost every week something new saw the light of day.
                Those were the days....

Comment

@seven
                  ah yush, i have those too but i didnt think of them
                  cuz i was thinking about in-world stuff and didnt think of stuff for the hud

webangels torch i didnt mention cuz i was mentioning only mission-pack specific items,
                  but yush its a fantastic model, i always use it in my quake <3

you did also forget one more thing for hud though seven

you forgot nahuel & _smith_'s fantastic CSQC hud for quake and mission-packs:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...edit-tool.html

guess the lack of new stuff nowadays is cuz of the fact
                  pretty much everything for quake and both mission-packs has already been remade in HD

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

Around 1 - 3 years ago, there has been really a immense phase of creativeness for Quake !
                    These have been wonderful years. Almost every week something new saw the light of day.
                    Those were the days....
                    A wonderful and inspiring time.

I retextured the most important and powerful enemy in MP2 Dissolution of Eternity.
                    And I think >>> this <<< stuff wasnt mentioned here too.

Last edited by webangel; 05-31-2014, 01:50 PM. Reason: Image

Comment

Nice.

Beefing up my mission packs will be the next action in play whenever I get the time.
                      Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Working...
                      X