Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Metal Monstrosity

Another Awesome singleplayer map by SOC

The gameplay is awesome (but hard for my skill) , and the arquitecture is excellent. I tested it in darkplaces engine without problems (a little lag, but my pc is very poor, so you willl not have problems with descent hardware)

You need quoth 2.2
    SimonOC - Metal Monstrosity, Info Page
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

ive been wantin this for a while, ill be giving it a go soon!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Looks slick, gonna try it in awhile.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Dat "3 DEMONS" again!

3 DEMO(S) IN LOOP
        COULDN'T SPAWN SERVER MAPS/METMON1D.BSP
        A few maps give this error. This one also gave.

System:
        Quake Injector
        QuakeSpasm 0.85.9 (32-bit) (Command line options: "-mem 1024")
        Quoth and Quoth 2.2 are installed via Quake Injector. I can play maps which use Quoth items/monsters. But I can't play Quoth 2.2 (by choosing it in the Quake Injector list and clicking the play button), because it gives this same "3 demons" error.

I can't play some nice maps like Nehahra because of these demons. How can I kill them?
        Last edited by hkBattousai; 05-27-2014, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hkBattousai View Post
          because it gives this same "3 demons" error. How can I kill them?
          It is nothing to do with the demo files, the message is because you are running out of base memory. Either increase your memory pool via command line switches or use the quoth launcher batch file.

*snip snip* from the readme file:

Using the Quoth v2.2 Launcher
          -----------------------------

* Create a new folder called 'metmon' in your Quake folder
          * Copy the file (metmon1d.zip) into the new folder
          * Extract the contents of the zip file
          * Rename the file 'pak0.pak to 'metmon.pak'
          * Copy the 'metmon.pak' file to the quoth directory

* Make sure the file 'launcher.bat' exists in the quoth directory
          * Drag and Drop the new metmon.pak file onto the launcher.bat icon
          - search google with "how to drag and drop files" if stuck

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            The gameplay is awesome (but hard for my skill) , and the arquitecture is excellent. I tested it in darkplaces engine without problems (a little lag, but my pc is very poor, so you willl not have problems with descent hardware)
            Thanks for the thread on quakeone, the map is indeed very hard (even on easy skill). This is not my usual skill setup for a map, this is something different. I wanted the player to fear the void (falling) and panic while fighting the deadly bobs roaming the skies above.

Comment

pics look absolutely awesome!

always love huge structures in the sky, cant wait to try this map later <3

and nothing wrong with hard maps, i like a good challenge
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by sock View Post
                Hope that helps
                That helped. Thank you.

Comment

Hehe, sock did it again !

Great work. And also a great advertising for the new Quoth update.
                  Quakeone is far behind. It didnt even newsed the update...

Originally posted by sock View Post
                  This is not my usual skill setup for a map [...] I wanted the player to fear the void [...]
                  I can only speak for myself, but you do not need to make "easy" skill as hard as your regular hard skill. Which skill shall be used by a non-pro player then?
                  I already wet my pants when looking downwards from the platforms into the void , I do not need monster hordes to extend this feeling.

Your maps have always been one of the few, which still use acceptable skill settings (compared to many other fan-made maps). I hope you will fall back to your old behaviour and let the map and its beauty speak for itself, s your maps are always one of the most beautiful.

Great job sock

... and yes, reading the readme´s seems to be really difficult

Comment

Map looks great Sock! Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                      Another Awesome singleplayer map by SOC

You need quoth 2.2
                      SimonOC - Metal Monstrosity, Info Page
                      Thanks SimonOC
                      Thanks for posting this Nahuel!

PS:Thanks to Seven for a kick in the ass (It was needed to even consider reviewing the map,as I don't enjoy singleplayer. I'll burn that viewpoint and attempt this SP map w/ News and a review.)

(fuck copy pasting a news article that just points here and says 'Check it out')

edit :this fn map is 12MB,hah,neat. thats impressive on its own, since I just looked at my map folder and ne_tower is the largest one I got, 5MB. I'll say that alone has poked my curiosity, what kind of singleplayer craziness awaits me in a COMPRESSED 12MB zip? Now im curious how much it will decrompress once I get it downloaded, lol.
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-27-2014, 02:30 PM.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I.. mebbe could... make some news-items?

i myself love SP and know my fair share of SP mods and maps, and generally browse any Quakeone threads and check quaddicted frequently for anything new.

dun have any experience with writing news-articles, but i love SP and mebbe it could be fun to write about anything note-worthy

another news-item that was also missed was the fact that a new stable release of DP was released on 30th of april

and of course the new quoth-update was released as well few weeks ago, which i think is pretty note-worthy news!
                        especially now that sock has made a map which needs this new quoth2.2 update

also think a lot of great SP-maps could and should be posted at news-section.

and some other items, like also perhaps the (almost) complete list of HD addons for mission-pack1 that i posted in reply to a question from sylux.

and if i decide to actually make it, the possible thread ive been thinking to make which lists every HD addon there is
                        for quake and both mission-packs for new people and anybody who wants to know about which HD replacement items and addons there are

i know there's are a lot of people here at quakeone which mostly enjoy MP,
                        but there are also a whole lot of people here who enjoy SP and coop a lot more

SP-news should also receive attention, and focus of news shouldnt be just on MP-stuff
                        Last edited by talisa; 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                          I.. mebbe could... make some news-items?

i myself love SP and know my fair share of SP mods and maps, and generally browse any Quakeone threads and check quaddicted frequently for anything new.

dun have any experience with writing news-articles, but i love SP and mebbe it could be fun to write about anything note-worthy

another news-item that was also missed was the fact that a new stable release of DP was released on 30th of april

and of course the new quoth-update was released as well few weeks ago, which i think is pretty note-worthy news!
                          especially now that sock has made a map which needs this new quoth2.2 update

also think a lot of great SP-maps could and should be posted at news-section.

and some other items, like also perhaps the (almost) complete list of HD addons for mission-pack1 that i posted in reply to a question from sylux.

and if i decide to actually make it, the possible thread ive been thinking to make which lists every HD addon there is
                          for quake and both mission-packs for new people and anybody who wants to know about which HD replacement items and addons there are

i know there's are a lot of people here at quakeone which mostly enjoy MP,
                          but there are also a whole lot of people here who enjoy SP and coop a lot more

SP-news should also receive attention, and focus of news shouldnt be just on MP-stuff
                          +1 to this idea
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            cant wait to try this map later
                            Awesome, hope to hear how you get on with the map.

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                            I can only speak for myself, but you do not need to make "easy" skill as hard as your regular hard skill. Which skill shall be used by a non-pro player Your maps have always been one of the few, which still use acceptable skill settings (compared to many other fan-made maps). I hope you will fall back to your old behaviour and let the map and its beauty speak for itself, s your maps are always one of the most beautiful.
                            Wow, you tried the map! I get so little feedback from quake players from the quakeone site. Not to worry, this map is an exception to the rule, the next project will be back to my usual standard. This map is different because I really wanted to push the fear factor and applying more pressure from enemies is one way to do this.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            Thanks to Seven for a kick in the ass (It was needed to even consider reviewing the map,as I don't enjoy singleplayer. I'll burn that viewpoint and attempt this SP map w/ News and a review.
                            Unfortunately I gave up on Quakeone a long time ago, since Baker stepped down the coverage of news relating to Quake is at a bare minimum. The latest news items (star wars, free game darkspace) are not even Quake related. There are plenty of cool things happening in the community, new maps, mod updates, expansion packs and none of it gets covered here anymore. I don't even bother to post here about any of my current projects because I feel it is falling on deaf ears. Something should change here because it use to be a large Quake community where new ideas were discussed and even reported on the front page.
                            PS. I am very impressed you are going to try this map!

Comment

Anyone can submit news,and it doesn't have to be sending anyone other member or myself 'something for submission', that will not reflect well on the capability to push the news articles through.

Requesting
                              "Wanna write Reviews or submit News Articles here at Quakeone.com? Click Here"

then, anyone who clicked the link is sent to a spot that simply PM's/Emails Solecord ! Only members who are registered can see this link/icon to preform this function obviously.... so that he won't be flooded with trollollobots or w/e from the world wild west (Yee haw!)

Sounds like a well oiled opportunity for some serious course correction, Taliso kudos for that offer.
                              I didn't even read anything else, I had read enough and enjoyed what I read at that!

Again,thanks. I've contacted Solecord for you, he should PM you soon or something possibly.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X