Play Metal Monstrosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sock View Post
    Awesome, hope to hear how you get on with the map.

Wow, you tried the map! I get so little feedback from quake players from the quakeone site. Not to worry, this map is an exception to the rule, the next project will be back to my usual standard. This map is different because I really wanted to push the fear factor and applying more pressure from enemies is one way to do this.

Unfortunately I gave up on Quakeone a long time ago, since Baker stepped down the coverage of news relating to Quake is at a bare minimum. The latest news items (star wars, free game darkspace) are not even Quake related. There are plenty of cool things happening in the community, new maps, mod updates, expansion packs and none of it gets covered here anymore. I don't even bother to post here about any of my current projects because I feel it is falling on deaf ears. Something should change here because it use to be a large Quake community where new ideas were discussed and even reported on the front page.
    PS. I am very impressed you are going to try this map!
    Yup, even though im not planning on approaching this map for a News article or in depth review by myself, I'm bout to fire this up right now.

Getting Quoth right now, would have had it already downloaded tonight but TG's came callin, Bruce and I dominated 2v2 ZTNDM3.bsp pretty much hows its been going on lately. I don't ride his coat tails either , I regularly am dishing out well over 400 dmg to the Quad-hungry enemy who keeps fn Rushing it trying to turn control back over to the enemy,wtf? no,not happening!I guard Quad , so Bruce can gather Weapons,Armour and then he runs the FUCK out some Quad damage. by the time he's Quad-fragged both enemy's I've stocked up Weapons/Armor as well and now we've locked this game down ,Good Game.

Got distracted. Won't happen again swear!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      Anyone can submit news,and it doesn't have to be sending anyone other member or myself 'something for submission', that will not reflect well on the capability to push the news articles through.

Requesting
      "Wanna write Reviews or submit News Articles here at Quakeone.com? Click Here"

then, anyone who clicked the link is sent to a spot that simply PM's/Emails Solecord ! Only members who are registered can see this link/icon to preform this function obviously.... so that he won't be flooded with trollollobots or w/e from the world wild west (Yee haw!)
      So how can I submit news because that link you have supplied above does nothing?

Comment

just tried playing the map a bit yesterday

at first had some trouble trying to get the map to run corrently. (using darkplaces)
        messed around with trying to get it to work before after a while i tried to change
        the commandline to say "-game quoth" instead of just "-quoth" which it said to use in readme, and then the map worked fine

once i played it first, on normal the map was quite a breeze and i completed it easily.
        however when i tried it on nightmare which i usually play on, the map suddenly was insanely difficult compared to normal.

especially the bobbots really make the map really hard cuz you end up being swarmed by multiple of them and have nowhere to go.
        i also found myself constantly without ammo when trying to deal with the bobbots,
        which just made the map impossible cuz you cant take them on with the axe cuz they keep floating to far away from the platforms to hit

im normally not really much into base-maps at all, but i really enjoyed this one even though how insanely difficult it is on nightmare.
        the usage of many of quoth's variations on enforcers and grunts helped a lot keep the gameplay from getting repetitive.

its why i normally am not a fan of basemaps, cuz they tend filled with grunts and enforcers only.
        the fact you placed many of quoth's variations of them in the map and also includes some of quoth's new base-enemies helped keeping the gameplay from getting boring.

the structure itself is beautifull and very interesting to look at. i really love the floating broken-up structures,
        and the energy-bridges were a fun little addition which brought something new to the game.
        it was also a lot of fun to try and see if i could reach all the floating blocks in the distance to find any secrets that might be there.

the portal sphere shutdown sequence with enemies spawning in after every button was pressed at the top of the structure was also fun.
        i only managed to make it there on normal and didnt manage to make it to the top on nightmare cuz of constantly running out of ammo, but it was quite a lot of fun on normal.

so really the only point of improvement i could think of is that perhaps on nightmare the map could have a bit more ammo?
        i constantly kept running out of ammo when trying to deal with the swarm of bobbots on nightmare difficulty
        Last edited by talisa; 05-28-2014, 05:58 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by sock View Post
          So how can I submit news because that link you have supplied above does nothing?
          Hi Sock
          I could have misunderstood, but I'm guessing that was a feature Mindzy was requesting for Solecord to implement.

Oh, and keep up the good work. I can't wait to try this map. I'll even install this Quoth thing if that's what it takes

Kind regards

Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
            Hi Sock
            I could have misunderstood, but I'm guessing that was a feature Mindzy was requesting for Solecord to implement.

Oh, and keep up the good work. I can't wait to try this map. I'll even install this Quoth thing if that's what it takes

Kind regards

Monty
            I'll give you a hint of whats to come. Sheer Bliss!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Played this last night. Very nice architecture and monster placement. I played on Nightmare and it was hard as hell (that's a good thing, keeps the replay value high in my opinion). It took me about an hour or so to clear all monsters and find all secrets. Wish I had found the Plasma Gun before the boss battle lol.

The aerial combat from the Bob bots was intense. My only criticism is really for the Quoth mod: an actual rifle would be nice for taking down airborne enemies. The shotgun scatters too much from far away (obviously that's realistic) and the nailgun is way too slow to hit your target effectively. That was actually the whole reason I started my mod a while back.

Another nice map Sock, keep up the good work.
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                the commandline to say "-game quoth" instead of just "-quoth" which it said to use in readme
                This is something for other engines because the majority of people who play Quake SP over at func_msgboard use Fitz/QS clients. This extra parameter allows the Fitz/QS client to have multiple game directories which DP does already and also makes a lot easier. You can also use the Quoth 2.2 launcher which is a very cool setup.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                once i played it first, on normal the map was quite a breeze and i completed it easily.
                however when i tried it on nightmare which i usually play on, the map suddenly was insanely difficult compared to normal.
                The skill difference between normal and hard is mostly bob's and a few nasty ambushes with defenders (GL/SSG). The trick with bob's is strafing the plasma fire and not hiding behind walls otherwise they are difficult to hit. The ammo situation on hard/nightmare is very tight, but if this is a problem try the secrets. There are plenty of extra nails and the Plasma Gun for making the bob's go away real quick!

I am glad you tried the map, I would highly recommend you to persist with the higher skill level, it is rewarding to finally finish and step through the top portal after the crazy arena battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                  I did not realize it was a joke about a feature request, I don't visit Quakeone much anymore and thought this was the way to submit news (which would be a good idea). I often create news articles for most of my new quake stuff on other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                    The aerial combat from the Bob bots was intense. My only criticism is really for the Quoth mod: an actual rifle would be nice for taking down airborne enemies. The shotgun scatters too much from far away (obviously that's realistic) and the nailgun is way too slow to hit your target effectively
                    Initially I gave the player all of the extra weapons (SNG/RL/LG) but it made the combat too easy. Part of the tension with the bob enemy is that they last a long time with lower weapons and require the player to use strafe/fire tactics. Anyway, I am glad you tried the map and had some fun and if you want some more information remember to check out my website, its full of extra waffle!

Comment

just tried playing the map again from start cuz in my quicksave i was pretty much screwed cuz i was without ammo and surrounded by bobbots

managed to find the plasmagun, which was a huuuuge help in taking care of those bobbots
                      its almost a must to find it cuz without it its almost undo-able to take all bobbots down without running out of ammo.

the different enforcers honestly werent really a prob at all cuz you could just use the same tactics to easy take em down just as easily as the normal enforcers

Gug at the end.... f-ing awesum! i totally love gugs <3
                      they're hard as hell, but i love the lovecraftian gug

just barely had enough ammo to kill the beast though, i was running out of ammo quickly
                      trying to take the gug down and i litterally killed the bastard with my last remaining shell

very cool though! once again: awesum map, and i loved the gug at the end!
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just made something for use with quoth which i thought might be interesting also for anyone who wants to play this map:

quoth's colors for QWRE backpack!

Comment

finished your latest creation, sock, and i have to say that i enjoyed engaging the forces of evil high above in the sky. more leaps of faith than i can count lol. very good job sir (now im gonna go and play some of your other maps)
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                          X