"Writer's Block"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Writer's Block"

It is so easy to draw a map in your head, but so difficult to figure out what textures will make something "come to life".

I hope to have this thing done this week for Quake Expo; in fact, I hope I have it done by the morning but figuring out textures sucks!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Is that thing going to be for RQuake?

Comment

i was not informed

Comment

Heheh, not for RQuake :d
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

what's it for then?

Comment

You'll find out soon enough

In fact, I might have to ask you some questions to find out how to do a couple of things I need to support some functionality I want before I can finish it.

Comment

You've started making maps, Baker?

My favorite way of making maps was to draw them out then visualize each part of the map and make notes. Then after I was done I'd have to make a giant hollow square over the entire thing because I could never find the leaks so I could vis.
              "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

I've been into it on and off for about a year thanks to all the great help I got at Func_Msgboard.

Comment

IEEE: That's terrible! Don't you know about the pointfile command?

Comment

Originally posted by Zop
                    IEEE: That's terrible! Don't you know about the pointfile command?
                    I used to use Qoole, it did have leak detection, but for the most part I would make a map in 4 hours, fix all the leaks in 6 hours (yeah, they were mostly huge maps and it was really complicated and I was like "I didn't know there wasn't a all wall there!" and jump to my infinite doom), then when I was finally done I would run vis for about 48 hours and come back to my computer to discover either the electricity went out or I hadn't put enough lights to really make it bright enough or it was too bright.

Those were the days, I used to do this on a p75 so vising took forever.
                    "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

If I ever find time to finish this up, it should be pretty cool. Obviously still under heavy construction.

Comment

Working...
                      X