Gotshun's The "Lost" Levels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotshun's The "Lost" Levels!

I posted this at func_ but it is awaiting approval.

A friend of mine created these levels back when Quake was new
    and keeping track of your r_speeds meant something :-P

Okay, so they never were really "lost" per se, just more a pain for
    me to grab off his old PC. But that's over now, onto the fun schtuff

These are old school claustrophobic levels with perilous tricks and traps.

*** Scourge of Armagon(hipnotic) required ***

Slightly more info is in the readme.txt | 16 levels in all located here:

http://www.quaketastic.com/files/sin...sed_levels.zip

Hope you guys have fun.
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

you got pics so one can see what the levels look like before downloading?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/P9lrS
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Pics look good. Nice, clean, very basic. Looks like it belongs in Quake. I'll give this a try when I can, thanks for sharing.

EDIT: forgot that I don't have the mission packs lol...maybe I should go ahead and buy them. Better late than never I guess
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
          forgot that I don't have the mission packs lol...
          shame on you! go buy them, now! <3
          https://www.gog.com/game/quake_the_offering

seriously though, they are really good!

especially the second mission-pack is really good, which is mostly caves & castles, a wizard's mansion, an elemental temple and ancient maya and ancient egypt
          and has lots of great new enemies like the wraths & the overlord, multi-grenade ogres and the phantom swordsman

also, it has the best weapon evah.... a super-nailgun that shoots burning nails made of mada-fookin lava <3
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf1ae4V9FaY[/ame]
          (original model is not as cool looking though)

the first mission-pack is nice too, even though the entire first episode of it
          is base base base and more base, which isnt really my cup of tea

but its also quite awesome, with several new weapons like the mjolnir (yes, that mjolnir!) and the laser cannon
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nXxqOQ06c[/ame]

and a couple new enemies like the scourge/centhroid, a cybernetic scorpion with nail-guns instead of claws
          Last edited by talisa; 11-15-2016, 05:05 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Gotshun's pack is actually quite good. Too bad that some levels erroneously use non-existing track01 so there's no music in those. Also, maps don't have VISed water. Other than that, it's a very nostalgic experience with entertaining gameplay and some challenging encounters (even if you choose easy skill).
            Authentic Models Pack
            OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
            LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Oh, so that's why I didn't hear music in the start map and the first map of episode 1...
              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Unfortunately, more than just two maps are affected. It's a sloppiness mistake by the author. There are also some typos in messages (e.g. "eleswhere"), but besides that, everything is playable and OK.
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

This should be easily fixed by adding a track01 in hipnotic\music...

Comment

In the meantime, I have compiled an updated release which has received Gotshun's personal blessing.

Gotshun's Lost Levels v1.1 (zip, 11 MB)

Changelog:
                    - Maps grouped in pak0.pak
                    - Colored lights (.lit) in pak1.pak (optional)
                    - Maps reVISed to support transparent water
                    - SoA soundtrack remapped to fix "silent" levels
                    - Placed e2sl1 as regular level into episode #2 (after e2ud)
                    - Minor stuff: Fixed spelling mistakes, removed dots after level names, added missing "You found a secret!" messages
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Hey guys! I made some enhancements (v0.9) for q1map1.
                      Added:
                      - modified thunder skybox;
                      - rain;
                      - lava haze and sound;
                      - bubbles + boiling sound in slime;
                      - red fog pouring out of slipgates.
                      Requires Seven's SMC. Drop the .pk3 in your \gotshun folder.

To do:
                      - add eruption sounds to the lava balls (I need to figure out how to do that);
                      - write readme.

This started only as a learning exercise with Seven's tutorials, but I'm now working on e1ua so I'll probably end up doing all the maps in the pack.
                      Last edited by Mugwump; 11-26-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                        - add eruption sounds to the lava balls (I need to figure out how to do that);
                        k.
                        using 1.06 qc
                        in misc.qc
                        fire_fly function is the fire_ball spawner; you can just add a sound there
                        Code:
                        void() fire_fly =
                        {
                        local entity	fireball;
                        [COLOR="SeaGreen"]	sound (self, CHAN_VOICE, "misc/yourcrazysound.wav", 1, ATTN_NORM[/COLOR]);
                        	fireball = spawn();
                        also you can add some particles here, if you want to add sound and particles when the ball fall again in the lava you need to check the water level and add a nextthink function to know this. actually nexthink function of the fire_ball is just SUB_Remove after 5 seconds. I am sure there is a function to check the water level in SMC code in each entity, I do not have alreaydy SMC mod in this computer :/ but there is an splash function for sure there. do not forget to precache your sounds.
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Thanks Nahuel but I don't know anything about editing .qc files. I did all this only with .ent file and effectinfo.txt. I looked inside the SMC but didn't find any .qc file. I suppose I'd have to decompile the progs.dat for this but even if I knew how, I don't want to modify the SMC without Seven's consent. I left him a message on his SMC thread and I'm waiting for his reply.

About that sound line in your code, what is this "1"? The volume of the sound?

Also, I don't know how to precache a sound. I guess sounds from the SMC are precached automatically but the boiling sound is one that I added myself from a free source, so I suppose this one needs to be precached.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                            I suppose I'd have to decompile the progs.dat for this but even if I knew how
                            SMC is open source as far as I know, with the source being in one of the downloads.

All the good people make their Quake stuff open source.
                            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

aye, seven always includes the QC source in every release of the SMC

he only doesnt sometimes with beta-versions,
                              but im sure if you just poke him he'd gladly share the QC source of the latest SMC beta

Comment

Working...
                              X