ORL's maps have been reviewed @ Underworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ORL View Post
    Your right. I determined the difficulty of my maps based on how good I am. Now I realize, never to do that again. I dont mean to brag, but I am very skilled in Single player, which is probably why my episode is hard for many players.

Also, please explain what you meant by "proper beta testing".
    "proper beta testing" means getting other people to try out/test versions of your maps before your final public release.

Also, i did not find these maps that hard (i played on hard skill, as well). Its important to make use of the 3 skill levels in A good Q1SP map. Ideally, each skill level should be used and there should be a significant difference (lots more monsters, less health/armor/ammo) between medium and hard skill.

Comment

Blah, glpro is giving me "Hunk_Alloc: failed on 959840 bytes" when i enter the arch at the end of the start map. Qrack gives me similiar errors when trying to load the 3rd map (ie the one after the slipgates). I am running "-mem 32 -zone 8192". Any ideas?

Comment

Use -heapsize 32768 with ProQuake instead of -mem 32, I don't believe ProQuake supports -mem and every engine supports -heapsize
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hey thanks, i think that worked perfectly

Comment

Working...
          X