Quake done 100% Quick lite 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake done 100% Quick lite 2

You may have seen this, it was released July 22 but there has been a lot of Quake activity in the last 6 or 7 days so maybe not every has seen this.

The AVI is 600 MB, the pak file versions are from a third person point of view whereas the AVI is not.

It is a 33:33 minute run in EASY thru all of Quake and has some of the weirdest kills and tactics I've ever seen. Quite non-linear.

Very WEIRD kills = Very WEIRD kills. Things most people probably didn't even know could be done in Quake. It was the first time I had ever seen it (anyone who has seen it knows what I am referring to).

Originally posted by Stubgaard
    The Quake done Quick site has been updated with a new release today to celebrate Quake's 10th anniversary. Quake done 100% Quick lite 2 is an easy 100% run through Quake, finishing in 33:33. Included in the PAK downloads you will find a standard first-person run as well as a recammed movie version. There's even an AVI version available for those that don't have Quake installed (which is equal a death penalty in many countries). This release must be one of the finest QdQ releases in many years!

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/qdq/

Note: The AVI doesn't include the recammed demos, and it's slighty different from the first person run, so downloading the FULL release is recommended.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

yea... 1st for me as well
    !!WTF!!
    Some play to remember...
    Some play to forget.

Comment

Now thats 1337. Single player 1337 of course, this guys multiplayer skills are probly much different.

But this clip is awesome! I was watching it in awe, I've watched QDQ etc .. where they run thru the level not getting frags or secret areas, but this takes the cake because it took more skill to do this then mearly run through a level as fast as possible.

Eat your hearts out Mr.Tical & Mrs.Monster-Tical
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I am pretty sure that the pak file version also has first-person view.

The material is superb, but as far as viewing pleasure is concerned, I like real marathon runs better (runs by one player through the whole game.) Personal opinion of course. In marathons you can see that the player is better on certain levels, and worse on others, and there are some mess-ups like missed jumps etc., which IMO adds to the flavor.

About the recamming, I'd have appreciated some funny "story" like in Dimension of the Gibbed (that vore cracks me up everytime.) Of course, the intro is great. I just thought "hey, an intermission now and again would be cool." You can only watch so many runs in a row.

It's a great show-off, though.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Yes, you can watch the first-person view in the pak version.

If you want to see a marathon run, then I recommend that you download Justin Fleck's id1 NH marathon. All kills and all secrets on nightmare in 69:33.

Intermissions? That's what the start map is for
          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Working...
          X