NewHell Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewHell Mod

Thanks to Preach's help with the blood splattering code, I'm happy to announce my first mod release.

It's called NewHell, and it's a single player mod with the goal in mind to make single player vanilla Quake gameplay more interesting.

Another big reason for this mod is to give Quake players who don't like fancy graphically-charged engines to experience blood splats and other decals in older, more faithful versions of the Quake engine.

http://www.quaketastic.com/files/sin...ds/newhell.zip

This is a small, 3mb download.

It features basically tons of blood/gore improvements, along with additional weapon/monster animations.

Please try it out and give feedback if you have any.

Thank you.

great dude

i am downloading!!
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I like it, this is pretty good for a first mod. I'd probably try to do some different stuff with the other weapons, but the shotguns feel a lot better now. Not sure if you made any improvements or if the aesthetic is just nice, but I like it.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Noice!
        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Awesome...
          Dude,lets party!
          Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

I liked the mod very much, the most interesting is the shotgun although the double cannon needs more damage power and maybe for the next you could implement new functions like:

1-Hollow bullets on mdl or .wad basis.

2-splash water.

3-other things.

Just a few ideas, if you want.

Comment

Nice
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

You have done some nice work with the new models and animations. The blood effects are really nice. The gun sounds are good too. I ran the mod in Quakespasm and got some error messages when firing shotguns (I think because it just doesn't support the changes you made), and it seems some models are missing skins like dead ogres and such. This is great work overall.

Redfield

Comment

I played it for a few minutes at work and want to dive in a bit more but for a first release it is GREAT. I didn't notice the new monster animations but will take a look again. I did not like the new SFX but I can live with them. I will say that on the Mac version of Quakespasm the Ogre's skin vanished and became some weird black and blue smudge upon their death animation. (that's on my work iMac) I will post screen shots asap for you. Have not played on PC yet.
                  Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

I will add that I am happy to play test stuff like this if you need someone to preview before release. I have access to Macs and PCs as noted above.
                    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Some screenshots (and videos of the new anims) wouldn't hurt...
                      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
                      X