AD Sepulcher is Beyond Great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Sepulcher is Beyond Great!

Wow. Just wow. This map is a masterpiece. I can't believe how, after all these years, Quake and its mappers can still astound me.

As far as I'm concerned, Arcane Dimensions is the best thing to happen to Quake in years.

The attention to detail is impeccable, the atmosphere is delicious all those 'small' updates that add to the game are just genius. I feel like I've gone back in time to the excitement of the 90's!

Sock, you sir, are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

PS: When is this map going on the front page?
    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Wow, I still haven't finished the last few maps from Arcane Dimensions, but when I saw the monster and secret count of Sepulcher... I was speechless. I'm really looking forward to play it.

I never could get Quakespasm to work on my computer, but with the newest update it finally does work and I'm very happy. Can't wait to play it. This deserves an announcement in the home page.
    Last edited by JH24; 06-19-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

can you play this map with out playing others i go to the door and i get a message saying its not available to i need to beat open the door or do i have something not installed right im using the quake injector to try and start the map and its taking me to the new game screen not the map like it normley would

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONE View Post
        can you play this map with out playing others i go to the door and i get a message saying its not available to i need to beat open the door or do i have something not installed right im using the quake injector to try and start the map and its taking me to the new game screen not the map like it normley would
        It's not installed right, the readme will tell you what to do. You end up over-writing most of the previous AD content with the new release, including the start maps. The new one will have functioning changelevel.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

@Assignment Writing

That's a complete joke, right? You didn't even successfully write a coherent and literate 2 sentence post. Not to mention that, I have taken shits that provide more information. If I was from the UK I would consider you a complete embarrassment to our people.

Admin Edit by Solecord > He was responding to the spam post that I removed.
          Last edited by Solecord; 07-27-2017, 09:45 AM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post
            PS: When is this map going on the front page?
            Originally posted by JH24 View Post
            This deserves an announcement in the home page.
            i will definitely make a news-post as soon as we have frontpage news again.

seeing we currently dont have frontpage news, it would be kinda pointless
            since people would have to specifically looking for the news to even find it
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I have to agree, I played this over the weekend finally and had an awesome time with it. What Sock and everyone has done with AD is just amazing!

I included my playthrough below if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post
                Wow. Just wow. This map is a masterpiece....
                As far as I'm concerned, Arcane Dimensions is the best thing to happen to Quake in years.

The attention to detail is impeccable, the atmosphere is delicious all those 'small' updates that add to the game are just genius. I feel like I've gone back in time to the excitement of the 90's!

Sock, you sir, are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
                I have to agree with everything HR said. Thank you so much Sock (and Co.) please keep them coming as although perhaps we don't show it as much as we should, it really is appreciated. Sock is gaining quite some recognition and notoriety in the mapping community, I was watching a custom gamer (my compatriot and talented mapper Daz Weeks) playthrough of a Half Life 2 custom map and even heard someone there comment on how good it would be to see a Half Life 2 map produced by Sock.

@ArrCee: Keep the playthroughs coming too sir. I like the lighthearted presentation style and the fact that it's not taken too seriously :-)

Kind regards
                Monty
                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-03-2017, 12:28 PM.
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Update: Okay, definitely color me stupid. I decided to run it as admin and that fixed my issue below. Turns out it was a file permissions issue. I reset the permissions so that my account had full access to them and that cleared it up.

Previous:
                  Color me stupid, but I can't get in. It gives me the message the ad_sepulcher is not available. I've downloaded the following files:

1. quakespasm-admond-win32.zip - unzipped into my Quake directory (it's the steam version)
                  2. ad_v1_50final.zip - unzipped into AD subfolder off of main quake directory
                  3. ad_sepulcher.zip - unzipped into AD subfolder off of main quake directory and overwrote exiting files

There is no short-cut as specified in the directions. I've tried both quakespasm-admod.exe and quakespasm-spike-admod.exe and both result in the same issue after loading the AD mod. I've attached a screen shot of the error message. I can enter all the other maps, just not this one. And to clarify, it launches just fine. I go the portal immediately to my left. Then in the next section, I go the portal to the right which is supposed to take me the Sepulcher mod but it won't let me throw.

Any ideas? I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by bolski; 08-06-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X