Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Undergate Beta

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    You'll see. It was a TON of work. Lardarse knows, but I told him not to tell you :d :d :d
    Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
    what makes him so special?
    Ah, Lardarse is into concepts and ideas and you like things finished Hence ... I like to have things ready-to-go before I tell you :d

The Undergate

I had a hard time deciding what to call this map. It isn't made by the Underworldfan and he doesn't even know about it, but since it is almost based entirely on the Underworld site I gave it the name "undergate". I can include in the readme or even within the map that map isn't associated with the Underworldfan's site, this map is beta -- a nearly finished map, but it is not done yet.

Here is what this map is ....

I examined hundreds of maps (on the Underworld site) to identify maps that don't need a special progs.dat and I also discarded maps with models/sounds or anything out of the ordinary (except lits and skyboxes). I thinned out the field a little based on some criteria, took those maps and made screenshots of all of time, added titles/author names and category (plus xx/20 rating if applicable and Hall of Fame (the classic one) and denoted the ranking).

There are skill selector buttons for convenience.

If anyone is interested in looking around the map, the beta is available for download. Due to the size of the textures in the map, it is a fairly large individual map at 3.5 MB zipped.

Download: Undergate Beta - 3.5 MB zip (This download is ONLY the pictured map)

It is beta because I discovered 3 typos in the map. Also Lardarse is going to help me do some QuakeC to make some enhancements.

And maybe I should rename the map, I'm not really sure what is an appropriate name for the map. It's solely based on the work of the Underworld site, but it isn't "endorsed" by him either and don't want to portray it as such.

Either way --- time to sleep :d :d

Last edited by Baker; 09-02-2006, 09:06 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

INteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      You like things finished
      i like to know what things are more then i like them finished.

example:

what if you're making a real shitty cake, if you tell me what it is i can tell you not to make it and spare you some effort

Comment

I think this is RocketGuys way of saying that he hates cake.

Meanie.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Fuckin cake nazi
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

you cake eaters!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
            X