• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Undergate Release 2

The Undergate Release 2

Download: Undergate EZ Installer - 73.7 MB
    Download: Undergate 7-Zip - 74.1 MB

With the assistance of Oldman of Quakeworld.nu, a very well known Quakeworld developer of many projects, the Undergate now has support for running single player in Quakeworld engines, in addtion to working, of course, with all the regular Quake engines.

(Read below for new special support for JoeQuake/Qrack conveniences).

10 maps featured in the Undergate do not run properly in FuhQuake or EZQuake and I disabled the teleporters with a message recommending the supplied engines (Enhanced GL/WinQuake and FitzQuake).

Most of these maps were already compatible with Quakeworld's single player support and I wanted to expand the convenience by making the Undergate as flexible as possible, since it is geared towards showcasing single player to players that have not necessarily experienced single player custom maps before.

Starting The Undergate In a Quakeworld Engine

Hehe, I had a funny idea -- this is too easy. Just start FuhQuake/EZQuake like you normally do and type this in the console and press enter:

EXEC UNDERGATE

That's it. NO COMMANDLINE PARAMETERS REQUIRED, except -mem 32 or -heapsize 32768.

JoeQuake/Qrack Support

JoeQuake and Qrack, being very similar to FuhQuake and EZQuake, have a nice and easy way of starting the Undergate:

EXEC UNDERGATE <--- type that in console

Again, no command line parameters required.

You can still, of course, just click Start -> Programs -> Quake -> Undergate to start the Undergate with the supplied engines, Enhanced GL/WinQuake or FitzQuake, which I feel offer the best single player support of any engines and also present the author's intended experience the best.

Thanks to RocketGuy for compiling me a zqcc.exe, the compiler used for compiling the special qwprogs.dat (source included in download).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention ... I made JoeQuake 0.15 save the settings automatically when the Undergate is started via typing EXEC UNDERGATE in the console.

Originally posted by paker View Post
    Could use some help. Underworld doesn't seem to save settings. I added set freelook "1", because that isn't in the menu options and it was saved ok, but the normal settings of the key selection is not saved from game to game.
    So JoeQuake 0.15' s unusual behavior where it doesn't save settings by default is "corrected", at least with the Undergate, when started via the console.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
    X