Favourite single player Id map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite single player Id map?

Mine, for some reason, is Gloom Keep, not sure why. Crypt Of Decay a close second.

You?

E2M6. The Dismal Oubliette.

Comment

Originally posted by ORL View Post
      i dont like the elevator bit before the x2 vores

it scares me :S

Comment

Wind Tunnels 100%

Comment

EoneMeight

Comment

Necropolis, Gloom Keep, pretty much all of e2, Satan's Dark Delight, Palace of Hate

i really just enjoy all of the id maps a lot

Originally posted by man_traic

Originally posted by ORL
            i dont like the elevator bit before the x2 vores

it scares me :S
            hahaha i had to carry that on....

scar3crow: in a recent forum discussion of their favorite id maps, one person specified they didnt like e2m6 because the final elevator scares them. i think this could be considered a victory of map design.
            John Romero: Hahaha! Nice. I designed it after The Haunted Mansion....and I'm at disneyland this very second btw
            Now to scour that Eddie Murphy film for Quake runes!
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I'd probably say the secret map in the second episode (e2m7?) I was playing it again, recently, and found that it's very well constructed, with good atmosphere and quite a nice challenge on nightmare difficulty
              A signature? Oh dear.

Comment

e1m3. If I wanted to show someone Quake, I'd show them that (skill 3 of course.) Unbelievable how many monsters, opening walls etc. they fit in that thing. And you gotta love the lowering ceiling stuff. The moat, the zombies...

runners-up:

e1m4. I immediately loved the water bit, with the submerged houses. Still do. And I still didn't switch off water tinting just because of this map. And the ogre coming out of the floor... it looks like he's sawing a hole for himself to come through :-) It's so cool.
                e1m6. Just a map where everything is in the right place. The moving spikes bit is cool, as is everything else about it.

Shareware quake will do, thank you :-) just like Doom, the best part is free.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

e3m4 Satan´s Dark Delight, the floating platform part was just the first time, and The Dysmal Oubliette of course

Comment

End: Shub Niggurath's Pit.

This is my favoirite level.

Why
                    -------------
                    Final Boss
                    Shamblers
                    Vores
                    Good for deathmatch

Comment

I always enjoyed the Ogre Citadel, Palace of Hate, Castle of The Damned, and Necropolis. The last 2 just maybe more because of sentimental reasons.
                      If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

e4m3, I <3 quad and SNG. gibs are the best
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned E4m3, The Elder God Shrine. It is easily my favorite.

Comment

^^^ Yea, forgot about that one. The wizard's manse was really enjoyable too.
                            If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

so tricky to choose but for me it's got to be e1m8/ziggaraut vertigo.

The first time I played this back in '96 I thought my poor old 486 had reached lag city, till I realised it's just low gravity LOL!
                              however running it in DP today it has reached lag city! (i really must upgrade)

still, e3m5/wind tunnels are a close second (such a great concept) and e3m4/satan's dark delight a fair third (got to love the floating plats and gib-piston!)

still, e2m3/crypt of decay was a well balanced map too, full of cool secrets, features and traps; nail corridor, well of wishes, that annoying ogre up the top, the zombies guarding the nade ammo in the secret corner, the shambler behind the gold-key door, your first encounter with rotfish, the sneaky zombies that pop out the wall behind you... greatstuff. This is the map I always think of first when I think back to first playing quake on my freinds pc back in the day, so its pure nostalgia for me...

however there is a special place in my heart for e1m7/house of ch'ton simply because it's a proper boss map, just as end/shub niggurath's pit is, such a shame we never had bosses for episodes two through four, never understood why really...

Comment

Working...
                              X