• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scourge of Armagon with ProQuake

Hi, I stumbled on this site after getting a new PC and encountering
    the Windows XP problem with my registered Quake cd. Downloaded
    ProQuake and am extremely pleased and grateful. It's GLQuake but
    better than I've played before, just excellent.

I've got a Scourge of Armagon disc, and silly question I know, but I've installed it into the Quake folder but can't run it.
    Would it work with ProQuake, and well, is it the same process for any other maps I install from cd's or download?

Thanks.

Start it with ...

"c:\program files\quake\glpro.exe" -hipnotic

and it should work fine.

ProQuake behaves exactly like WinQuake and GLQuake, there are no differences in how they work.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wow thanks, that works fine now. I expect it would be the same with Mission Pack 2, but putting -rogue as the parameter instead.
      I'm just getting used to Windows XP, what unnerved me was I couldn't find how to get into MS-DOS mode, but the run function works fine, I just type in as I would with the command line.
      So say when I eventually doownload some of the map that your site recommends, can I load them in this way, or is it best to use a different Quake engine?

Thanks again.

Comment

Ah, there's a slight annoyance, hopefully someone could help.
        Mission packs 1 and 2 are working fine with ProQuake using GL.
        However, there is a black border when playing them, I'd say it's like widescreen but obviously on a too small monitor, it's about 85% the size of ProQuake.
        I.e, its not true fullscreen like the ID levels and additional maps in ProQuake.
        Any ideas?

Edit: Sorry, I need to do some research before asking obvious questions.
        Found it on this thread: http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1868
        Just needed parameters for width and height adding.

No doubt I'll be asking questions about all these great maps I've read about on this site though!
        Last edited by Abyss; 01-24-2007, 02:47 PM. Reason: Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss View Post
          Ah, there's a slight annoyance, hopefully someone could help.
          Mission packs 1 and 2 are working fine with ProQuake using GL.
          However, there is a black border when playing them, I'd say it's like widescreen but obviously on a too small monitor, it's about 85% the size of ProQuake.
          I.e, its not true fullscreen like the ID levels and additional maps in ProQuake.
          Any ideas?
          Set the resolution upon starting?

"c:\quake\glpro.exe" -width 640 -height 480 -hipnotic
          "c:\quake\glpro.exe" -width 1024 -height 768 -hipnotic

Or you could use Enhanced GLQuake and do ...

"c:\quake\glquake.exe" -width <your display res> -height <your display res> -window -hipnotic

Or you could use FitzQuake or DarkPlaces (which both have shift-on-the-fly display resolution in Options) and start it like this:

"c:\quake\fitzquake080.exe" -hipnotic
          "c:\quake\darkplaces.exe" -hipnotic
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss View Post
            Wow thanks, that works fine now. I expect it would be the same with Mission Pack 2, but putting -rogue as the parameter instead.
            I'm just getting used to Windows XP, what unnerved me was I couldn't find how to get into MS-DOS mode
            I click Start -> Run and paste in there. You could also make a Windows shortcut on, say, the desktop. I don't use MS-DOS mode, although that isn't much different.

So say when I eventually doownload some of the map that your site recommends, can I load them in this way, or is it best to use a different Quake engine?
            The Undergate download builds a shortcut and includes FitzQuake and Enhanced GLQuake so you could just click Start-> All Programs -> Quake -> (your selection).

If you download something else, say, from http://underworld.planetquake.gamespy.com/ you would need to read the instructions in the readme.txt that comes with the download to see the proper command line to start it.

Comment

I can't run Scourge of Aramgon, I downloaded wqpro back in January so that I could run Quake l on Windows XP. It worked great, now I'm struggling on how to run this mission pack now. I'm not very computer savey, so I can't make out from your forums how to get it to run. Can someone help me figure it out? It is in the folder "Hipnotic, in my quake folder.

Comment

Did you try what the other guys did?

Comment

I put in the command line " c:\quake\wqpro.exe - hipnotic", but it just runs quake, not the mission pack. Like I said before, this ain't my day job. I think I got lucky when I was able to get Quake I to run. Any help would be appreciated, but you will probably have to explain it like I'm a 3 year old.

Comment

You've got a space between - and hipnotic; you want "-hipnotic", not "- hipnotic"
                    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by msnyder63 View Post
                        That did the trick. Thanks for the help.
                        Glad to oblige.
                        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X